• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon The Movie Game (BETA 3.1 RELEASED!)

Sam24

Sam24
Years
Pokémon
The Movie Game

Introduction
Hey! I've always wanted to upload my own Pokémon Essentials game. May as well do it now. :)
At first I planned to upload a demo when I released this thread, but some issues with compressing the game caused it to go into the Developing Phase but now with those issues fixed I can now Upload the demo properly.

Plot
Spoiler:

Features
Watch your favourite movie scenes in overworld game style.(e.g. Tears of live, Lugia's song, etc.)
Soundtrack taken from multiple Pokémon games, the Pokémon Anime and other games.
Training is easier: Only certain trainers will register you and will ask for rematches much faster.
Mystery Gifts giving you access to certain backstories or side plots (e.g. Pikachu Shorts, Mewtwo's origin, etc.)
Pokémon only moments are given in a Mystery Dungeon type of style.
Multiple Ash costumes and costumes from characters from multiple Pokémon game.
The ability to replay movie events without having to start a new game.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Progress
For each beta I plan to release there will be two new movies plots. This list will show you what movies I've done.
Spoiler:

Other progressive stuff I'm doing
Spoiler:

Support banner
PokeacutemonMovieSupportbanner_zpsbde40299.png

Want to help?
If you wish to help, or give me any type of resource or info please PM me!
Things I'm most interested in,
Tilesets
Spoiler:

Scripts
Spoiler:

I'm also open to anything like sprites of side event ideas.

Download Link
Spoiler:

Beta 1.0
Spoiler:

Beta 2.0
Spoiler:

Beta 3.0
Spoiler:

Glitches or errors
Spoiler:

Credits
Lead developers: Sam24
Sprites: Meowth (Raymond Sprite)
Lunardusk (Dragonite Messinger)
MissingLukey (All Overworld Pokemon *Shinys and forms included*)
Scripts: Dragonite
Luka S.G.(Ultimate Title Screen Resource)
Other staff: Creators of Pokémon Essentials
Creators of RPG Maker XP
Useful websites: The Spriters Resource
khinsider.com(Video Game Music)
(If I missed anyone, let me know by PM)

Last edited:

PokeEpicStudios

EpicStudios
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 13, 2014
This looks Interesting but how are you deal with Ash's Different Teams in the Movies?

Sam24

Sam24
Years
Update: The Beta is done and ready but I have a big problem and it's stopping me from releasing it. My beta seems to crash or become corrupt everytime I compress it. I know it is a actual problem with the new scripts in version 13 but I don't know how to fix it. It's the main reason why I didn't release a demo the same time as this post. Right now, it's hopeless. I don't how to fix it,I've checked everywhere and keep ending up in dead ends and I'm stuck.I've tried uploading posts, but no one's replying and until I get this fixed I can't upload the demo! If someone could just help me I will be over the moon.

This looks Interesting but how are you deal with Ash's Different Teams in the Movies?
Right now I'm not worried about that because my first beta has only the first two movies in it and Ash doesn't change Pokémon in between those two. But I've found a script that allows me to transfer Pokémon to the PC silently which helps.

Last edited:
Years
Right now I'm not worried about that because my first beta has only the first two movies in it and Ash doesn't change Pokémon in between those two. But I've found a script that allows me to transfer Pokémon to the PC silently which helps.

Isn't it easier just deleting all Pokemon in the party and adding new ones? Your choice though i guess.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
Isn't it easier just deleting all Pokemon in the party and adding new ones? Your choice though i guess.
In a way, yes. But I want players to have access to all Ash's Pokémon after the game. You won't have access to the PCs until you've completed the story (that's how I've planned it so far).

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I like this idea of making a game based on all the movies, but ash has many companions, and almost every movie has different pals with him, how are you going to make the game for the time when he isn't in the movie (ie, the time between each movie)

Sam24

Sam24
Years
I like this idea of making a game based on all the movies, but ash has many companions, and almost every movie has different pals with him, how are you going to make the game for the time when he isn't in the movie (ie, the time between each movie)
I was thinking of doing something where once you leave a town after doing the movie events, you're given a quick rundown of what has happened in-between each movie (moving to different regions, having pals, either Pokémon or friend leave, etc.) before moving on to the next movie.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I was thinking of doing something where once you leave a town after doing the movie events, you're given a quick rundown of what has happened in-between each movie (moving to different regions, having pals, either Pokémon or friend leave, etc.) before moving on to the next movie.

so pretty much, it's just a cut scene in between each story arc?
That's pretty cool
a suggestion, after all the movie stuff is done, to entertain the player, you could have a stadium esq thing, where you can use any of ash's pokemon and play through a bunch of tournaments

Sam24

Sam24
Years
a suggestion, after all the movie stuff is done, to entertain the player, you could have a stadium esq thing, where you can use any of ash's pokemon and play through a bunch of tournaments
That definitely would be interesting. Originally I was just planning to have a normal elite 4 challenge after the main story, with the 4 elites being custom characters and me as the Champion. But I'm open to anything that would add replay value.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
That definitely would be interesting. Originally I was just planning to have a normal elite 4 challenge after the main story, with the 4 elites being custom characters and me as the Champion. But I'm open to anything that would add replay value.

Maybe a chance to go through all of the anime tournaments? That would be pretty fun after playing through the movies, and having places to train and maybe catch other pokemon that have appeared in the anime. Just an idea though, you can do what you think is right.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
Well after a lot of effort, I've finally got a demo up and ready!
Here's the link!
Spoiler:

Demo includes: First two movies
: Ability to change to Red
: Few custom trainer sprites
: Ability to replay movies
If I get good feedback I'll continue on with the game.

Last edited:

Lenin_

"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. I
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 19, 2016
I've been playing the beta, the first thing is:

1. Battling is quite slow, especially when gaining XP and or losing Hp (Except for critical attacks).

2. The levels of the starter Pokemon are quite low, for example Charizard is level 10 at start, whilist he evolves at 36.

3. When standin near the boat you are cleary talking to Misty but her event ain't there. (Take a look at the image)
6GbCAXF.png

4. When the opposite team is using Safeguard you'll get this message "Your team is no longer protected by safeguard".

Years
I feel like there are too many trainer battles, and they are either really slow and hard or completely one sided for you. The maps are a bit blank, but that will probably be fixed when you get better tilesets.

Otherwise it's okay(aside from some minor event errors), this has a lot of potential and i hope you continue making it.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
I've been playing the beta, the first thing is:

1. Battling is quite slow, especially when gaining XP and or losing Hp (Except for critical attacks).

2. The levels of the starter Pokemon are quite low, for example Charizard is level 10 at start, whilist he evolves at 36.

3. When standin near the boat you are cleary talking to Misty but her event ain't there. (Take a look at the image)
6GbCAXF.png

4. When the opposite team is using Safeguard you'll get this message "Your team is no longer protected by safeguard".

I'll see what I can do about problem 1 and 4.

I've fixed the 3rd issue, now Misty and Brock walk toward you when you've defeated Team Rocket.

At first the level of the Pokémon were going to be around level 20, but after seeing how fast the Pokémon were levelling up, I thought it would be better to reduce the level of the Pokémon otherwise people would have lv 100 Pokémon in no time.

I feel like there are too many trainer battles, and they are either really slow and hard or completely one sided for you.
I'll reduce the amount of trainers in each area (although I don't want to actually delete any trainers), and see if I can try to increase the speed of trainer battles.

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Wow man! I love this, about to play it.

I can help with stuff, I'm in the process of making my game Pokemon Cosmos which has a demo released

Sam24

Sam24
Years
Wow man! I love this, about to play it.

I can help with stuff, I'm in the process of making my game Pokemon Cosmos which has a demo released
Like I said, any help would be great and I would also be very interested to help you in the development of your game. :)

Back