• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Developing] Pokemon New Age (Hiatus)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
Pokemon New Age:

Pokemon New Age is a game that I want to stand out as a rather unique game, which brings me to...

The Story:

In a region far away, the Wegane Region was hailed as one of the most technologically advanced places in the world. Pokemon Battling is more complex than it's ever been before, and it's all because of Team Droid. Team Droid used to be a well respected company that not only made Robotic Pokemon, but also discovered a type linked to all Man Made Pokemon, the Artificial Type. However, they have a new purpose for their robots. They want to make them into Super Weapons, and use them to kill all Pokemon, because once there are no real Pokemon, they will have no choice but to buy their robots. One day you and your friends see a TV report on what Team Droid is up to, and you decide to set out to stop them.

The Player:

Male Character: Wyatt

Female Character: Maria

The Rivals:

Dominic:

Dominic is a pessimistic and snarky character. He loves to complain but still has good intentions. He wants to be a great Pokemon trainer someday.

Edith:

Edith is probably the happiest person you'll ever meet on your journey. She's a goofy person and just wants to have fun, but she knows when to be serious. She wants to travel and be friends with as many Pokemon as she can.

Team Droid:

Team Droid Leader ____:

I don't want to reveal too much about the villain. All I'll say is that I think he'll be much more complex than most other villains in Pokemon Games.

Scientist Colress:

Colress from Black 2 and White 2 will return as a key member of Team Droid.

Artificial Type:
The Pokemon with this type are:
- All Robot Pokemon (Which are edited versions of already existing Pokemon)
- Mewtwo (Psychic/Artificial)
- Porygon Line (Artificial/Normal)
- Genesect (Artificial/Bug)

Miscellaneous Features:
- I'm planning on having a item grinder in the game that will convert items into better forms. For example, 5 Poke Balls would be converted into a Great Ball.
- The gyms won't be restricted to a certain type, but a certain theme.
- Choices throughout the game that will effect how other characters treat you
-Dark has a resistance to Psychic instead of an immunity.

Starters:
I think the starters will be...
- Sandile
- Gothita
- Timburr

I'm still happy to change them but I think this is what I'm going with.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Here are some ideas I came up with after reading through your post, hope you like them.

Artificial Type Weaknesses: (1=Normal 2=SuperEffective 0=NotEffective 1/2NotVery
Bug- 1
Normal- 2
Fight- 1
Ghost- 1/2
Electric- 1/2
Flying- 1
Steel- 1/2
Psychic- 2
Poison- 0
Fire- 1
Ice- 1
Ground- 1
Water- 1
Dragon- 1
Rock- 1
Grass- 1
Dark- 1
Artificial- 2

Artificial Type Pokemon are Normal Effective on all Pokemon types.

Possible Starter Ideas:

Synthetic Pokemon (First Stage)

Arturfflil
Type: Artificial
Description: The Artificial Grass Pokemon
Ability: Photosynthetic (The Pokemon absorbs solar energy and heals 1/16 of its total HP when weather is sunny.)

Warmite
Type: Artificial/Steel
Description: The Heater Pokemon
Ability: Flash Fire

Hydite
Type: Artificial/Water
Description: The Water Container Pokemon
Ability: Filter

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
Thanks. I think I've decided on how the type will work. Keep in mind that the Artificial Type is similar to a computer type because all of the Robot Pokemon in the game have it.

Artificial Type Weaknesses:
Artificial- A computer could hack another one.
Psychic- People with brilliant minds make computers? I don't know but to me it fits.
Ghost- In many shows and movies Ghosts can posses electronics.
Poison- It's the closest type to being a virus, so I think it will work.

Artificial Type Immunities:
Electric- Computers use electricity to run so it wouldn't really hurt a computer.

As for starters as much as I love Fakemon I'm not too good at spriting. I'll give it my best shot but it's pretty unlikely i'll have any Fakemon in the game.

Makattack202

Torterra Guy
Years
Pretty good ideas here. Honestly wouldn't mind a bit of screenshots, buuuuuuuuut I can understand if you don't want to show any.

Anyways, since you removed Dark's Psychic immunity, I say you should go for a Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle.
But if you want to do that you may have to balance the stats a bit for who you pick. Either that, or make Fakemon. But I feel you when you say you can't sprite... I can barely sprite at all. At least from scratch. I'm pretty decent at editing sprites, but the moment I have to sprite from scratch the quality drops to a near unrecognizable amount.

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
I do like the idea of this game, and I hear you when you say you can't sprite, neither can I.
I did see you mention that there will be robot pokemon, which are edited versions of the others. If so, are you planning to do all of the first generation as robots? And do you plan to include more then just gen 1?
I'd be happy to help by creating robot versions of pokemon if need be ;)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
I'm not making all 1st Gen Pokemon into robots, at least for now. I'm only doing some of my favorites and Pokemon I think could use it to seem more useful. It's possible I could do all Pokemon but that's a long way from now. Here's a little hint of one. Yanmega will be a Artificial/Dragon Type.

I hope to get some screenshots soon. I believe I need 5 posts to post pictures and links, so I'll get that soon.

Okay. Here is the first Robot Pokemon:

6706314835a5a30c60e81b3428148ca4-d9704jq.png

Pichubot
Artificial/Grass Type
Ability: Chlorophyll

Last edited by a moderator:
Back