• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Curse of Hogwarts (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I did not get any message from Bastian, I assume we are making a skype group or something?

Also, I should have a post up by tonight, just gotta run to the bank, them I am back and writing!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I did but I don't really use Skype much

Edit: Well scratch what I said earlier I got my post up. Hope it's okay that I had Mason go looking to see what Aya is up to xD

I also only just realised that Mason is the only 7th Year.

Are we limited to canon-only spells or are we free to come up with our own?
You should present ideas for spells in this OOC and if nobody seems against it, you can use it IC :3

I did not get any message from Bastian, I assume we are making a skype group or something?

Also, I should have a post up by tonight, just gotta run to the bank, them I am back and writing!
Yep! We have a skype group up now. Nice for getting to know the other players and chitchat about the RP and random life stuff :3 but if you have plans for the RP that you need others to hear about, you should still rather use the OOC thread.

Edit: haha, the Ravenclaws be escaping to the right and left xD I guess Aya will have to come up with something to do now, or I'll throw another teacher or ghost or curse on dem poor souls ;)

Last edited:
Years
Perhaps if we're going to do that we can create an etherpad to serve as an index for custom spells? That way we can all easily find and use them?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Since I sent Sir Bastian a late reply, wanted to tell you guys I'll likely finish my post tomorrow, rather than today, like I wanted. You'll have to excuse me if Jasper's inner dialogue makes him out to be smarter than a thirteen year old should be. Although I have written a paragraph devoted to what he notices about a girl's appearance, which should be a decent bit to read.

Years
Ravenclaw's full of rebels in this RP
What we have at the moment almost sounds like a childrens rhyme

Three rebel Ravenclaw's walking down the hall
Two out of three had heads not so small...

Years
Commence shenanigans!

As for the Skype group, I think it's a great idea, but I won't be able to join in. I mentioned that to Sir Bastion, but I'll reiterate here for the record. I get internet on my mobile, so I don't have Skype. I doubt I'd be on at the same time as most of you anyway. I blame time zones and my work schedule.

Years
I'll have a response post coming soon enough Godzil.
Although I sense a JP coming if you'd rather go straight to that. What do you think?
You too Stardu5t.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

Lorelei Bradford

Prefers to be called Lei (Lay)

Birthday: November 17th

Appearance: Lorelei has the potential to cut an impressive figure for his age at 5'11 and a well-balanced 160 pounds. His eyes are his most prominent feature, apparently thanks to some of his parents' experiments. His eyes are just blue at first glance, but upon closer inspection they shift ever so slightly. His irises look like windows to clear blue water, occasionally reacting to slight disturbances. He has slightly pale skin, an average-sized Greek nose, a strong boxy chin that's rounded on the outer corners, and full, pinkish lips that are a bit redder than average. Lorelei's face can be very handsome when taken care of, but as of late he has been foregoing proper grooming aside from bathing. He has a pimple on his left cheek, and another on the middle of his chin. It's not much but before his skin could have been called flawless. His hair is light brown and goes down as far as the bottom of his ears in the back, just above his eyebrows at the bangs.

Most of the time Lorelei just wears his basic Gryffindor uniform. When not in his uniform he usually wears various T-shirts and button-down shirts with either red and white, or green and blue color schemes. On his legs he nearly always wears either jeans or slacks and black dress shoes.

Personality: While not quite bipolar, Lorelei still tends to bounce too easily between the highs and lows of happiness and confidence. Sometimes all it takes is one failure or insult with some merit for him to act depressed, and one success or kind word for him to rebound back. Two of the constants of his personality are his insatiable hunger for knowledge and his love of animals. Lorelei's unquenchable curiosity has led to him having a huge archive of knowledge for someone so inexperienced, but because of how much of it was just him reading whatever caught his eye it's very scattered knowledge and often seems random. When speaking of something he has reason to believe he knows well he can be downright arrogant in his self-assurance, but otherwise he is very humble and occasionally self-deprecating. At his best he's very intelligent, some people would probably claim he was a prodigy if it weren't for his intermittent obvious blunders.

Lorelei very rarely gets angry, in almost any situation where someone else would he's more likely to just jump straight to sadness. When he does get angry however he can be an uncharacteristically frightening sight to behold. He's very intelligent, but he's not always quite there sometimes he has a lot of trouble trying to figure out relatively simple things even while he takes apart complex problems with ease. While Lorelei used to have many friends back in the muggle world, he was never particularly close to any of them and didn't really have a best friend. Ever since he was thrown into the world of magic he's been very lonely and has become rather desperate for some real friends, although he can't bring himself to just admit it and earnestly seek companionship

Ancestry: Pure-blood

History: Lorelei was born in the city of Bradford to Gregory and Samantha Bradford. Quite a coincidence isn't it? His parents have always claimed there's more to their name than meets the eye but refuse to tell anyone just what that entails. Lorelei had a fairly normal early childhood, the only strange thing about his life was that his parents always seemed to be looking into strange things, he always thought they were scientists. They spent so much time either with one of them away on business or both of them locked in the basement that he didn't know what to think. They weren't neglectful parents however, every moment they weren't working was spent with their son, and they held such warmth for him.

Lorelei really seemed to shine in Elementary School, he seemed to grasp everything so fast compared to most of the other students, and everyone always seemed to adore him. He continued to excel and charm most of the people he met until he began middle school, and finally exposed his magical potential when he blew up a book into floating, glowing letters. Of course Gregory and Samantha were always certain their son had the magic within him, but they were in no rush to expose him to the greater world before, but the damage had been done.

Learning of his heritage and the amazing world he had access to was a massive change for Lorelei like it would be for anybody, especially a child. However, in his case, it wasn't completely for the better. The boy had always had a massive penchant for obsessing over one thing or another that interested him for too long, and for months after he was first told what he was by his parents he cut himself off from all but his books and his parents' stories. One of the most important things he learned was that his parents apparently worked with the ministry of magic, but they were neither a part of it or subservient to it. In fact, Gregory and Samantha always had an air of disdain about them when they spoke of the ministry, and they claimed to be independent researchers.

Gregory and Samantha were both extremely inquisitive minds themselves and had spent plenty of times with their noses in books, so they allowed their son to absorb all that he could from their resources. Of course there eventually came a time when tomes and trinkets and word-of-mouth stories were no longer enough to sate Lorelei's curiosity. Such a wondrous world was opened up to Lorelei when he finally went out into it, but almost right away something was off. His amazement at the world of magic was tempered by how very...mundane it made him feel. He no longer felt talented or like a genius, in fact he felt downright dull and uninspired. The pit in Lorelei's stomach grew worse as he met other wizards and witches, they all seemed to feel the same way about him that he had been.

The cycle of hiding away in his books and coming back out to get a feel for the wider world continued for a few more years, it was so vicious and self-feeding Lorelei even dared to refuse his first invitation to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The boy's parents certainly felt for him and never felt the urge to be particularly pushy, especially considering how rebellious both of them could be when ordered around, but enough was enough. Lorelei and his father got in a serious argument and he was left with an ultimatum, either go and get a proper education so he could integrate with magical society and make good on his potential, or have everything related to said society taken away from him. The fight opened his eyes, he didn't want to keep hiding from the world or trying to be some sort of unknown entity with piecemeal knowledge forever, so he finally acquiesced.

The same connections that allowed Samantha and Gregory to hide their son's more-or-less rogue status from the ministry also allowed them to get him another chance at Hogwarts. He would have to start as a first-year since his advanced age couldn't make up for his lack of experience in the least, but he finally saw the opportunity he had and was more than willing to accept what may as well have been a punishment for his previous stubbornness. His only major regret about having to start from the bottom was the delay it would put on becoming an Animagus, ever since he first found out what they were he'd dreamed of becoming one. After all, animals were some of his favorite things in the entire world before he knew he was a wizard, now with all the other amazing creatures out there he was just that much more awed and interested.

House: Gryffindor

Curse: Lorelei takes on aspects of any animals he comes into physical contact with. It's never something too extreme or horrendous, but can sometimes be as much as growing an entirely new appendage. For instance, if he touched a bird human-sized wings might burst from his back, or if he touched a cat his pupils might change or he might grow whiskers and a tail. Only a few changes can happen at once, and it's not the same change every time he touches the same animal, but it doesn't seem to be completely random either. The curse even applies to Animagi while they are transformed.

Extra: Lorelei is joining Hogwarts at the class level of only a second year at the age of 15, which has already earned him plenty of strange looks from many of his soon-to-be classmates.
Lorelei's wand is nine-and-three-quarters inches long and has a dragon fang core.
Lorelei has been a subject of some of his parents safer experiments, and isn't always quite the same as the last time someone may have seen him, his body also sometimes adapts in very small ways to his emotions.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sephear is accepted with Lorelei into Gryffindor's 2nd year (at a slightly too high age, heh). Welcome! Feel free to chat with the other Gryffindor players and plan some.

Years
Sounds good if you want. I assume you guys won't just be following me around all night watching me have a panic attack.

Years
As amusing as that sounds, no probably not xD
I'll get the etherpad up and start it with my response but I have to go to work now, and work on an assignment so not sure exactly when today it'll go up.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Finally made the first post. I'm planning on having Jasper and his friend argue in the next post, which is when his curse will be revealed to them. Surprised to see I'm the first one to post for Slytherin though.

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
And I'll do!.....Something with Lorelei! Errr....hmmm....Things of some sort.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll post as soon as I get the opportunity to :) don't think you're all free, little Ravenclaws...

Years
What dastardly deed is our GM planning? What roams the halls of Hogwarts and poses a threat to our errant Ravenclaws? Will Professor Copperkeis ever get into the dorm? Tune in next time to find out! Same wizard-time, same wizard-channel!

Years
That was brilliant Godzil :')

Adventure would you mind not throwing anything at the three Ravenclaws until we post our JP?

Edit: Or maybe you could even jump in at the end of the post?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Of course I won't interfere unless necessary xD please make your JP and afterwards we'll see :3
Just remember you shouldn't leave the castle or go somewhere you'd obviously be caught by someone, such as the entrance hall/great hall or the kitchen etc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
God damn it... am I too late for a spot? XD
Let's see... Paskalso and Nathan have lost their reservations since I've seen no SUs and ANARCHIT3ct (spelling?) does not seem to have finished quite yet. So I guess I can give Ozy and Nyx a chance, since not all players have even posted yet. Feel free to submit a SU, Ozy!

I would've gotten in just before you, but my parents decided to turn the internet off all weekend, so I didn't really get the opportunity to do anything :P
Let's curse your parents (not too grimly but)

Nyx! I'mma let you in if you can fix your SU up a bit :3

Evan stands at a striking 2.3 meters, taller than most he comes across, and weighing 98 kilos.
2.30 meters is incredibly tall. I don't really think you can be 2.30 unless you have some kind of disease or abnormal condition. 2.10 maybe, but that's still taller than every normal human being I've ever met. Especially for a 14 year old!

Curse: Whenever Evan touches a human, he induces a horrible image which lasts for a split second. To prevent such, Evan always wears gloves.
Please elaborate on this. Do you mean that the person he touches gets a "horrible image" or himself? What is a "horrible image"?

(Is it too much for him to be an animagus?)
Since Lord Sephear didn't want to be an animagus at the start, it would be okay for Evan to be one - but I think that if he is starting year 4 now, it's a bit too young to be an animagus. After all, James Potter and his friends did it in their third year or so, illegally, and apparently it was very difficult for them. But if you think it would make sense (in regards to Evan's personality and history and such) that he was an animagus already, it's okay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back