• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I am officially Scared for life... Creepy Espurr is Creepy. everyone knows this.. but to have it star in episode 14 of the X&Y Pokemon series in a stormy Haunted House... Nearly had a heart attack :S

yjxk.jpg

Has anyone else been watching the new X&Y Cartoon series?

I've been watching the Japanese English Subbed Versions and I have to say that it is one of the best Series since Kanto, Orange Islands and 1st 1/2 of Johto. Finally they dumped the retarded cheesyness or bad acting/scripting of the Advanced Generation, Diamond & Pearl, Galactic, & Best Wishes series.. Returned to good animation, less computer CGI, Good Scripting, Good Music, and No moronic quest partners. And Team Rocket have gone back to their roots, no more being side supporting characters, instead back at doing what they do best (try to capture pikachu and the star pokemon) and this time gotten a bit better at what they do with better tech, rather than being clumsy and always instantly being defeated, they nearly succeed everytime.

Especially the music <3 I just love it! it's the exact same music from the X&Y game but redone much better and fitting for TV!

Even tried watching the English Dubbed American versions and even those are great! But I do love the Japanese ones better, especially the Pokemon since they don't say their name in usually retarded voices when attacking like in English :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU22ozFsiIA

Last edited by a moderator:

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
I have really high hopes for this series; it looks like it will be the best since Johto as well. The anime doesn't look so low budgeted, and the effects are pretty awesome. I've only watched up to episode 5, but I'm already in love with it. I find the characters funny and lovable, and the addition of Bonnie as a third member did a good change to the old and linear tradition of Ash partners.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I find the characters funny and lovable, and the addition of Bonnie as a third member did a good change to the old and linear tradition of Ash partners.

Oh Arceus, YES!!!. no more pathetic pokemon connoisseur or annoying Iris... Ash's Partners in this series are great! Clemont the gym leader, Bonnie his sister, and Serena, the female trainer we can choose to be (or our rival if we choose to be male) from the actual game :D! Great choice of Travel Partners and none of them are moronic, or seem useless at battling. all are capable and bring fun and great personalities to the new series :D!

Also I love the battles in this series, it's more "serious" and returned to being like in Orange/Johto.. Unlike where Everytime someone used a move, they don't say if it's effective/super effective or whatever like they were doing from Advanced Generation to Best Wishes.. trying to mimic the messages in the game.. was annoying. Also Ash's Froakie and Fletchling are pretty awesome and useful unlike his starters and pokemon from the past few series who were clumsy, weak, scardy-cats, and annoying! Ash finally seems to be doign better himself too in this series, unlike previous where he would "reset" in skill level in every new series and revert to being a moron and lose every single battle. Now he's able to hold his ground it seems :D!

Last edited:

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Also I love the battles in this series, it's more "serious" and returned to being like in Orange/Johto.. where Everytime someone used a move, they don't say if it's effective/super effective or whatever like they were doing in Advanced Generation to Best Wishes.
Battles are some of the most intense in the franchise. X and Y made two Pokemon you can find on the first route really fast paced and thrilling. And, oh thank god they got rid of Cilan and Iris, I thought Cilan would be the next Brock XD
Although I wasn't that fond of the Advanced series, I really like Max's character. When Bonnie was put in, it reminded me of Max, and the new variety of characters really are a good edition.

EDIT: Evaluation time? I was so happy that I would never hear that again...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hey there! From the looks of things, I don't think you've really checked out the section yet. Lots of people are watching the XY series- we have all sorts of topics about it going, and the Episode Discussion subforum has topics for each individual episodes!

I'm certainly enjoying XY so far- the increased animation budget, making Ash more mature again, the music, etc. It's a little early to compare it to previous seasons, but it definitely looks promising. I mean, I adored BW's cast, but they didn't have much development and I'm hoping for better character arcs this time around. But like I said, a bit early to tell. Especially since Clemont seems to have been resolved already- not sure where they'll go from there. And Serena doesn't even have a vague goal yet- hopefully she'll find something she's passionate about.

May I ask a favour, though? The use of the word "retarded" is actually pretty offensive, and I'd rather it not be used around here. You're using it in the sense of "stupid" or "childish", I know. But the thing is, it's a derogatory term for people with mental disabilities. And using it like that is like using the word "gay" to describe something you think is dumb. It's extremely rude. So would you please edit your posts to use more appropriate words? Thank you.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Another thing I do have to mention.. everytime I hear some of the Town or Battle music from Pokemon X/Y redone better in the anime.. it makes my eyes water... it's so nostalgic-like but epic and amazing at the same time.. The music is beautiful in the new series and happy memories they bring of the game.

Also back to the original post about Espurr D:

BLASPHEMY D:<!!!

Espurr started out being creepy as usual, but turned into a expression-full happy and cute pokemon *mind-blown*

P.S. Delphox looks really awesome in the preview of the next episode!! i can't wait O:!

s6jj.jpg
t5bq.jpg

Last edited:

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Ash Jumping off Prism tower to catch pikachu was such a powerful scene it actually caught an emotion out of me lol

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Ash Jumping off Prism tower to catch pikachu was such a powerful scene it actually caught an emotion out of me lol

When i first saw that episode, i was more thrilled to see Garchomp in the Anime but more so, I was SUPER thrilled to see Blaziken <3

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
I found the whole theme song. not just what they show on the TV show, and it is one of the best pokemon theme songs ive ever heard, even in japanese. i can't stop listening to it! heres the link
http://youtu.be/tW5KmF4NrHs
And i loved it when ash lept off the tower for pikachu, and i actuayll think that when they are in a comedic part of a scene, its acutally really funny. And the newest episode that aired today,when bonnies started rubbing dedenne and pikachus tail, and they got really excited warmed my heart, but to be honest, bonnies voice kinda gets on my nerves, and serenas kinda seems too high. but i still love the series. the best series to me, with the effects, battles, characters, pokemon, and the newest japanese episode of chespin and delphox was pretty freakin awesome.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I found the whole theme song. not just what they show on the TV show, and it is one of the best pokemon theme songs ive ever heard, even in japanese. i can't stop listening to it! heres the link
http://youtu.be/tW5KmF4NrHs

my personal favorite is from the Japanese Johto era: OK! pokemon theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVd2oHP_rW8

it's also awesome watching it with the animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hJ40_IZJWI

So nostalgic, make's my eyes water D;! so emotional :P

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Keep on topic, please. We've got places to talk about all the old series in the Episode Discussion forum, as well as threads for all of the new episodes. I'm letting this slide as a general, XY-spanning discussion topic for now but if it seems to be taking to much away from the other threads then I won't hesitate to close it.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Keep on topic, please. We've got places to talk about all the old series in the Episode Discussion forum, as well as threads for all of the new episodes. I'm letting this slide as a general, XY-spanning discussion topic for now but if it seems to be taking to much away from the other threads then I won't hesitate to close it.

Actually, I am not sure why this thread is even in the spoiler's section, another moderator moved it here, it originally use to be it's own separate thread that I created in the Current Generation Pokémon > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y thread, but then a moderator moved it to here? is it possible for it to be moved into the proper thread?

I mean if you see my original post, it was about the X&Y Anime.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
This is the Pokémon Anime forum. This whole section is filled with people talking about the XY anime. If you took a look around, you would see the Episode Discussion subforum filled with threads about the current series. Almost all the active threads have conversations pertaining to XY in them. Your thread was given a [Spoilers] tag because it was talking about episodes that have not been broadcast in English. It was not merged with anything because it discussed multiple episodes and events. This is why it was retitled to become a general discussion thread.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well, I invite you to do so now. I'm going to close this though, sorry. It doesn't seem to be working out very well as a standalone thread in this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back