• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon (Oblivion Overhaul)

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Pokemon: A Never-ending Tale.

Introduction:
Imagine an open world Pokemon game, where you can stumble across Pokemon families and colonies, experience towns where everything is alive and every option brings a different outcome. This will be an Oblivion overhaul mod and will take months to complete, please note this will require an original copy of Oblivion to run.

Features:
  • Exploration
  • Unlimited Options
  • Evil or Good
  • Different classes (Ranger, Trainer, Healer)
  • The original 151 Pokemon all in 3D and roaming freely
  • 1000's of Pokemon related items (Professionally modelled)
  • And more to be announced

I will make this thread all pretty and more informative eventually, for now I'm looking for a team to get started with. Send me a message on your abilities and how you can help.

Ovro.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
you can stumble across Pokemon families and colonies
does that mean when you travel, you find an actual nest of pokemon, and not a random attack from the grass?

experience towns where everything is alive and every option brings a different outcome.
does this mean that NPCs will have a creative dialogue? and what kind of option? like destroying some guy's fence, or breaking their pots?

this seems like a really interesting idea, but what kind of story would there be? I like the concept of it and i don't think theres been anything like this; if there has I've never seen one.
Good luck though!

Arma

The Hyena
Years
does this mean that NPCs will have a creative dialogue? and what kind of option? like destroying some guy's fence, or breaking their pots?
I think it will be more like you'll be getting quests, and you got several ways to clear em. Like helping a farmer who's harvest is getting ruined by wild buneary. In order to help him you can poison his plants to make sure the bunnies won't be troubling him much longer, st out traps, or go and try to catch the poor things.

Anyway I really like the sound of this! I'm trying to make a pokemon game with a few features borrowed from oblivion.XD I can't be of much help programming or art wise. But if you ever need a designer who can add quests and other content, feel free to contact me.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Pokemon: A Never-ending Tale.

Introduction:
Imagine an open world Pokemon game, where you can stumble across Pokemon families and colonies, experience towns where everything is alive and every option brings a different outcome. This will be an Oblivion overhaul mod and will take months to complete, please note this will require an original copy of Oblivion to run.

Features:

• Exploration
  • Unlimited Options
  • Evil or Good
  • Different classes (Ranger, Trainer, Healer)
  • The original 151 Pokemon all in 3D and roaming freely
  • 1000's of Pokemon related items (Professionally modelled)
  • And more to be announced

I will make this thread all pretty and more informative eventually, for now I'm looking for a team to get started with. Send me a message on your abilities and how you can help.

Ovro.
This looks extremely overscoped, even for an idea thread.

Open world games are difficult to begin with, and require obscene attention to detail. Additionally, there is really no such thing as "Unlimited Options" or game developers would be unable to sustain a career. Including all of the original 151 Pokemon is a difficult undertaking as it requires each model to be fully rigged and keyframed, which can take a solid 24 hours of work for a single one. Additionally, having thousands of items "professionally" modeled would mean paying someone to create 3d models. Assuming you just mean high-quality, that takes a lot of effort for each model, but can be achieved fairly easily.

All that said, my paragraph there was merely a warning. If you believe you can pull it off, then by all means go for it. Just be aware of what you're committing to. I'm excited to see what you come up with, and wish you the best of luck in this endeavor.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
As a TSE and a Pokemon Fan I love this idea. I think it will be a ton of work though. If you can get some pictures/models done and show them you will get a lot more support. Good luck

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
dude if you can manage to make this game i would pay to play this it sounds like the company who made pokemon would need to hire you to come up with new game ideas....

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Noone will pay, it'll be free as I'll probably be stealing 3D pokemon models from the internet to stick in there.

Yes there will be nests of pokemon.

There will also be quests and some kind of radiant quest system with the Professor after the main story line is complete.

Also there will be guilds like a Ranger's guild and an explorer's brotherhood, not to mention you could join Team Rocket.

Sure it's a lot of work, but my god wouldn't it be worth it. ;)

Yukari

wow this sounds really good but my mom won't let me play M rated game if i can get oblivion i would like to help but that's a big "If". and does it remove the blood and gore, swearing, and alcohol?

Last edited:
Back