• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2018
I played this new version and I have to say that you put too many ultra balls, there are a lot of items to chose from and I have a lvl 49 growlithe because I can't find any fire stone, lol. Also many trainers use the same pokemon teams, it gets annoying after a while. There are also some bugs but besides that I love this game.

Grimer

Never too old for this...
Years
I don't mean to be a pain

But I played the 1.1 version three times and every and each time I could not fight the ice type gym leader because of a glitch.
Will this be fixed?
I'm sorry if this was asked before, but there are waaay too many pages in this thread and I can't find it.

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
But I played the 1.1 version three times and every and each time I could not fight the ice type gym leader because of a glitch.
Will this be fixed?
I'm sorry if this was asked before, but there are waaay too many pages in this thread and I can't find it.
Just curious, which glitch? The one where you become stuck in the puzzle? Or you can't get the leader to the Gym?
If it's the stuck one, just save before you enter the Gym, and if you get stuck, restart and try a different route through the ice. You can reach the end if you avoid that one spot.
If the leader's not there, make sure you've talked to her twice in the cave, once at the beginning and again near the end.

Grimer

Years
Just curious, which glitch? The one where you become stuck in the puzzle? Or you can't get the leader to the Gym?
If it's the stuck one, just save before you enter the Gym, and if you get stuck, restart and try a different route through the ice. You can reach the end if you avoid that one spot.
If the leader's not there, make sure you've talked to her twice in the cave, once at the beginning and again near the end.

It's the third option! hehehe
The one she doesn't appear at the cave... In fact, everytime I play, something different happens... Last time, when I returned to the cave I went through the rival (don't remember his name) and had to battle him again...
The time before that, team galactic appeared... The other time the cave as desert...
Man, it's impossible that this happens only with me...

And also, thanks for trying to help! I really like light platinum, specially because I'm from the same country as WesleyFG o/

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
It's the third option! hehehe
The one she doesn't appear at the cave... In fact, everytime I play, something different happens... Last time, when I returned to the cave I went through the rival (don't remember his name) and had to battle him again...
The time before that, team galactic appeared... The other time the cave as desert...
Man, it's impossible that this happens only with me...

And also, thanks for trying to help! I really like light platinum, specially because I'm from the same country as WesleyFG o/
Weird... I've played through the Zhery League in the Portuguese version and didn't have that happen to me. I'm playing again in Snakebyte's beta, and I'll keep a particular eye out for that issue.
If I remember right though, there are like three different events in that cave, plus one that happens after you beat the Zhery League. You do fight Kenta, and Team Steam. Have you headed north out of the City and talked to Solana yet? She may trigger the gym leader's appearance in the cave.

Grimer

Years
Weird... I've played through the Zhery League in the Portuguese version and didn't have that happen to me. I'm playing again in Snakebyte's beta, and I'll keep a particular eye out for that issue.
If I remember right though, there are like three different events in that cave, plus one that happens after you beat the Zhery League. You do fight Kenta, and Team Steam. Have you headed north out of the City and talked to Solana yet? She may trigger the gym leader's appearance in the cave.

I was also playing the portuguese version... I think it's karma.. I deserve this for playing pokemon instead of working...
and looks like I triggered all the events possible in this cave... except the one I really should...
Do you mean talk to solana at the pokecenter or at way up north, at the route?
Would you pm me about this? I don't mean to flood the forum... And thanks again!

Years
I was also playing the portuguese version... I think it's karma.. I deserve this for playing pokemon instead of working...
and looks like I triggered all the events possible in this cave... except the one I really should...
Do you mean talk to solana at the pokecenter or at way up north, at the route?
Would you pm me about this? I don't mean to flood the forum... And thanks again!

could you discuss this via pm?

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
hi guys

guys i have a problem,you see i use my psp as a portable emulator now i have to gba emulators on the psp.1 being UO gpSP kai and the second UO gpSP kai 3.2 test 8.7 and they run most all my roms even the hacked ones but when it comes to pokemon light platinum goes in either one it just shows up a white screen i have no idea what to do,do you guys have any ideas on why it wont work or tips to fix this prob cause i want to play this game badly. by the way i love all the pokemon hacks that are here.

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
guys i have a problem,you see i use my psp as a portable emulator now i have to gba emulators on the psp.1 being UO gpSP kai and the second UO gpSP kai 3.2 test 8.7 and they run most all my roms even the hacked ones but when it comes to pokemon light platinum goes in either one it just shows up a white screen i have no idea what to do,do you guys have any ideas on why it wont work or tips to fix this prob cause i want to play this game badly. by the way i love all the pokemon hacks that are here.

Yes, this problem has been fixed in the English version of Light Platinum.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

I'm using the exact same emulator and I don't have any problems with LP. Try to see if it works in a different emulator. If it doesn't, you probably did something wrong.

Also, alienhunterx, if you've been paying attention around the forum, you'd know the English version isn't finished yet.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
iam talking about the new light version with the better graphics and all not the old one cause the old one worked fine,and where can i get the rom you have so i can try it out as well?

also this is how i place a rom in the gpsp i place the rom into the rom folder all other roms work great but the emulator doesnt even recogonze that PLP is even in there which is odd i mean the old version worked just fine and i was dying to play a better version of that,i mean the intro is much better then the orginal and all and the sprites look real good as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
ok and thanks i will let you know in a few minutes what the vertic is,ok on gpspkai it failed it didnt even register the game was even there and i downloaded it from the first page i got the complete brazlin edition of it which it gave me a choice to download the ips or the gba version i picked gba and placed it in the right folder and it didnt even recgonize it was in there what am i doing wrong?

ok i now did the patch for englishbeta1 to a pokemon ruby rom and even with the pc emulator i get a white screen so iam stumped,does anyone have some imput for me?

iam stumped i tried patching the ips english patch with a clean version of ruby i have tried muti things to get it to work but either a white screen,just up to the intro and freezes or flat out turns off my psp,does anyone have a copy of the game that works and can private message me it iam completely lost

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2018
Wow, I'm at victory road and still no fire stone, the other stones are everywhere though, you really should work on this I have a lvl 55 growlithe and what's up with all the ultra balls? I hope you are going to make it better because this is a great game but it has a lot of bugs, I can tell it's rushed by the grunts that say the same things and have the same pokemons

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
A person in the Whats-it-Called Tower (with the ghost Pokemon) says Pokemon are more likely to receive Pokerus there. Is this true?
pic_0101.jpg

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013

Try This It Helps me run englsih beta 2 of light platinum on my psp..
well....aint working on gpsp....too bad...i got white screen, and on that emulator i cant change to 128k....well i aint going to play it after all

""wow i found which is the problem.....Wesley modified the header of the rom, and the emulator dont recognize it as a ruby rom so it cant determine the save size and it uses the default of 64k....which results in a white screen.

Here is what i did, downloaded this tool GBA-Header tool v1.0

loaded pokemon light platinum already patched on a ruby 1.0 rom, selected COPY HEADER, and copied the header from the original Pokemon Ruby 1.0...

Then Download VBA Then On Option Emulator-Save type-Flash 128k Then Reset the VBA..You Will Able To Play It On VBA and GBSP

I hope it helps those who want it to play it on psp, or maybe on a mobile phone."

Thanx To PTSHADY..hope it help..

Back