• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
Great! But a deteailed explanation on how to get the dang thing to run is needed, badly. It's been a real headache trying to figure it out.

EDIT: Ah, here we go. You need WinRAR installed to do this.

-One you've downloaded all 3 parts, open any one of them up and open the "Pokemon Pyrite" folder.
-There should be 3 files in there: "Audio" (we'll use this later), "Pokemon Pyrite.exe", and "ReadMe.txt". Click and drag "Pokemon Pyrite.exe" onto your desktop.
-Once it's on your desktop, double click on it and click "OK". This will create a new folder called "Pokemon Pyrite" on your desktop. To make explaining this easier, re-name this new folder "PP Folder".
-Remember how I told you we'd use that "Audio" file later? Click and drag it into "PP Folder".
-Open up "PP Folder".
-Double click on "Game", and enjoy!

Last edited:

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
These instructions should be easy enough. If you have trouble downloading winrar, just click the 32 bit English version. Download and run. Notice there are 3 parts to the game. Just double click any of them and extract. They will all extract together. After that, place the Audio folder inside the folder that you extracted. Make sure to place the folder where it it has a file with an extention .rgssd or something like that. It should run fine.

Also if you want the fonts to work, either copy paste them into your fonts folder in your system folder, or run the game as an admin if you use Vista.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
Is it just me, or did you move some of our new guys to earlier in the game for the demo?

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
quick question can this game be played on a GBA emulator for psp?

No it can not this is the game development section not the emulation section, have you read any of the posts on the other threads because you have been going around asking that.:\

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
Hey Jeff, would it be alright if I posted some of the sprites and/or Fakemon artwork I did for the game on here?

thepsynergist

Years
New Demo Available - Version 0.1b

You heard right, this new demo will replace your old one if you downloaded it already. You can use your old save file to play the game, but since I added a lot of stuff at the beginning, I wouldn't recommend it. I fixed about 50 or so bugs that people have been having problems with. So, for those that sent me emails and stuff, I thank you. Note, I deleted the old demo files and replaced them with the new ones.

For those that had trouble installing the game before, rejoice, for I now made the game plug-and-play after you extract the game. So, just get winRAR and extract the game. Then just double-click on the game.exe and have fun.

I made a new border around the game, so if you set your resolution of the game to either 320x240 or 640x480 then you will see the new border. It composes 7/8 of the gym leaders of the Kyushu region. I am still contemplating who should be the Fire gym leader so I will have a contest of some sort to decide. So if you want to be a part of Project Pyrite, please PM me or respond to this journal. And have fun!

Download links are available on the first post of the thread.

thepsynergist

Years
~Update October 04, 2009~

Sorry if I haven't updated in a while. It's because I was hard at work trying to get my new Power supply cable in the mail. My Pokemon game was on an external hard drive and my power supply cable broke. I just recently got it in the mail so I have been hard at work making progress on my game.

I programmed up to the 4th gym leader now, meaning that my game is relatively 1/4 of the way complete. I will have a new playable demo available within a week, so keep your eyes open. I have also fixed a glitch that prevented progression early on in the previous demo. There are some new music in the game.

Also, the Mask of Ice from the Pokemon Special Manga, finally makes his first appearance in my game. I hope that you find the side-quest enjoyable, as the Mask of Ice is one of the Main Villains in my game. So keep your eyes open for the release of my new demo.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I recomend not having more than one shadow in the game. On your screenshots you can see that the character has more than one shadow which to me looks, disturbing.

thepsynergist

Years
I removed all shadows from the game to make it simple, it still shows light at night, just no shadows.

@DestinyBender: I do have support bars, their in my sig, just copy them...

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
i never seen this here and it looks awesome! How would i download it? I mean like its in three parts

thepsynergist

Years
Download and install winRar, and after you download all three parts, you double click on one of the 3 parts. Extract to your desktop or something and then doubleclick Pokemon Pyrite.exe. Follow the onscreen instructions and you will be on your way to playing my game.

Note: I will have a patch up soon to fix all of the bugs that this demo had. Also, will change some of the storyline to make more sense( Team Rocket chasing you after you flee from them. Silver becoming hostile toward Green. Et cetra.)

thepsynergist

Years
The process of making this game is taking longer than I had hoped, but I am not giving up. My current goal is that this game will be done in its entirety before Gen5 comes out. Just to show how much work I have put into this project, I will list what I have completed.

-The entire Kanto region has been inserted into my game. All of the caves, routes, towns, everything. All I need to do is add the trainers and wild encounters, but I won't do that until the Kyushu region(the main region in my game) is finished.

-About 90% of the Johto region is complete. That is, the overworld maps are. I still have to map out the caves of the Johto region. Again, I won't finish it until the Kyushu region is done.

-About 55% of the Kyushu region is complete. I have all of the maps done up until the 5th gym leader done. Once I work out all the tile errors and glitches up to the 5th gym, I will release another demo.

-My sprite artist, PrismSHN-001, is working on "Hi-Defing" all of the in battle Pokemon Sprites in the game. He has a lot on his load at the moment, so I doubt that he will finish until I finish the whole game. (Remember there are 540 Pokemon total in my game. 493 of the real ones, the rest are Fakemon.)

-Finally, I can say that the soundtrack is complete. There are about 120 different tracks in .mp3 format. I have made more than half of them myself, the rest are remixes that I found on youtube or on other sites. Don't worry, I'll credit them
rolleyes.gif

I plan on having 8 bedges to get into the Kyushu Elite Four Challange. Although, you will need 8 badges from the Kyushu region, Kanto region, and Johto region in order to compete in the Pokemon League tournament. This tournament will be insanely difficult. But, you will have plenty of time ingame to train for it. Getting 24 badges will give you plenty of training.

So, bear with me, I am the only person mapping this out. I am composing the music, scripting, and mapping out the game. So, if you are wondering why it's taking so long, that's the reason. Oh, and I'm in college, so that might slow me down a bit.

If anyone has knowledge of Ruby and wants to help me work out custom scripts or help me with bugs and glitches, please send me a note. I need all the help I can get.

I'll let everyone know when the next patch comes out.

thepsynergist

Years
The filesize is due to all of the music being in mp3 format. I am not apologizing for it. The only reason its in 3 parts, is because I couldn't find a free upload site that could handle a file with more than 100 MB so I had winRAR split it. I expect a new demo will be available fairly soon.

I'm not making any promises, but with any luck, it will be by the end of this month.

Back