• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

Who do you choose?

• Total voters

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I will pick Giratina. But only its Origin forme. Don't know why but its Altered forme seems weird to me and I love seeing Giratina around the Distortion World.

Being Giratina my first one, the second would be Palkia. I have to say I have only played Pokémon Diamond and Platinum, but Palkia has something that I like. And I think I got tired of seeing Dialga everytime I played Diamond so that could be another reason why I like Palkia more than Dialga. And isn't it cool the combination of Water/Dragon type?

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I use Giratina the most. Not that I hate the other two, but this guy is just a balance between the trio.

Not to mention that its Attack and Special Attack are fairly balanced.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Oh, I see that for the moment I'm the only one who voted Palkia...
I'm not really fond of this trio now, but in my first game of Pearl Version, I really liked Palkia. I was more interested in the master of space than in the master of time, and I liked its double-type. Its design is pretty... Strange, of course, but I prefer it than Dialga's or Giratina's.

I completely agree, pearl was my first pokemon game and I absolutely fell in love with palkia. I then got diamond and dialga just wasn't as exciting to go after as it was for palkia.
So I would have to say Palkia, Giratina, then Dialga.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Dialga because of its type and because of Roar of Time. Primal Dialga also looked extremely cool.
MD483PFL.png

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I honestly prefer dialga because ice attacks and dragon attacks only deal normal damaga......... besides it has only one weakness and that is the gorund type

Years
Of the three, I would say that Giratina is my favorite. It has my favorite typing of the three (although I do like Dialga's Steel/Dragon, too). I also love that it has the two formes, one more offensive and the other defensive.

Also, the Distortion World made me like Giratina that much more!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'll be honest, I don't like any of them :p But if I had to choose, I'd go with Dialga just because of it's Steel typing. I think Palkia is somewhat cool but it's design looks rude ;; Giratina I just plain don't like because it's scary and unoriginal - plus it looks more like a Yugioh monster than anything xD And Dialga's somewhat cool with a pretty sleek design and an interesting typing, so he wins my vote n.n

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Even though I haven't used any of the three in my main team I'm going with Dialga here. I think its design outruled the other two easily. A unique typing - Dragon/Steel, seriously that's a great type to introduce!

Being the ruler of time in Pokemon which sounds like a hard job. Yet Dialga manages it so well xD. Although all legendaries are powerful, this one is beastly with it's signature move- Roar of Time.

So for this one, I'm going with Dialga all the way xD.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Palkia for me. I hate Dialga because it always cheats on PMD. Stupid Roar of Time. And Palkia is pink. PINK!!!! I have a problem.

Need I say more?
I'd explain it in the same way, but I'd say Palkia is a purple-pink kind of guy.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I liked Dialga the most because of its design. Although Giratina comes in second with its Origin Form.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I've always hated Giratina. Palkia's awesome though. Cool-looking dinosaur dragon thing with a pink body. STAB Surf doesn't hurt either.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I've despised Palkia's design since day one, so it's a toss-up between Dialga and Giratina (Origin Forme). Think I gotta go with Dialga. Steel/Dragon is a pretty nice typing.

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
Dialga is a bad ass looking pokemon, Palkia is okay looking, And Giratina in origin Forme looks bad ass, But I like Dialga better.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I choose Giritina. The Ghost/dragon typing is pretty awesome and I like how he is he keeps the dimensions in balance. Definately my fav of Arceus's dragon trio(well i liked dialga first but Giritina caught my eye when I found out he existed)

Back