• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon August Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
Let me say this, Dew. This is amazing. Hoenn was one of my favorite regions, second only to Johto. Ruby and Sapphire were my first Pokemon Games, and I can't wait to play this Emerald Remake. Will the Battle Frontier return as well?

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
It looks really good. I Loved the sprites and tiles. Emerald was so much fun. (even better than the newer gen stuff) I think my highest file was like 200 something hours lol...(yeah i know maybe some of you more hardcore fans spent twice that or more on the game but, how's counting?) Great idea to remake it. Uber kudos.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
Yep, it looks like Hoenn remakers are going a different route than the old Johto remakers.

...Johto was primarly remade in GBA hacks, so naturally, one would think Hoenn remakes would be primraly remade in DS hacks. Except, it's STILL extremely more conevinent to hack the GBA ROMS instead of the DS ROMS. (Although it seems to eb the other way around SAV wise...) But anyways, it looks like they've gone to RMXP as Plan B...

...Hey, I gotta agree, it makes sense.

ayevdayev

Legend
Years
Cant wait to play!
I knew you would put your excellent tiles to good use.
I can help if you want (anything except for scripting I cant script for life!!! But I could do events and stuff!!!)

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Well, I can only repeat what others have already said: your Tiles and OWs are phenominal. I do have a question, though: are you going to do any new 4th Gen. reposes? 'Cause that would just make my sense of nostalgia all the better. Hoenn was my favorite region (Aqua and Magma FTW). I still give this a 5/5. Can't wait to play. (I kan haz Mudkipz ;))

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
If you plan on adding the secret bases, MephistoX on another forum mate the "RMXP House Decoration System". I don't think I can link to it, and you have to register on that forum... but contact me and I'll be able to do so.

aaauk4.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
That's interesting! As a lot of people said, tileset are interesting. I want also to praise palettes (colors) choice: it exalts all the scenery, keeping the brillant colors from Ds (lite?), which I personally love. There's only a little thing to say, there are some empty spaces in maps. You can use differente grass tiles to make it more various.
And one last thing (XD, sorry): you are using a lot of different enviroment tiles also in the first map, try to take something off, like those terrain rocks, mushrooms or deep water. It'll be better to see them into other maps, to keep "new things" for the other maps :)

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
That's some advice I could use. But I ain't doing the mapping myself anymore. Merovin does it now for me. :p

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
a demo?!? really? how far will it go? the first rival battle?

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Will this game use HG and SS's concept of Pokemon following you around? I enjoy having my Pokemon following me on HG. :)

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I hope it will work, it will give your game just a bit extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back