• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Z: A Kalos Journey [OOC][T]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
... Guyssss. You can't just talk so much plans in the Skype chat and make me worry that I'm missing stuff and then there's nothing at all in the OOC thread >.< PLS USE THIS k pls <3

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Stage 2
Santalune Forest​

Santalune Forest is a haven for pokémon of all types and natures. the wondrous green trees and shafts of light piercing down from the evening sun above give a very peaceful and pleasant attitude to the area. Much of the forest is shaded due to the tightly knit treeline and the road forward is marked by a beaten dirt trail with long grass on either side. Wild pokémon are present here in abundance and a happy co-existence between man, pokémon and nature is struck. All is usually well, but something is terribly wrong. To the North of the forest a group of shady individuals have harassed and released an aggressive number of fire types into the forest and they've gone on a rampage, starting a massive forest fire that's spreading at an alarming rate. Whether your exploring the peaceful forest or braving the raging flames to help protect the forest, Santalune Forest awaits.

Pokémon Available:​
caterpie.gif
weedle.gif
scatterbug.gif
pidgey.gif
fletchling.gif
zigzagoon.gif
volbeat.gif
illumise.gif
metapod.gif
kakuna.gif
pansage.gif
pansear.gif
panpour.gif
aipom.gif
pikachu.gif
pachirisu.gif
foongus.gif
nincada.gif
cottonee.gif
rattata.gif
burmy.gif
combee.gif
sewaddle.gif
pineco.gif
slakoth.gif
shroomish.gif

Special:
houndour.gif
growlithe.gif

Missions:​

There are nine missions present here! However we do not expect all of them to be undertaken. Work together with friends on whatever mission you like. If you get stuck in a JP that isn't progressing then you will always have another option... and don't consider yourself limited to missions either! You can very easily take a post to catch a pokémon, battle a trainer or explore the area for yourself! If you have your own idea for a mission then you can all feel free to say it here in the OOC or to message Shak and I directly or through the Z group on Skype.

All missions should be claimed officially through a post here in the OOC. As Shak and I won't be on Skype 24/7. So even if you get the go ahead there, be sure to post it here as well!

Mission 1:​
Strange men and women with black suits and hair (As well as few fashionable orange highlights) have released a hoard of wild Houndour and Growlithe into the forest and they've started a raging fire! Someone needs to calm these pokémon down and quick!

Reward: Access to special pokémon for capture. Growlithe and Houndour.

Mission 2:​
A man and woman wearing fancy black suits with fashionable orange highlighted hair were seen releasing the raging fire types in the forest. They're hiding behind the flames in the North most section of the Forest, no doubt planning even more evil deeds! They need to be put in their place!

Reward: Team Cinder Identification Card

Mission 3:​
Flames have surrounded an innocent family of Weedle and Kakuna! A wild Beedrill has been driven into a rage due to this situation... Lenny the bug catcher hates to see his favourite types in such pain and he's willing to give a nice reward to anyone who can stop the Beedrill and put out the flames.

Reward: Bug Net (Used to obtain exclusive pokémon later on.)

Mission 4:​
The Gym leader of Santalune, Viola, loves photography... however a pesky Ninjask is just too fast to snap. Working with Viola's Masquerain, track down and capture this pesky critter and hand it over to Viola for a nice reward.

Reward: TM76 Struggle Bug

Mission 5:​
Youngster Joey has finished his argument on the route before and he's raring to go with all of that anger. His rattata is in the top percentage of all rattata and he's betting all his Dad's special pokéballs on his claim. Go prove this kid wrong.

Reward: 300 P + 3 Quick Balls

Mission 6:​
The police have sealed off the Northern Entrance to stop people from getting too close to the fire... But a few dedicated bug catchers have snuck in and can't be found anywhere. Track them down and send them back, the police can handle them from there. These cops are probably paying too.

Reward: 800 P.

Mission 7:​
The Roselia Fountain in Santalune city has stopped flowing... and the natural water source fueling it, a lake in the forest, needs to be checked out. Lass Anna has volunteered to check it out, but the police say she's missing. Some investigation might be required, for the lake and for Anna herself.

Reward: Mystic Water

Mission 8:​
They say that a man sitting atop a large hill deep in the forest knows the mystical secrets behind a pokémons inner power. Aspiring trainers might find this local tale to be worth pursuing... though the hill is often frequented by wild pokémon...

Reward: TM10 Hidden Power

Mission 9:​
A strange man in a black and orange suit with rather fantastic hair is hiding in the bushes... desperate for someone to distract the police so that they can get away. They call out to nearby trainers for help. Turning them in, or just ignoring them, is the right thing to do... but he does seem to be offering a rather hefty reward of money.

Reward: 800 P

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
So I'm just gonna mention mission two for now. If anyone want to JP that'd be great and if that person wants to take it for themself that's also fine. Basically if no one takes mission 2, I'll have it. If someone does, it's fine

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh wow okay, I still haven't done my first mission. Can I already claim a mission for this area though?

So I'm just gonna mention mission two for now. If anyone want to JP that'd be great and if that person wants to take it for themself that's also fine. Basically if no one takes mission 2, I'll have it. If someone does, it's fine
I think mission 2 would be awesome for Jorunn! If getting a Cinder ID could prepare a plot where she and her orange hair sneak in as a Cinder member at some point, wouldn't that be cool? (;

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
So with the unfortunate news that Moon has had to drop out, we now have an opening for anybody who wants to sign up with a Turtwig. For the most part, the accepting will be first come first serve, but a post suggesting an incoming SU will be taken note of before accepting the very first SU that's dropped.
I would like to remind anyone signing up that this is a tightly nipped RP and requires everyone to be willing and regularly posting for it to function to it's full potential(Probably not the best wording for that, but you get what I mean. Be around basically).

*This message is just here to let people stopping by know the situation, it'll probably change when we can muster something a bit more official, but the information is mostly the same

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
So with the unfortunate news that Moon has had to drop out, we now have an opening for anybody who wants to sign up with a Turtwig. For the most part, the accepting will be first come first serve, but a post suggesting an incoming SU will be taken note of before accepting the very first SU that's dropped.
I would like to remind anyone signing up that this is a tightly nipped RP and requires everyone to be willing and regularly posting for it to function to it's full potential(Probably not the best wording for that, but you get what I mean. Be around basically).

*This message is just here to let people stopping by know the situation, it'll probably change when we can muster something a bit more official, but the information is mostly the same

In response to Shak's post about a spot for Turtwig opening up, I have updated my original application to (hopefully) make it more friendly.

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Ok, so I dont have the power to make recruitments while Deceptio isnt here, but what I can do is address a couple of minor issues in your SU.
The first is probably the bigger of the two, and it's the two strengths your character has:
"A "Third Eye on the Back of His Head"
Carmano is very good at sensing things that he doesn't see. For example, Carmano would be walking along a route, and he would stop, listen, turn around, and like he thought, there would be a pokemon right behind him. Carmano learned this from his early childhood when his brother would prank him all the time by running up behind him and pouring a bucket of water on his head. Carmano eventually learned what to sense and can now apply that to the outside world."
While I'm not sure how you plan to have your character use this in the RP, it does seem like something that falls on one of two ends of the balancing spectrum. This isnt an RP that would demand too much physical confrontation between players themselves, but being able to "sense" things in the way you've described is a little bit of an alarming concept.

"Good Hearing
Carmano has great hearing. He could hear the slight rustle of grass from far away. This helps and is a strength because he can hear a cry for help, or he can hear a pokemon rustle from far away, which could lead to a potential capture if otherwise someone else would not hear it. This goes hand-in-hand with having a third eye, as he developed this strength as well when his brother would prank him alot."​
This alone wasnt really a problem. The only reason it's here is because it only serves to empower the whole idea of the sixth sense, which on its own is suggestively powerful. It's also notable that you have 4 Strengths and only 2 Weaknesses. It's not so bad to have 4 of one and 3 of the other, but 4 and 2 is again a balancing problem.

So this next part is a little nitpicky, but of not considered it could effect the entire dynamic of the RP. It's been a while since I read the OP, so I'm not sure if there's anything that suggests it in there(This may be our fault to be honest) but the idea is that everyone has been in Kalos for a long time(possibly years) attending a trainer school in Aquacorde. In your aspirations section, it's suggested that your trainer just showed up in Kalos, asked for a pokemon then moved on.
While this isnt so much a problem in your SU, it's something to take not of since the idea IC is that everyone already knows each other from school, whether they simply be acquaintance former classmates, in some sort of relationship, close friends etc.

So since I cant accept you myself, we still do have to wait for Deceptio to make his verdict though.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Alright, so what I might do is change it slightly so that Carmano went to a trainer's school because he had nowhere else to go but doesn't know what to do afterwards.

As for the third eye, you're right, it doesn't really have any impact on the RP. I can get rid of it and getting rid of it also balances the strength-weakness spectrum, unless you would rather have me have 4 and 3?

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Alright, so what I might do is change it slightly so that Carmano went to a trainer's school because he had nowhere else to go but doesn't know what to do afterwards.

As for the third eye, you're right, it doesn't really have any impact on the RP. I can get rid of it and getting rid of it also balances the strength-weakness spectrum, unless you would rather have me have 4 and 3?

Sounds good to me! Either will do, preferably 4 and 3 though

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
UPDATE!!!​
For better or for worse, guys Santalune Forrest is now open!!!
Things have been a bit stagnant lately for a few reasons, which I'll be addressing in this post, but thankfully Santalune is up, but will probably be up for a while so if you are in Santalune, I would suggest either thinking up a lot to do, or not rushing out posts.
New SUs: For anyone interested, SUs are still open and will be for the next week. With Deceptio being absent, I've opted to wait before making a decision, but will be doing so if we dont hear from him in the next week. Sorry for making you wait so long Dud
Open routes: For those of you who are still in Aquacorde, not too much worrying is necessary get your slow asses in gear. While Santalune is open, players are welcome to revisit route 2 if they decide they want a Pokemon on the route, however any unfinished missions on the route are now Closed. There will eventually be a post officially closing the route, but for now it's still open.
GM Absence: GDI I didnt sign up for this...but either way it's happened. The GM is missing, and until his return, I guess I'm fully in charge for a bit. Terrible as this fact is, it should only be temporary, and upon his retun there should be no more disgusting update posts or stop start GMing, but for now things are as they are.
You guys have been great. Kinda

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Let me know if you need help managing stuff, Shak. I mean, I can obviously edit things. Just not good with RP planning these days c:

Also edited my last post to have more of the Fletchinder battle and I'll be finishing the event tonight and finally move on to a more acceptable area. My apologies.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
What exactly do you mean by "first come first serve?" Because I'd love to pit myself against dud for that role. Or, would the selecting process be the same as before?​

Nah, it's open for the week. It was gonna be first come first serve, but Deceptio's missing, so I'm left to make the decision rather then him. When next sunday comes along, I'll choose the best SU to take the Turtwig spot

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Alright I'm doing Mission 2! Anybody want to JP? We could just JP meeting up and doing whatever, but doing a mission together could be fun.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Alright I'm doing Mission 2! Anybody want to JP? We could just JP meeting up and doing whatever, but doing a mission together could be fun.

Oh yeah, I signed up for this. I'd be willing to do a joint post, get myself finally involved. Do you think I should do like, an introductory post first? Probably.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ya probably (: just a little something to establish your character would be cool.

Back