• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Heh, I was so busy on the LP thread, I forgot to upload my challenge status here! In the last episode, I picked up Surf and Strength, just after beating Koga.

Stats: Golbat lv. 48 Giga Drain, Wing Attack, Bite, Confuse Ray

Koga Fight here:
Spoiler:

Plus check out the walkthough of the Safari Zone here:
Spoiler:

All the videos are available at the link in my sig!

Last edited:

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
I'm totally up for this challenge. :D I already started on my Blue version though. ^^' Anyway my party consists of A Venusaur named Katie at Level 33 and a Bellsprout which is my first HM slave. I just defeated Lt. Surge, and i'm on my way to get a bike then head off to Lavender town. :)

Last edited:
Years
I've recently started this challenge with Lopunny on Platinum.
I pretty much sped through everything up until now; my Fran really packs a punch!
At the moment I'm stuck in Hearthome, since I stupidly replaced Foresight with Quick-Attack. With no moves that can affect the third gym's pokemon, I have two options. One is to train up to level 46 to learn Bounce, and the other is to trade over a TM. My second DS is in horrible condition (you have to nearly break your fingers pressing the directional buttons to get them to work), so I use it as little as possible. I'll try training Fran today to see how much of it I can stand.

Fran (Lopunny) @ Exp. Share
Lv. 36
-Return
-Quick Attack
-Dizzy Punch
-Jump Kick

Ravenfreak

Years
Well I finished Blue version. Katie is now at level 70, the game is finished and I owe it to Struggle. :V I ran out of moves, and didn't have any elixers or ethers so that sucked. :\ It fainted once though, had to use only one revive. Stupid Alakazam got a critical hit with Psybeam... I think i'll do this next in Diamond version seeing how I haven't played it in forever. (Yeah I renamed my Venusaur after my fiancee. :V) Also my HM slaves were Pidgey, Belsprout, and Snorlax.

Last edited:

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I beat the E4 earlier in Sapphire.

264.gif

Gengar Lv.79
Psychic, Thunderbolt, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball

I also started Platinum right after and I beat Byron and saved afterward.
094.png

Gengar Lv.52
Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Three new videos up as of today, Two gym fights and two dungeon walkthroughs. Busy Busy.

Sliph Co Walkthrough:
Spoiler:

Dual Gyms of Saffron:
Spoiler:

Pokemon Mansion Walkthrough:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Finished the rest of the gyms. I mopped up the Kanto side of gold as quck as I could and fought Red, wasnt easy, I got stalled for a while by his snorlax but I prevailed eventuallly.

Endgame appearance:
Arcanine
BraveHeart Lvl.74
-Bite
-Take Down
-Flamethrower
-Dig
Done With Gold now on to Ruby :D

I did all the Starting stuff
Named my Growlithe HellHound (Houndoom name, I know)
To make a long story short, I defeated the sixth gym and didnt have a Fire stone to evolve HellHound
so my poke was:
Growlithe
HellHound lv.52
-Bite
-Take Down
-Flame Wheel
-Flamethrower
(I can't find dig and I have payed dearly for it)

Found the Fire Stone when I picked the game up again, I defeated the 7th gym, Caught Groudon to use for perma-weather later, I hope thats okay
mopped up the 8th gym, taught the tentacool i caught Waterfall, then moved onto Ever Grande City
Cleared Victory road, without flash.(achievement unlocked) took on the E4 with ease.
Sidney, Flamethrower
Pheobe, Bite and Flame Wheel
Glacia, Alot of switching into groudon to put up sun for a turn while she put up the hail. Frustrating, but easy
Drake, Weather Wars. a turn after sun went up Flygon uses sandstorm, HellHound is sponging dragonbreaths, and then.....dig -.-. switch to groudon to take the digs, predict the sandstorm, switch back into Hellhound to Bite and deal some neutral damage. Other than that it went pretty smooth

Champion Steven
Skarmory
Cradily <--Trouble
Claydol <-- Trouble
Aggron
Anorith
and Metagross

Easily defeated, except for the crit from Claydol using Earthquake.
I became the champion of Hoenn aaand then....the rom freezes X_X fml. any way here's my set

Arcanine
HellHound Lv.63, Hardy nature
-Bite
-Flame Wheel
-Take Down
-Flamethrower
(Never could find dig .-.)
Onto Diamond!

also thought I would share that I found a shiny gulpin on accident, I caught it for funsies....

pkfire0

Merry Christmas From Blue
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2014
I want to do this with a oddish (and not evolving it). My games are Leaf Green, Gold, Emerald, Pearl, and White. Oh and Thank you, OP

Edit: Update 1

I hacked in my oddish for charmander. I named oddish Spore I beat my rival twice. I went to the hell known as Viridian forest. I leveled up to 14 on the bugs in the forest. I beat brock. I got the running shoes, and saved. Damn forest drained my pp for absorb 4 times.

Update 2

I went through the rock tunnel, Spore leveling up to level 20. Then I beat misty and got the ss ticket. I am about to get on the boat.

Team
Spore the oddish level 28

Last edited:

bctincher15

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Okay I beat the E4 in Platinum, Gengar's really high special attack is really awesome.
094.png

Gengar Lv.73
Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast

I would've given him Energy Ball, but it's not obtainable until post-game. :(

Ravenfreak

Years
So instead of doing this challenge in Diamond, I decided to pick Ruby. I haven't played it in forever so I said why not? :V I've started with Mudkip and it's at level 14 so what i'm doing now is training it until it evolves then i'll take on Roxanne. ^_^

pkfire0

Merry Christmas From Blue
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2014
My save file got screwed up due to my brother having fun with cheats, so I am going to do this with a Lickitung (no evolution for pearl and Blaze black.) I will do all the same games except now red instead of leaf green and Blaze black instead of white.

Ravenfreak

Years
Okay time for a update! Marshtomp is at level 34 and is about to go to level 35. ^_^ I defeated Roxanne, Bralwy, and Watson and each of them were very easy to defeat. :V Still need to determine which pokemon are going to be my HM slaves...

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Today, the Blaine fight and two new walkthroughs on how to get Articuno and Zapdos!

Part 19: I can't read...
Spoiler:

Bonus Video: Uno, Dos, No tres?
Spoiler:

Next update will include the Giovanni and Gary fights (pre-E4) and a Golbat stat update before going to Indigo Plateau.

bctincher15

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Okay, I started with Black and hacked Gastly as my starter using a starter editor.

I have beaten all the way up to Alder, as I've been playing since I woke up.

094.gif

Gengar Lv.97
Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast

Up next, Black 2.

Ravenfreak

Years
I just finished Ruby using my Swampert. :3 It's final level was 67, and it fainted once just like my Venusaur did when I did this challenge in Blue. xD Kind of strange how that happened. I suppose i'll do this next in Diamond, but I might do this in Gold seeing how I want to fix the save battery in my cartridge soon. (I enjoy playing the games on actual hardware rather than on a emulator. xP) Edit: Well it seems that I lost my Diamond version, so i'm doing this challenge next in Platinum. :V

Last edited:

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Maybe a little early to celebrate, but I don't care! In this episode, I reveal who the secret gym leader is! I'm nearly finished (again) with Kanto.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Will be doing a playthrough with
Spr_4d_071.png
! starting with sapphire cause i dont feel like playing kanto/jhoto atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back