• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Linc chuckled as the excitable Eevee came racing towards him. Dropping onto his haunches he held out a hand, palm facing upwards and open, for the pokemon to smell. It was generally his experience that it was best to let pokemon get to know you before you tried being overly friendly with them.

"Hey there bro." He said to the Eevee before looking up to its trainer. "Hey man. I just saw you guys lookin' a little lost and wondered if I could help you out or anythin'? I ain't been here, like, all that long myself so I know how it can, y'know?"

Nika Valentine

Nika made her way amongst the trees, keeping a sharp eye out for any pokemon that might decide to make a late night snack of her. It was important to watch not only the ground, but amongst the tree branches and foliage as well. It was while doing so that she thought she saw a pokemon amongst the branches, but in the fading light it was hard to make out exactly what it was... it appeared to be hanging from a forked branch, not far from the edge of the forests treeline...

As she was about to step forward and get a closer look Nika felt her hat rising from her head, apparently of its own accord. Flinching from the unknown movement she looked around, panic gripping her, to see a Yanma sniggering to itself as it flew around with her hat. As though she needed a practical joke, now of all ti-...

...A Yanma! Not only was it a bug type, it was also a flying type, exactly what she was after! And although Yanma were arguably quite cute their evolution Yanmega was a pokemon straight from a nightmare, which could give her team the intimidating member it was currently lacking.

"Yanma, I ch-HEY! Come back!" She called out, chasing the Yanma as it fled through the trees with her flatcap.​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden​

Zovo let out another excited cry as he leaped into the air and onto Lincoln's outstretched arm. Rather than take a moment to breath, much less take in the stranger's scent, the Eevee was quite content with scrambling up the fellow's arm to try and perch himself on the now not-so-strange stranger's shoulder.

John came strolling along behind, still chuckling to himself. "I see Zovo's already gotten started on introducing himself. Don't you worry, he'll settle down." He shrugged with a bright smile, "Eventually." John withdrew his right hand from its resting spot in his jean pocket and brushed it against his jacket before holding it out towards Lincoln. "Carden. John Carden." He rolled his eyes with yet another chuckle. "Trust me. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need all the help you can offer."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

He just laughed as the Eevee climbed him, he'd always liked friendly pokemon. Jackson and Bixi were both fairly serious, and he didn't know Siege well enough yet to know really what kind of pokemon he was. He stood up cautiously, not wanting to dislodge his new friend, and shook John by the hand.

"Hey bro. Names Lincoln West, pleased to meetcha. And, like, don't worry about it. I was pretty lost myself when I first got here. What can I help you with?"

Nika Valentine

This wasn't getting her anywhere, chasing after the Yanma. It was airborne and much faster than she was, the only reason she hadn't lost sight of it yet was because it didn't want her to. Clearly it was enjoying leading her on this chase, but not for much longer.

Throwing the pokeball ahead of her she released Parasect, who stood there taking about as much action as the surrounding foliage.

"Parasect! Use Psybeam on that Yanma!"
"...pa...ra..."
"The one with my hat!"

Eventually taking the hint Parasect's eyes began to glow in a multitude of colours before firing a rainbow beam at the mischevious dragonfly pokemon. It was a direct hit, the force of the attack sending the Yanma veering off course to crash head first into a tree, dropping Nika's hat. Nika stopped running once she was beside Parasect, panting for breath.

"Good... work..." She wheezed, reaching into her satchel for an empty pokeball and hurling it at the Yanma. Bouncing off the now extremely startled pokemon it opened and sucked Yanma inside, falling to the ground and snapping shut. Nika watched it shake back and forth, anxious to see if the capture was a success.​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola - Pokemon Center

"Haha, you kidding? I was just about to ask you the same thing! Like I said, I haven't battled in awhile soooo don't mind me if we're a bit rusty. Haha." Mark replied to Danielle regarding her battle request. Danielle felt happy that she'll battle with her old friend, even though she won't be battling with her uncle's Pokemon. Mienfoo and Ozzy are quite content, especially Mienfoo. As she and her Pokemon headed inside the Pokemon Center, Mark wanted to follow her inside as well. "One sec I'll follow ya. I gotta heal them up too" Mark said.

Danielle smiled at Mark. "Sure! I could really use some recommendations too."

"Mienfooooo!" Mienfoo cheered as they walked right inside.

As they walked up to the counter, Danielle took out Ozzy's Pokeball, and gave it to the nurse standing behind the counter. She happily took the ball. "A quick heal for my Pachirisu, please." Mienfoo didn't need to be healed, since he didn't battle. He might though...in the coming hours.

"So...Suicune Dorm eh? Watch yourself. Some kids take their position way too highly sometimes. They looked down on a friend of mine for hanging out with me once." Mark started to talk, as he returned his Pokemon to their Pokeballs and handed them to the nurse.

Danielle looked at her jacket, which was wrapped around her waist once she came inside. "So far I haven't had any problems. Lucia and Jack, my two other friends are Suicuners. I've managed to defeat Lucia once, never have battled Jack, but I will someday." She wasn't aware that the Suicuners were top notch. Danielle came to the school because she has the most perfect scores. "I'm sorry about your friend though. I would never be that way."

Mienfoo saw Megan and Mimi the Meganium grabbing a cup of coffee from the cafe cart. He waved at both and smiled.

Danielle sighed a bit, thinking about the other Suicuners she saw when unpacking. "I really need to watch myself then. There are at times I just....go crazy about my winnings. But I still want to care for my friends, regardless of their school ranking."​

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
"We are the guild, and we want you for the team." Was what Zora heard from Arcadia. She had slightly smiled when she heard that she wanted her to join Team Rocket. Zora looked around and didn't notice that her Zorua had transformed into her and giggled. Zora took out a Pokeball and made Zorua go back to her Pokeball and it was slightly sad. Zora looked at Arcadia again and heard a cracking sound. She thought that she was stepping on either glass or little sticks. Little did she know that the egg that was right next to her was hatching.

"I would love to join Team Rocket " Zora said happily maybe even a little ecstatic. She noticed that the weather felt a little bit colder than before. She smiled and tried to ignore the cold. The newly hatched Mudkip looked at Zora but she didn't even notice.

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

Zovo proudly let out a victorious mew, having reached his desired perch. His mischievous little eyes then fell on an even more curious peak: atop Lincoln's messy haired head.

"Don't even think about it, Zovo." John noticed the Eevee's intentions straightaway, shooting the furry ball of terror a blank stare before smiling back at Lincoln. "Have t' put a foot down somewhere, right?"

The Eevee uttered out a dejected mew as he sat himself down, deflated and hopes dashed. Looking back at the glorious mess of hair, Zovo quietly liked and nipped at strands of Lincoln's locks.

"I think you should take that as a compliment." John commented, watching Zovo. "But, it sure would be great if you could show me the way to Raikou Dorm."

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

Kane took the hit hard. His eyes were watering as he shook the mud off. George could see he wouldn't be up much longer. One last attack was possibly all he could get in.
He held up three fingers then four fingers. Overheat again with protect ready to go straight after if the Aron tried a counterattack. It would be weaker than before but would still be more powerful than his other fire moves. Unfortunately the Growlithe was still struggling to see. George couldnt tell how badly the mud had impaired Kane's vision but he was about to find out.

Kane was glowing red again before letting the blast of white fire with a surrounding red spiralling flame off towards the Aron. This time the white flame had a more yellow tinge. A sure sign of its slightly weakened state.

George held his breath as the blast hurtled towards the Aron. Kane tensed ready to deploy a protect at the first sign of a counter.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Drake

Drake closed his eyes as Killita let out a defiant roar as Dragonite slammed into her. He had known she would not last. That he would lose. And now he had. Killita hit the ground in front of him and didn't move, but a quick look told him she was merely knocked out. He wordlessly returned her and paused for several minutes. Then he did something a little unexpected, given how he had goaded Val this entire fight. He smiled softly to himself, as if he had been right about something and approached her.

"Well, that really shut me up, didn't it?" he said, fishing for something in his pocket. He pulled out a small, silver emblem with a dragon's head shape on the front and handed it to her.

"Congratulations are in order. You beat me, and there is really nothing I can say that will change that. You have defeated possibly the second strongest dragon master in existance right now... I dunno if I still can beat Claire... But regardless. I... And Lance... Were right it seems. You've got the talent to become a dragon master yourself. BUT... You have a long way before that happens. Here, take this... Learn how to use these, and you'll be on the right track." he said softly, handing her a small green bag containing a Hyper Potion, a Max Revive, and the TMs Ice Beam and FIre Blast.

"That TM Ice Beam will be a great help when you are fighting someone else with dragons, as most of them are dual type ground or flying. That other TM will help when fighting an Ice Type, as many of your dragons will be able to learn that move. And as for items, it may cost you a round of attacking, but the better course is often the one that will keep you in the fight longer. Another word of advice, play to your strengths and your opponent's weakness. If your Charizard is slow as a rock, and just as tough, don't try and out speed the enemy. If you have a fast pokemon, don't expect them to take a hit well. If your opponent is using a type that has a disadvantage to one of your pokemon, don't be afraid to call that pokemon out and be totally ruthless in claiming a voctory, regardless of what they might say. Most battles arefought to win, and if you don't use every advantage you can, you are asking for a loss." he said, stepping back and crossing his arms.

"Of course, that's just the advice of Drake Finnagin, one of the Three current Dragon Masters. Take it or leave it as you will." he said, snapping his fingers in the air. A bellowing roar could be heard, and he leapt into the air and landed nbeatly on the back of an enormous Salamance, who roared happily at Valorie for her victory, and challenging her to try and fight him next.

"And this guy here is my partner and first pokemon, Zeal! It was a pleasure to make your accaintance Valorie. Come to the Day Care Center later, by yourself or with friends I don't care. But make sure you come!" he said, Zeal rising high into the air and speeding away after he spoke. If Valorie inspected the bag she was holding closely, she would find it was in reality a dark, forest green half cape, the mark of a Dragon Tamer, and in Drake's colors. In truth, he hadn't had time to get a blue or black one from Lance for her yet, as he had just gotten to the island when he met her. It was his way of saying not to give up on her dream, and that it was closer than she thought.

Years
Jack Jacobs
Outside Pokemon Center------------> Fields
vs Tailow

Tik Tok that was the sound rolling around in Jack's head, with a trainer of Lucia's quality he expected a quick finish. This girl who gave Jack a fight when they battled was obviously going to be his favorite for the battle. This impressed Jack though, the boy was putting up a little challenge for her which is always good to see. "Come on" Jack said as he stared walking towards the direction of the open plains.

Blade followed closely obviously Jack was tired of waiting on Danielle, still in the pokemon center doing God knows what but the lease he could do was catch on more pokemon before it became too dark. Upon arrival to the big vast field, Jack spotted a large majority of kanto pokemon something that disappointed him if only a little, since for some strange reason he was always stuck on Kanto pokemon.

"Blade you see anything" Jack waited keenly for an answer, last time the scizor had shown him a pokemon it was the sneaky feebas at the beach "In the tree over there"the scizor pointed to the tree across the way. To Jack's surprise once again it was the little bird pokemon tailow, of all the pokemon he choose Tailow why?

"Not questioning you buddy" Jack smirked as he reached for the pokeball of Whirlwind his Skarmory throwing it into the air and watched as she flew around in a circle looking happy to finally get a chance to stretch her wings. "Alright girl time to show me what you got!!"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
The nurse handed Mark back a try of Pokeballs and he placed the rest of them on his belt, letting Snype back out of course. He felt completely refreshed, along with the rest of his Pokemon. Mark shrugged at Danielle's reply.

"Eh. Well of course. Some people just seem to let their upperclassman ship get to their head. I'm perfectly fine being part of the Raikou Dorm. Sure I might not have gotten the best grades but its been a good learning experience so far." Mark said as he pulled out his TM case again.

"Hrm... what to use...." He mumbled to himself.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Linc chuckled as Zovo's antics continued. It wasn't often that he had a pokemon use him as a perch. His own pokemon were either too heavy for it, or just didn't have the right body type to be comfortable riding around on his shoulder or head. Occassionally his dads Chatot would rest on his shoulder or head, but it'd been a while. Still though, he was happy to have the little furball keeping him company.

"Aw, it's cool. None of my pokemon are too fluffy or friendly, it makes a nice change, y'know? And yeah, I'm in Raikou Dorm myself, so I totally know the way. You need a hand with your bags or anythin'?"

Nika Valentine

Nika cursed as the Yanma erupted from the pokeball, disoriented but still free. She should have known one attack and a run-in with a tree wouldn't be enough to let her capture the little prankster.

"Psybeam again."

Parasect obediently fired off a second Psybeam attack, striking the Yanma again, but between the attacks and capture attempts the Yanma had lost all desire to play and started to zoom off through the treeline.

"NO! Spore, quickly, use Spore!"

Jumping a little at its mistress' uncharacteristic (read; characteristic) panic before releasing a cloud of powder from the large mushroom on its back. The cloud of powder flew towards Yanma, catching it full in the face and causing the dragonfly pokemon to stop, hovering in place and letting out a tiny sneeze. Slowly it started to drift towards the ground, occassionally buzzing its wings and gaining a few inches in height, but eventually it had no choice but to succumb to the effects of Spore and land on the forest floor, dropping off to sleep.

She wasn't going to get another chance as good as this, if the Yanma woke up it would zip off through the forest before Parasect could fire off another move. She reached into her satchel for an empty pokeball... no... no-no-no... there had to be one! She couldn't have run out already! Scrambling through the bag frantically she finally found an empty pokeball...

...except it was a Dusk Ball. The days light was starting to fade, but it was by no means night time yet, when Dusk Balls were at their most effective. But if used in a dark place they could still provide a trainer the edge, and the trees were blocking out a lot of what little light was left in the day.

Without anymore time to think about it Nika threw the Dusk Ball, striking the Yanma and sucking it inside in a much more sinister light than your average pokeball. Hopefully this time would be a success.​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

John gave his arm a swing to brandish his backpack, "No thanks. I travel light." With a chuckle, he slung the bag over his shoulder again. "And, this is pretty cool--us being in the same dorm and all."

Zovo narrowed his eyes at John as he uttered what sounded like a low, displeased moan.

John looked over to his companion. "Right, right!" He turned back to Lincoln, bowing his head ever so slightly, loose, brown locks of his unkempt hair spilling this way and that. "Y'think it'd be alright if you showed us the way to a cafeteria?" He lifted his head, his chuckling sounded a bit nervous at this point. "I'm famished, and Zovo's pretty peckish himself."

The Eevee affirmed this with a mew and tip of his head.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

"No worries bro." Lincoln smiled. "It's not all that far from town to the Academy." He set off through the town, checking to make sure John was with him. "Yeah, totally, I reckon Raikou is the place to be, y'know? I've heard some people say it's kinda looked down on by the other dorms, but who needs people like that, right?"

It wouldn't take them long to make their way through the town and onto the main road between Oak Town and the Academy. John probably could've found his own way, but it felt good to return the favour someone had done for him just the other day.

Nika Valentine

Click.

Nika breathed a sigh of relief as the Dusk Ball stopped shaking and gave out that distinctive noise to say she had captured her prey. Walking around she retrieved Parasect's pokeball, her hat (which was quickly dusted off and returned to her head) and Yanma's Dusk Ball. It was a happy accident really, that Yanma was to dwell inside a Dusk Ball. Although not very appropriate right now, once it evolved into a Yanmega a Dusk Ball would suit it perfectly.

Allowing herself a small smile Nika deposited the Dusk Ball into her satchel and returned Parasect to her pokeball. Although the Dusk Ball had perhaps not been as effective as it should have been was getting dark in this forest... she started to walk quickly back towards the forests edge, having no intention of being in the forest once true night arrived.​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

"Looked down on, huh?" John shrugged his shoulders with a tilt of his head. "Well, can't say I'm really anything special. There was a bit of a mix-up with my written exam, and didn't have time to get all sorted out so my score was... eh, lackluster to say the least."

Zovo, still content to be perched on Lincoln's shoulder, drooped an ear, not particularly fond of hearing John berate himself. Looking to distract himself, he decided to one again lick at his ride's hair.

"Still," John continued, "Did pretty okay during the practical evaluation or whatever it's called." He shot the Eevee a thumbs up, grinning. "Though, that wasn't just me. Speaking of which," He turned back to Lincoln, "what sort of team do you have, if ya don't mind me asking?"

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Linc chuckled as Zovo continued licking his hair - it was a lot nicer than when his dads Arcanine decided to lick him, Hermes was so big you had no choice but to be pinned down and drenched in slobber.

"I'm sorry to hear that bro. But hey, the way I see it, it gives us like an advantage, y'know? People will underestimate us." Linc was more than happy to discuss his pokemon, but he'd learnt the hard way not to blab to just anyone that he had some rare fossil pokemon.

"I don't mind you askin' at all dude. I'm a rock type specialist, I only train rock types y'know? How about yourself, is it just you and this little guy?"​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

"Rock types, eh? Heh. Sorta had you pegged as maybe a water type kind of guy." John planted his feet together, stretching out his arms to the side. "The kinda bro who could 'hang ten'."

Zovo leaped from Lincoln's shoulder to John's and immediately scaled his trainer to mount himself atop John's head. The Eevee raised his fore-paws out to the side, balancing atop John's mass of brown hair, seemingly trying to mimic his master's own little gesture.

John laughed heartily and gave his head a tilt, signaling Zovo to find a new perch. The Eevee deemed his trainer's shoulder to be satisfactory and settled there as John continued. "I never met another trainer who wanted to specialize in one type. Well, excluding the gym leaders of course." John reached for his belt and retrieved two pokéballs in their compacted form, cradling them between his fingers. "Zovo here was my first pokémon, but my brother gave me a Vulpix as a gift and then I traded a Pikachu I caught for a Growlithe."

Most likely wanting his friends to come out, Zovo enthusiastically pawed at John's hand. The trainer merely chuckled before re-securing the pokéballs to his belt. "Y'probably already guessed it, but I got a passion for fire types."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Diana cried out as the Overheat hit her and she staggered back a bit, but she looked up with a determined glint in her eyes, she wouldn't be taken down that easily! Lucia smirked, "Diana, go in once more with a Mud-Slap!" The Aron grunted as she turned around and kicked up her hind legs once more, but this time a shield appeared around Kane, blocking him from the attack. Diana groaned, "Come on! Why won't you just go down!?" She shouted at the Growlithe.

Lucia watched Diana and smirked, the next Overheat, or any fire attack for that matter, wouldn't really hit her that hard and she could take out Kane with her next attack. All Diana had to do was wait for the right opening... and BAM! Kane would be out. Lucia doubted she could win against George's next pokemon, but still, it was always the experience that counted. As long as Diana got stronger, it would be worth it.

Roberto continued to watch the match idly. He felt the need to go into that pokemon center and tell off that Sableye and expose the little monster for what he was, but he needed to stay with Lucia. Still, that was probably what the ghost had in mind for him. Leave now so he could strike. He wasn't falling for it. Roberto just busied himself with looking at Diana and wondering if she would make a good protector for Lucia. He would just have to wait and see.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln laughed at John's impersonation of a 'surfer dude', but it was more down to his Eevee's efforts than his own. "Good one bro! And, yeah, I get that a lot. Don't get me wrong, I totally think water types are awesome, y'know? If I didn't train rock types it'd, like, have to be water types, but I got a bit of family history and... well, it's a long story, y'know?"

"Fire types though, huh? That's cool, I got a lotta respect for other trainers who decide to stick with just one type. I guess you'll be evolving your little buddy there into a Flareon someday then, huh?" He asked, gesturing to Zovo as they continued on down the road.​

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

George watched as Kane's protect blocked the Aron's second mud slap. This was going to be Kane's last move. Protect would fail if it was used again and Kane would go down. His fire attacks would be too weak to do much anymore. Biting the Aron would do nothing. So again he was to rely on return and Kane's friendship to do some damage. He showed the Growlithe five fingers and waited to see what would happen.

Kane launched into his attack. His vision had cleared up and he had realised he couldnt hold on much longer. If this attack was to be his last the little Gorwlithe was going to give it everything.

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

"That's the plan!" John happily replied as he reached up to gently and affectionately clasp his hand on Zovo's tiny head and ruffle his little buddy's fur a bit. "'Course, got no real idea when that'll be," he continued, looking back toward his guide. "Actually, it's a little coincidental how things worked out--my entire trio all evolve by use of a fire stone. But, I'm sure one way or another they'll tell me when they think they're ready to evolve."

Zovo mewed quietly, in response to both John's words and his trainer's petting. "I hear it can a bit of a tricky business with evolutionary families that make use of those stones--do it too early and you could just close off a lot of your pokémon's potential."

John began to drum his fingers on his leg, scratching at the denim of his jeans. Maybe he really should give this more thought than he does, it is after all very significant for all three of his pokémons' futures. If he picked the time poorly, who knows kind of trouble that could spell for them?

He bit his lip and glanced around for a moment before speaking again. "So, rock types.. who make up your team exactly?" He asked, wearing another smile.

Back