• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New desktop screenshot thread

Years
Spoiler:

We went to IHOP one night, and like.. my friend got some lemons lol ):

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Well, currently I'm using my dual-screen configuration on my MacBook, so I have two to upload. As a note, I have a somewhat paltry collection of 70-odd walls circulating every five minutes, so these are just two random ones that came up on both displays. Photobucket also apparently scales the pictures, so they are smaller than they should be.
First one: (external 19" monitor at 1440x990)
Spoiler:

Second one: (laptop display, 13", 1280x800)
Spoiler:

There's nothing on the second one because I don't store anything on a monitor that I can easily disconnect (despite it working the other way around; when I'm in dual-screen mode, I use the external as my primary monitor and the built-in as the secondary, but when I disconnect the external, the laptop monitor goes back to being primary), and I didn't have any active windows at the time there.

And yes, I'm an avid fan of Invader Zim.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Another desktop from my archive. I really like this one, if not for the dark humor behind it. Only the Science Team would feed one, because they have vapor for brains.
Spoiler:

Years
After having the same desktop for, like, near two years at least, I finally changed it!

...to the wallpaper I was using for ages before that. XD;

Years
Another desktop from my archive. I really like this one, if not for the dark humor behind it. Only the Science Team would feed one, because they have vapor for brains.
Spoiler:
What is it? It looks like a Metroid. Your battery was about to die, lol. How do they last on the Macbooks?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
What is it? It looks like a Metroid. Your battery was about to die, lol. How do they last on the Macbooks?

In order:
1) It is a Metroid. If you've played any of the Metroid games and got as far as the first area where they appear, you'll get the joke.
If you don't get it...
Spoiler:

2) Quite the contrary; my battery was 16 minutes away from being completely charged.
3) I can't say for a current-generation MacBook with one of those really big batteries, but my two-year old laptop lasts about 4 hours under normal use (not too good, not too bad). When virtualizing Windows, playing a 3D intensive game or using iTunes's visualizer feature, or using a CPU-intensive program, it drops to two to one-and-a-half hours. My battery has also endured a lot of power cycles, so the overall health isn't fantastic, but most of the time I hook it up to a 19" display and have it become a temporary desktop.

Years
In order:
1) It is a Metroid. If you've played any of the Metroid games and got as far as the first area where they appear, you'll get the joke.
If you don't get it...
Spoiler:

2) Quite the contrary; my battery was 16 minutes away from being completely charged.
3) I can't say for a current-generation MacBook with one of those really big batteries, but my two-year old laptop lasts about 4 hours under normal use (not too good, not too bad). When virtualizing Windows, playing a 3D intensive game or using iTunes's visualizer feature, or using a CPU-intensive program, it drops to two to one-and-a-half hours. My battery has also endured a lot of power cycles, so the overall health isn't fantastic, but most of the time I hook it up to a 19" display and have it become a temporary desktop.
I've basically finished Metroid Fusion, but I'm still not in on the joke =/

Oh right, it's an older Macbook. I meant the Unibody era. Seriously looking at getting one at the end of the year.

Silver

Kyle
Years
I've basically finished Metroid Fusion, but I'm still not in on the joke =/

Oh right, it's an older Macbook. I meant the Unibody era. Seriously looking at getting one at the end of the year.

My brand new unibody MacBook Pro gets ~10hours to a full change before it tells me to plug it in.

Years
Spoiler:

It's from my full sized computer, which is now named the Commodore for obvious reasons. XD (It's name used to be Violet, actually, because the computer is purple. Yes, it was a VERY original name. :P But hey, I was 12 when I named it.) I also have a Commodore 64 screensaver on it. <3 Though it's not as cute as my wallpaper on my other laptop, but since I rarely use this anymore it's not a problem. And yes, I'm still using the picture of Anthony Michael Hall on my other computer. It's too cute to change. XD

Back