• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
Also Advance Script, how can I get that to work?
Use XSE. What is Advance Script anyways? If it's not working, try downloading again. What is the problem?
no, the game req that you have a max of 6 poke's because it is based on an anime, and they are with 6. that is why i want no pokeballs
I still don't understand. If you're going by the anime, Ash has currently about 10 Pokémon in rotation, all of them being sent to Prof. Juniper (the "Box") and every new Pokémon captured can't be used until Ash has only 6 Pokémon left in his Party. So nothing different from the game.
Can anyone tell me how to install Advance Map on Windows 7 so that it actually works?
It should work fine, Windows Vista runs XP programs just fine on my computer. (I've tried it with Lunar Magic so maybe your copy of AMap is bad.)
You know roms are legal if you have bought the game?
Yes, but who really cares? It's Nintendo's and Game Freak's responsibility to crack down on these ROMs, but they haven't so it's their problem if they don't want people to download ROMs. As with the trademark law, if the holder doesn't enforce their holdings, it's not theirs anymore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
It says that the file isn't complete or something. Ok I'll give XSE a shot, but how Fi you edit the beginning part of the game? Where you give your name ect.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hi, I got a problem with Advance Map:

I'm at the beginning of a hack and in Pallet Town, I just want to move the little girl on the left to some place else, but I can't manage to do it. I can move the other fat guy well, but this girl always reappears in front of the sign.

I've also removed all existing scripts, but nothing happened.

Also, when I tried to add a new OW character on the Oak's roof, that character disappears. I figured out maybe that's because the character is IN the building, but i need confirmation.

Thanks.
Have you tried saving before playing?

Also it can't go into a building just by being on the roof. The actual building has nothing to do with the building that you see on the OW. The only way it's connected to the inside is through a special tile event called a Warp.
It says that the file isn't complete or something. Ok I'll give XSE a shot, but how Fi you edit the beginning part of the game? Where you give your name ect.
It's not an OW script, but instead it's more likely another type of script for the Intro specifically. Believe me I've tried.

You can only change the text as of now, but with a little research you can probably find out what the script looks like.

Dancer_A

Rogue
Years
I guess this is the question thread I was searching for...
I have a few, these are related to gen 5 hacking btw

Editing in double battles with the BWTE seems to freeze the game, I'm guessing it has to do with a 'missing' text slot? Is there a way to fix this? Using V1.1.

How to change the items you recieve from events,trainers or from pokeballs? I was guessing hex editing, but that'd require me knowing pointers and offsets, which I do not sadly.

How to change the level of interacting pokemon?

The only moveset editor I've found seems to be pre-edited, and likes to crash and act buggy, is there an alternate way to do so? The program is uh... Pokemon 5th Gen Moveset Editor

How to change gifts(The larvesta egg, the monkeys)? Assuming hex editing again.

That's all I think, thank you in advance.

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't know any absolute answers but I'll help you the best I can.
How to change the items you recieve from events,trainers or from pokeballs? I was guessing hex editing, but that'd require me knowing pointers and offsets, which I do not sadly.
Scripting, with PPRE. Sadly every Gen IV/V game has a slightly (but significantly) different scripting system so you'll have to figure that one out yourself.
The only moveset editor I've found seems to be pre-edited, and likes to crash and act buggy, is there an alternate way to do so? The program is uh... Pokemon 5th Gen Moveset Editor
I believe PPRE supports all NDS games in everything else it does.
How to change gifts(The larvesta egg, the monkeys)? Assuming hex editing again.
Nope, scripting. But pretty close :) However I don't know if they've figured out the scripting yet. So yeah.

Dancer_A

Rogue
Years
Okay, PPRE, what exactly does that stand for? Would I be able to find it here?

And thank you for a quick response even if it doesn't exactly give me all the answers lol

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Have you tried saving before playing?

Also it can't go into a building just by being on the roof. The actual building has nothing to do with the building that you see on the OW. The only way it's connected to the inside is through a special tile event called a Warp.It's not an OW script, but instead it's more likely another type of script for the Intro specifically. Believe me I've tried.

You can only change the text as of now, but with a little research you can probably find out what the script looks like.

Yes because I can move the fat guy without problem, only the girl stays nonchalantly in front of the sign wherever I placed her. Maybe a script interferes with her position, but it would be a script exterior to this map. Any suggestions?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Thank you sir! I didn't know there were other scripts outside of the map.

I can finally start... but tomorrow x_x

FrenziedChaos

Like a hyena.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
I just need a reminder/confirmation. I have an offset that I inserted a routine to, 0xDD1A20, and I need to make that into a pointer to use the routine. This is the part I forget. I know I have to add 1 to my offset. Would the pointer be 08 21 1A DD? Or am I thinking of something different entirely?

droomph

weeb
Years
I just need a reminder/confirmation. I have an offset that I inserted a routine to, 0xDD1A20, and I need to make that into a pointer to use the routine. This is the part I forget. I know I have to add 1 to my offset. Would the pointer be 08 21 1A DD? Or am I thinking of something different entirely?
Close, the pointer would be 21 1A DD 08.

Dancer_A

Rogue
Years
I went and looked up the PPRE, it appears it's only up to generation 4, HG and SS.
So I'm not exactly sure where to go from here.

Also, my double battles question wasn't ever addressed, I'm not sure if it wasn't seen or no one knew the answer to it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
Advance text doesn't work on my windows 7. I know I have to change the scripts, and to do so I usually use advance map. But I can't find it in advance map.

droomph

weeb
Years
Advance text doesn't work on my windows 7. I know I have to change the scripts, and to do so I usually use advance map. But I can't find it in advance map.
*sigh*

You can use PKSV to search text, script, Pokémarts and more. Just search the "Hello! Welcome to the world of POKÉMON!" part and then mark the offset and change it from there.

For a quick temp link just make a msgbox that links to that text and decompile, and PKSV will let you modify that text.

But seriously, just get XP and use A-Text for that.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Why A-Text doesn't work? It works perfectly well for me. Are you sure you got the last version?

By the way I have a short question: when adding items into the map, we have to set a PersonID to make the flag appear. Did this flag must be new or could it be everything? Do i need to keep a table of flags used for all my items in the game? thanks.

Never mind, I just found the solution: if the person (i.e. the pokeball) id is X, then put the value X on the "Person ID" field to make the Pokeball appear until the player pick it up.

It wasn't clear and diego didn't explained that in his tuto, I think it would be a great idea to add it for future questions like these.

Last edited:

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
Hey, I have a serious problem, please, help me.
I've replaced Azurill, Marill and Azumarill with Vanillite, Vannilish and Vanniluxe.
Some guy evolved Vanillite in my hack, and said that it makes glitches.
And it does.
When Vanillite evolves, it's sprite isn't showed. In evolution animation, it just goes like this: *vannilish sprite* *blank* *vannilish sprite* *blank*
Ok, it evolved, cool. This problem could be ignored, but, suddenly!
I've tried looking at its summary, and game freezed. Just black screen.
I have no idea what happens in battle. It's probably a freeze too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back