• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] We All Live In A Pokémon World...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
A few days after a fourteen year old Alex's birthday, he wakes up from a Gastly to the face only to see that instead of at home where he should be, he's now on the roof of a building. Now he has to try and figure out just what he's supposed to do now in a new world.

This is my first attempt at writing a Pokémon story that follows the trainer rather than a Pokémon, so sorry if there are a few mistakes about how trainers act or anything along those lines.

Also something to know is that the main character going into this story doesn't know about the world of Pokémon. It won't be said why he doesn't know about it until later, but it's probably best to be explained here.

The story's rated teen just to be safe. There's no cursing or any themes that go too far, but I thought that I'd put the slight warning anyway.

Chapter 1
Professor Sycamore's POV

"Ah, good morning Charmander! And how are we feeling today?" I asked as I entered the room. Charmander was feeling a bit down ever since Ivysaur had evolved and left him as the only one of the three in their pre-evolved forms.

"Char..." He said, uninterested in conversation. He was just siting around with his bowl of Pokémon food left hardly touched.

"Aw, don't worry. Just because they've already evolved doesn't mean that they're any better. You're just a late-bloomer is all." I said in attempt to cheer him up.

"Mander..." He got up and slowly trudged out of the room.

I took a step forward. "That-uh...N-Not that being a late-bloomer is a bad thing! It's just. That...Oh..." Alright, maybe I need some help with this...

"Char?..." As Charmander approached the window, he got a look of confusion as he looked towards the street below.

"Hm? What's wrong?" Charmander kept his focus towards the front of the building as he simply signaled me with his claw to join him at the window.

Curious as to what snapped Charmander out of thought so quickly, I walked over and looked out the window only to see a small crowd of people below and Officer Jenny talking with a megaphone in hand and two Machokes standing on either sides of her.

"Sir! Please step away from the ledge! If you get any closer, you may-" Before she could finish, she and the rest of the crowd all gasped in shock.

I opened the window and looked out as Charmander got out of the way. "Officer Jenny, what's going on?"

"Professor! There's a young man on the roof and he slipped on the ledge!" She told me as the Machokes both picked up something I couldn't recognize and ran into the small front courtyard. I assumed that they were setting up something to help with the issue.

"I'll go check it out! You may come in if you need to!" I told her before backing away from the window and looking to Charmander. "Come! I think I'll need your help."

"Char, Char-mander!" He said, determined to help.

We both turned and ran towards the door as one of the other scientists opened it. "Professor Sycamore, there's a crowd of people out-WAH!"

He jumped out of the way as me and Charmander sped past him with no intent of stopping. Luckily he was alright as I had no time to do anything then yell back a quick apology.

From my study the two of us made a sharp right towards a door that led to the emergency staircase. Charmander beat me to the door however and with his rash nature he just tackled the door and knocked it off it's hinges. Taking it down for good before he went for the staircase.

I'll have to remind him that it's a simple push door later.

I followed suit through the now empty doorway as I ran up the flights of stairs with Charmander now an entire set of stairs ahead of me. And as he got up to the roof's doorway, I heard him destroy that door as well.

As I finally came upon the door that wasn't just knocked out of place, but shattered to wooden bits. Still, this only earned my attention for a few seconds as I looked ahead to see a wild Gastly floating around the side of the side of the roof, looking a bit satisfied with itself.

"What is that thing?!" A young man's voice yelled out for dear life.

The young man!

"Hang on, I'll be right there!"

"Very funny!" He retorted. Okay, so maybe that was a bad choice of words. Wow, I'm having terrible luck with talking to others today...

Charmander glared at the Gastly before charging at it.

"Wait! Charmander!" But it was too late as he tried to use rage against it. And as a result, he just phased through the Gastly and fell flat to the ground. Bumping his nose against the ground.

The Gastly turned towards him and started laughing before he realized my presence on the roof. His humorous smile then frowned in fear as he saw me pull out Garchomp's Pokéball.

So, without having to even bring out Garchomp, Gastly floated away and disappeared through a neighboring building's wall.

I sighed in relief whereas Charmander got up and started yelling in the direction Gastly had fled. But ignoring that for now, I ran over towards the ledge and saw the young man struggling to keep a grip on the ledge.

"Alright, the Gastly's gone!" I told him as I got down and grabbed a hold of his right arm to help pull him up. "Grab hold!"

He looked towards his left arm and very hesitantly let go and quickly grabbed a hold of my arm in desperate attempt to get back up.

Sadly I had realized very quickly that I was, just barely, not strong enough to pull him up. "Okay, slight problem..."

"Slight?! I'm hangin' off the edge of the roof here!" The boy said, not taking this situation well enough to calm down.

"Hold on, I'll be right over!" A female voice announced as she ran over towards us. Looking off to the side for a split-second I recognized Officer Jenny as she grabbed a hold of the boy's other hand and helped me pull him up.

He tried to pull one of his legs up above the side and once doing so successfully, it was no problem at all to save him.

The audience below broke out in cheering and applause as the boy tried to catch his breath from all the surprise that he had just experienced.

"What has gotten into you?!" Jenny began to scold as she glared at the boy. "You have so much life ahead of you, why would you risk it with a dangerous stunt like that?!"

"Do you think I want to be up here before the sun's even up for the day?!" He asked in complete disbelief. Also, the sun was already up, but since it was only eight in the morning I don't think he meant that literally.

It was then that I noticed that he was in sleepwear instead of normal everyday clothes. A pair of sweatpants, a grey T-shirt, and no shoes. No socks either. It was as if he had just gotten out of bed.

"Look, lady, I don't where I am or what happened okay? All I can tell you is that I woke up with that black and purple...Smoke-thing in my face! It wouldn't go away, I couldn't knock it knock it away, and it eventually trapped me against the side of this roof! And since there wasn't a rail or anything, I tripped and was hanging on for dear life."

"Hm..." Officer Jenny put a finger to her chin as she pondered his words before eventually turning to me. "Professor, can you confirm any of this?"

"Yes. As me and Charmander came up, we spotted the Gastly bothering him." I told her with a nod.

"Well that does match up with the recent reports we've been getting lately. A Gastly that's been coming and disturbing males whenever asleep..." She said, going over that recent rumor. A rumor that's been going on ever since the rumor of a ghostly human-figure in one of the office buildings was brought to attention once again.

"Still, that doesn't explain what you're doing up here." Jenny said, bringing focus back on the boy. "I'm glad that this wasn't anything like a suicide attempt, but how do you think your family's going to respond when I tell them that you snuck into Professor Sycamore's Lab?!"

"W-What?!" He suddenly turned very pale as he held up his hands in defense from the Officer's glare. "I-I didn't-"

"It's alright miss, the young lad's with me." I told her with a happy smile. He said that he had been attacked by that Gastly. And if the story's correct, that means he really was asleep up here. No trespasser or thief in the right mind would ever sneak into the lab just to sleep on the cold concrete of the roof.

"Huh?!" He turned to me as I quickly flashed him a hopeful grin. "Y-Yeah, I had been staying at his lab...To help him out with his recent discovery!" He lied. Very well I may add.

"My name's Alex." He said, suddenly standing at attention. "And sorry if I acted a bit too angry at you. I did just wake up a while ago after all..." He said with a bit of guilt in his voice.

"Well, I suppose I owe you an apology as well for accusing you of sneaking into his lab. I guess I'm still on edge from the events of that Garchomp incident from a few days ago." She said with a sigh.

"Well now that we're all safe, I'd say we better get off the roof before we freeze. Especially you Alex. After all, you have a lot of work to do today." I told him with a smile.

"Right..." He said with a frown, acting disappointed to help go along with the little lie I had created.

Now that I think about it, if he tries to keep up with this lie then I may just have to present that 'recent discovery' he mentioned to everyone...Gulp...

"I guess I'll get going then. Glad to see everyone's okay." Jenny then turned to me with a small frown. "And Professor, I think you may want to take his advice into consideration. With no railing, someone else could easily trip and fall off the edge."

"Not a very fun thing to experience, I'll tell ya that much..." Alex said, glancing back at the edge.

"Oh. R-Right..." Alright, I get the hint. Railings. I guess it isn't too much to ask of me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
Chapter 2
Alex's POV

After the cop had said her goodbyes, the Professor helped me inside. Sadly, because the adrenaline rush of being chased around- What was that thing called again, a Gastly?- had faded away, I was left to realize that because of being up on that freezing cold roof, I was suffering the consequences.

So upon seeing me shivering from the weather, the Professor offered me a seat inside his study next to the fireplace with a blanket to help warm up.

As I sat there and tried to figure out just what the heck was going on, I heard the door open as one of the Professor's assistant's walked in. I could tell that it was an assistant from the lab coat and what looked like a nametag on the front of the coat.

"Professor Sycamore said that this may help." She told me as she handed me a mug of hot chocolate. "I'm Sofi. And as soon as you're ready, me and Garchomp will help you get home. May I ask your full name?"

"Thank you." I accepted the mug and seeing as how it was cooled, I took a sip. Extra creamer. Not bad. "My name's Alex Fletcher, and...Wait, Garchomp?" I looked at her in confusion. "Is...Is that some kind of nickname or something?"

"Huh?" She raised an eyebrow. "No?..."

"Well that's some name for a scientist." I said as I put the mug down and got up. Putting the blanket around myself like a poncho to help keep warming up. "I mean I'm sorry, but what kind of parents name their kid Garchomp?" And almost as if I said the magic word, I began to hear heavy stomping from outside the hallway.

But the Assistant, Sofi, just started giggling at what I had said. "Oh, no, no, no. I think you misunderstand. Garchomp's not a Scientist. Garchomp is one of Professor Sycamore's Pokémon. In fact, he's right here."

At that moment, someone had come right outside the door. It was a little dark with the hallway not being all that well lit, but I could just make out what he looked like. He was a tall guy that looked pretty big as well. He also had on what looked like odd looking earphones or something because there were two odd shapes on both sides of his head.

Well he definitely breaks the nerdy scientist stereotype...

Sofi stepped aside to give Garchomp some room to walk in. And the second he walked in, I soon spotted that he wasn't a human at all. And because of this, I reacted the following way:

"AH!" I yelled out, stepping backwards and tripping over the edge of the carpet in the process. Falling to the floor and getting tangled up in my blanket poncho as a consolation. "W-What is that thing?!" I asked with complete and total fear.

It's even more threatening than the smiling gas ball!

"I-It's Garchomp! I told you he was a Pokémon!" She said, suddenly worried about my reaction. "I'm sorry, are you afraid of Dragon-Types?!"

"Wha- Dragon-Types?! Is that what this giant monster is?!" I asked, looking towards her for only a few seconds before glancing back at the giant Freak-O-Nature that was taking a step towards me. This made me flail around in the blanket some more until I got free and jumped up to my feet. Walking back very slowly to get some distance between me and Purple-Scales.

"Oh! Uh-I-I mean, not giant monster!" I stuttered as I saw him keep coming closer. "What's your name-Garchomp, right?! You know, I'm not sure if you know this but I am not a tasty human to eat! Trust me, I may not look to unhealthy, but I'm a lot chubbier than I seem!" Despite what I said, Garchomp was still approaching me with that terrifying face trained on me.

"Uh...Oh! Also, it's probably not a good idea to eat me! I mean, I just came outside from sleeping in the cold morning air! I might have pneumonia or something! You don't wanna get sick from eating something like me, ri-AH!" I yelled out as he suddenly picked me up from the ground. Holding me four feet off the ground with ease.

"Alright, fine, eat me! Just make sure not to kill me painfully, okay?!" I begged pitifully before realizing that he was already putting me back down. "Wha-huh?!..." As he set me down, he just looked at me as if to expect me to say something. "Um...T-Thank you?..."

"Don't worry Alex, Garchomp's not going to hurt you." Sofi said with a small smile. "In fact, he's even calmer than most Garchomps are to begin with. He was just stopping you from tripping into the fireplace." She then pointed out the spot Garchomp had picked me up from. Revealing that I was definitely going to be a meal for sure if he didn't save me.

"Oh...Uh...Oops...Sorry about that...Garchomp..." I said awkwardly, not sure how to really apologize to a six foot fire-breathing land shark. Regardless of that though, Garchomp simply nodded at me and started to walk towards the door.

...Wait a second, I need some kind of instant replay. Did that thing really just nod at me?...

"Anyway, let's hurry. You're parents must be worried sick." Sofi told me with a nod as she waited for me at the doorway.

"Uh-r-right!" I got up and put the blanket back on, followed by picking the mug back up. No way was I gonna waste a good cup of hot chocolate. "So where is this lab place anyway?"

"It's at the south-west area of Lumiose City. And speaking of, where do you live?" She asked as we left the room and followed behind Garchomp. With me behind Sofi to help keep my distance.

"San Marcos." I said calmly as I looked around. We had gone through a hallway before coming out to what I could only assume was the lobby of this lab. It was pretty big and the architecture was very impressive. That is, the architecture that was still standing.

Corners of the lobby had pieces of the wall and floor swept up to keep everything out of the way and the floor had wooden panels over certain parts. Upon closer inspection, the reason was because of how the floor had a crater that went around like a trail. Same with the walls.

If I had to guess what did this, I'd put my money on Torpedo Scales over there. Geez, she said Garchomp was calmer than 'other' Garchomps. If this is calm, I don't want to see what a Garchomp would do if angered.

"I've never heard that city...Is it in another region?" She turned towards me with a slightly confused and curious look.

"Another. Region?... Just how far away is Lumiose City?" I asked, suddenly getting worried. I already came to the conclusion that I wasn't in San Marcos anymore, but I never heard of 'Lumiose City' before. Not good news.

"Uh...Well, it's the center and capital of the Kalos Region." She answered with a bit of worry. "Are you not from the Kalos Region?"

"Definitely not. And I know that I was never in any place called Kalos. I was at home, sleeping in my bed and the next thing I know is poof. I winded up on the top of this building."

"Well that's not very good at-Wait, what?!" She asked, suddenly having a eureka moment before spasming out in complete fear and craze at what I had said.

Okay, this lady is not good under pressure.

"Not at Kalos at all?! How is that possible?!" She eventually asked with quickened breathes.

"How should I know?! Aren't you guys the scientists?!" I yelled back, frowning at her. "Are you telling me that you guys don't even know?!"

"Well, no! We're researching Pokémon Mega-Evolution, not unexplained, overnight traveling! Do you have some kind of Psychic-Type Pokémon at your house?"

"Lady, I have two pet dogs! I'm pretty sure that neither of them can perform magic tricks!" Let alone any tricks. It's surprising enough that they learned to sit.

"Gar-Garchomp!" The dragon suddenly, and scaring-ly, interrupted as we approached some glass double doors. And behind them looked to be the inside of a bio-dome or something complete with trees and a small stream. Inside stood the Professor from earlier talking to some kind of red and white bird that was perched upon his finger.

"Good idea Garchomp! The Professor might be able to give an explanation!" She said before charging out into the bio-dome room. Wait, but she just said that they didn't research this kind of stuff. Whether he was the lead Professor or not, how's this dude gonna explain anything better?

"Alex?" The Professor questioned as he saw the three of us come through. "I see that you're feeling better. What brings you to this part of the lab?"

"Professor Sycamore, I think we may have a problem!" Sofi cut in. "Alex claims that he's never set foot in the Kalos Region at all!"

"What?" He let the bird on his finger fly off as he gave us our full attention. "Is this true Alex?"

"Well, yeah. Like I told her, I was sleeping back home in San Marcos last I remember. And I know that I've never even heard of this Kalos Region place."

"Hm...Any leads as to what might've caused this?" He looked towards Sofi for answers.

"Not that I can think of. He said that his family doesn't have any Psychic-Types, and there's no way a Bird-Type could've flown him here if he's from outside of Lumiose City." She explained, very worried now.

"Wait, there are birds that big?" I asked worriedly.

"Well, if not physically brought here or teleported here, then how else could he have appeared?" The Professor started walking over towards us.

"No, really, are there actually birds that big?" I repeated. Sadly, this question of mine was left unanswered for probably the rest of all eternity. Goody gumdrops for me...

"Well, where did you say you were from again? Samacros?" He tried to recall.

"San Marcos. As in San Marcos, Texas." The city alone probably wasn't going to give anyone any clues. But seeing their even more confused looks, it seemed that the state wasn't much help either. And if that was true, then something tells me that naming the country wouldn't do much else but confuse them more. Regardless of them speaking the same language.

"Afraid that doesn't ring much of a bell. It could be that you've come from a very far off place. Farther than even the strongest of Psychic-Type would be able to teleport you...None of this adds up." He put a finger to his chin in thought as he walked ahead. "Alex, would you mind coming with me? I think I may have to get a second opinion on this issue."

"Uh..." I looked to Sofi and then Garchomp, who was thankfully giving me some space, before shrugging. "Sure, I guess...Why, what's going on now?"

Back