• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Hey I asked this question like 20 pages or so ago but never got an answer, so I'll just ask again :P

I want to create a new type of pokeball, so I go to the PBS/items and add a pokeball, give it the right properties, etc. so I go in game and I use it. It works fine, but that's not what I want to know. What I want to know is where I go to edit like it's catch rate or something of that sort. Like how a great ball works better than a poke ball. Any help appreciated :)

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Ya I think it's there, haven't looked thoroughly enough to change anything yet, but thanks it was a big help :)

EDIT: would the catch rate be represented by the rareness? Like here's a snippet of the code...

when PBItems::GREATBALL
rareness=(rareness*3/2).floor

and what does the ".floor" represent :P

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
Yes, that's exactly right, and I'm not sure what floor is, but I'm guessig it has something to do with the scene. You can always customize the balls too, like so...

Code:
when PBItems::DUSKBALL
      rareness*=4 if @environment==PBEnvironment::Cave || ((time.hour<20 && time.hour>=6))
or...
Code:
when PBItems::DIVEBALL
      rareness=(rareness*7/2).floor if @environment==PBEnvironment::Underwater
or even make your own... like...
Code:
 when PBItems::SUNNYBALL
      rareness*=4 if @weather==PBWeather::SUNNYDAY

but yea, now I'm just rambling on... o.o;;

Years
Can I somehow add shadow pokemon and purification or should I stick to my previous idea of making new pokemon for every shadow form that evolves into purified version?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Marin52:

I don't know exactly how "shadow Pokemon" and "purification" work exactly; namely whether "shadow" is a Pokemon type or another characteristic and the exact internals of "purification". With this information I might be able to say how to implement these features correctly.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
He means you catch a pokemon that has a "virus", per say, then you work to purify it and rid of the virus. Much like the shadow pokemon in Pokemon Colisseum on the gamecube ;)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Can I somehow add shadow pokemon and purification or should I stick to my previous idea of making new pokemon for every shadow form that evolves into purified version?
I imagine you could create a variable to attach to every pokémon called "shadow", and have it default to false. When you want to encounter a shadow pokémon, set that mon's variable to true. Then load the correct sprites for it and give it an alternative moveset depending on that variable.

When you purify it (I don't know how one goes about that, but I imagine defeating it in battle is the way to do it), set its variable to false again and change the moveset depending on what shadow moves it had.

I don't think there's a need to create new pokémon just to act as shadow pokémon, but this method would be a bit easier to carry out than the variable one.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
I get the following error when I use many moves, including Hydro Pump, Absorb, and Dragon Rush:

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `targets' for #<PokeBattle_Move_00:0x56a8320>
PokeBattle_Move:335:in `pbCalcBaseDamage'
PokeBattle_Move:634:in `pbCalcDamage'
PokeBattle_Move:819:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:1416:in `pbProcessNonMultiHitMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:1655:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:1632:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:1658:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:1932:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:1931:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:1931:in `pbProcessTurn'

This error is really bothering me now. How can I fix it?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
For some reason, the link leads me to a blank white page, i tried again on IE and it said that the page requires a password and i do not have permission to view it.

Years
Since the last release of the kit, the using pictures in scripts seems to have changed, it used to be
Code:
@sprite = Bitmap.new
@sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache(picture name etc.)

I've looked through a lot of the scripts and can't find any way to display pictures.
Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks in advance :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The correct way to display pictures is by using code like the following:

Code:
sprite=IconSprite.new([i]x[/i],[i]y[/i],[i]viewport[/i])
sprite.setBitmap([i]bitmap_name[/i])
where x, y, viewport, and bitmap_name are replaced with the appropriate parameters. This approach supports animated GIF files.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
hey is there a way to edit the position of the sprites in the coding? Like I'm wanting to use a full 80x80 D/P sprite but when I edit the BattlerEnemyY from pbs/pokemon the sprite is still a little too low

thanks for the help :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
RMXPUser462:

Each Pokemon species has a setting called BattlePlayerY, BattleEnemyY, and BattleAltitude, which can be set in PBS/pokedex.txt:

# BattlerPlayerY - Specifies the relative position of the back of the sprite (Graphics/Battlers/XXXb.png) on the battle screen. A higher number means the back sprite is placed lower on the screen.

# BattlerEnemyY - Specifies the relative position of the front side sprite (Graphics/Battlers/XXX.png) on the battle screen. A higher number means the front side sprite is placed lower on the screen.

# BattlerAltitude - Specifies how far from the ground the front sprite is placed, that is, this value will be higher than 0 if the sprite has the appearance of being suspended in the air. A higher number means the front sprite is placed further from the ground.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
---------------------------
Pokemon Pyrite
Exception: NameErrorMessage: undefined local variable or method `dexdata' for #<PokemonPokedexScene:0x936f4f0>PokemonPokedex:449:in `pbSearchDexList'PokemonPokedex:448:in `find_all'PokemonPokedex:448:in `each'PokemonPokedex:448:in `find_all'PokemonPokedex:448:in `pbSearchDexList'PokemonPokedex:775:in `pbDexSearch'PokemonPokedex:746:in `loop'PokemonPokedex:801:in `pbDexSearch'PokemonPokedex:863:in `pbPokedex'PokemonPokedex:840:in `loop'This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

I keep getting this error everytime i use the search function in my Pokedex. Is there anyway I can manually fix it?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Hi, I'm using the original release of PedAPP basic. For some reason whenever I try and use the move Ember, I get the following error:

Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `targets' for #<PokeBattle_Move_04:0x9726718>

PokeBattle_Move:335:in `pbCalcBaseDamage'

PokeBattle_Move:634:in `pbCalcDamage'

PokeBattle_Move:819:in `pbEffect'

PokeBattle_Battler:1416:in `pbProcessNonMultiHitMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:1655:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:1632:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:1658:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:1932:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:1931:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:1931:in `pbProcessTurn'

It worked fine before I moved to PedAPP and I can't find any other moves that do it, what am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I'm not familiar with where to obtain "PedAPP", but that particular problem has been mentioned multiple times before. That problem doesn't exist with the current version of Pokemon Essentials, as PedAPP is based on an earlier version.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Now poccil will be cool if you will start making ds starter kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back