• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Based Team

PKMN Santa

Making His List
Years
Hey Guys! This is my UU Team. I am looking for some recommendations to see how I can cover what I have found to be my weakness. Since I don't like using OU PKMN I generally use this team in OU Battles. This isn't my problem. I've done very well holding my own against OU Teams and have beaten quite a few, but what I have found my problem to be are Dragon Dance + Outrage Sweepers. Due to the fact my team is so defensive and I don't necessarily have a designated Sweeper. Therefore, the opponent is usually able to Dragon Dance twice. It takes more than one Ice Punch from my Hariyama to take an Outrage Sweeper, usually. With +2 Attack & +2 Speed there's almost nothing I can do besides hoping my Venusaur can land a Sleep Powder, but that's only if I haven't already slept someone on his / her team. Basically, what I am asking is if anyone has any ideas of what I can do to face this weakness. I'm not looking to drastically change my team. I am looking for new Move Sets / 1 - 2 new PKMN.

Mismagius
Held Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EV: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt

Clefable
Held Item: Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Careful
EV: 252 HP / 44 Defense / 212 Sp. Defense
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Hariyama
Ability: Think Fat
Nature: Impish
EV: 80 HP / 172 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 Speed
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Payback
- Whirlwind

Slowbro
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 HP / 176 Defense / 80 Sp. Defense
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Slack Off
- Psychic

Steelix
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Sassy
EV: 252 HP / 124 Attack / 132 Sp. Defense
- Torment
- Gyro Ball
- Substitute
- Toxic

Venusaur
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Calm
EV: 252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Sp. Defense
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Thanks for everyone's help and advice! ^^

Last edited:

*ADJ*

Mmm I'd say amateur trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2015
Im not sure but you could try its an NU

Hitmonchan @ Choice scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adament
Moveset:
~ Close Combat
~ Mach Punch / Stone Edge
~ Ice Punch
~ ThunderPunch
EvSpread: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe

PKMN Santa

Making His List
Years
Is Hitmochan meant to replace Hariyama? If so I don't like the idea. I use Hariyama for his bulk and his ability to cover Steelix's & Venusaur's weaknesses with Think Fat. Who I can see replacing is Slowbro for a more traditional Sweeper. Or perhaps I should switch one of his Attack Moves for Ice Beam in order to take down Dragon types more easily...? As he is somewhat of a Sp. Sweeper with Calm Mind. +Sp. Attack & +Sp. Defense

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Registeel over Steelix.
Though Steelix will have more Def, Registeel has a bit higher HP, and awesome SpDef.
And it has instant recovery which Steelix lacks, Rest. Registeel has access to Rest, Curse, and Sleep Talk. It can't be KO'ed by and Outrage once it starts Cursing.

PKMN Santa

Making His List
Years
Excellent! It's only a shame because I like Steelix, but I will give Registeel a try. I'm assuming there is such a set on Smogon? If not... EVs, Moves, Nature...?

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Excellent! It's only a shame because I like Steelix, but I will give Registeel a try. I'm assuming there is such a set on Smogon? If not... EVs, Moves, Nature...?

Sometimes, you shouldn't really follow Smogon.
If you want a Registeel wall, I'll go for this set:

252 HP 36 Def 220 SpDef
Curse
Rest
Sleep Talk
Iron Head

This set maximizes HP and SpDef. The bit Def is additional walling-purposes which can be boosted by Curse. Get enough Curses (like 2~4) and Iron Head will definitely hurt those who doesn't resist it. One great partner for Registeel is Arcanine to absorb incoming Fire attacks with Flash Fire, and Spiritomb/Rotom to make Fighting moves useless. Though Spiritomb is just another wall, you can use Rotom instead for more revenge killing with it's above average 91 Base Speed. A Scarfed Rotom with Trick can make dancers/cursers useless.

PKMN Santa

Making His List
Years
Thanks for the advice and set! ^^

However, trying to keep this a UU Team my doesn't my works Hariyama work better than a Arcanine with his Thick Fat Ability? The reason being he covers Venusaur's weaknesses to Fire & Ice with his Ability. In my opinion I think Hariyama is a better fit due to the fact that Arcanine can only cover one weakness oppose to two. As well, my Mismagius works as the Rotom you were talking about, absorbing Fighting Attacks. Also, Slowbro can do the same with his typing and high defense. However, this still leaves me with no designated Sweeper. So, back to what you were saying... Would I be better off replacing Hariyama with Arcanine and equip Arcanine with a Sweeper Set? I'm sorry if I confused you here. I'm kinda contradicting myself. XD

P.S. I just realized Arcanine can cover Venusaur's weakness to Ice because he's a Fire Type. XD Major N00B moment!

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Thanks for the advice and set! ^^

However, trying to keep this a UU Team my doesn't my works Hariyama work better than a Arcanine with his Thick Fat Ability? The reason being he covers Venusaur's weaknesses to Fire & Ice with his Ability. In my opinion I think Hariyama is a better fit due to the fact that Arcanine can only cover one weakness oppose to two. As well, my Mismagius works as the Rotom you were talking about, absorbing Fighting Attacks. Also, Slowbro can do the same with his typing and high defense. However, this still leaves me with no designated Sweeper. So, back to what you were saying... Would I be better off replacing Hariyama with Arcanine and equip Arcanine with a Sweeper Set? I'm sorry if I confused you here. I'm kinda contradicting myself. XD

P.S. I just realized Arcanine can cover Venusaur's weakness to Ice because he's a Fire Type. XD Major N00B moment!

You got that correct. (Except for the Major noob comment pun).
Arcanine does wonders too if used correctly, and again, as opposed to Hariyama, Arcanine has access to Morning Sun which is a recovery ability. Contradicting yourself brings out true potential. Oh, I forgot about your Mismagius. Only that one advantage of Rotom is it's Electric-Typing that can hurt those pesky water types when Venusaur is afraid of an Ice Beam. Slowbro's better off with a Calm Mind set too.

I know team-building is hard. Just give a bit more time for it. I onced trolled around Pokemon Online just to test out 'mons. It's really helpful.

PKMN Santa

Making His List
Years
You got that correct. (Except for the Major noob comment pun).
Arcanine does wonders too if used correctly, and again, as opposed to Hariyama, Arcanine has access to Morning Sun which is a recovery ability. Contradicting yourself brings out true potential. :P

I know team-building is hard. Just give a bit more time for it. I onced trolled around Pokemon Online just to test out 'mons. It's really helpful.

Yeah, it's been a challenge, but thanks for all your help. It's greatly appreciated. =D

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years

Yeah, it's been a challenge, but thanks for all your help. It's greatly appreciated. =D

One way that helped me while battling around was having serebii and smogon opened while battling. Try asking for mock battles around Smogon to test your team and probably know your style.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
replace sludge bomb on venu with hidden power fire if this is going to be used in OU, otherwise steels wall you all day (heatran still does, but are you honestly going to stay in on heatran?) if you are having trouble dealing damage with hariyama, try running an adamant nature.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
replace sludge bomb on venu with hidden power fire if this is going to be used in OU, otherwise steels wall you all day (heatran still does, but are you honestly going to stay in on heatran?) if you are having trouble dealing damage with hariyama, try running an adamant nature.

I guess he could also mix in OU 'mons like Gyarados if he's going to battle in an OU-based tier. For Heatran carrying Hidden Power Grass, Milotic can wall it for a while and give back damage that may OHKO Heatran, yet Specs-boosted Heatran kills Milotic.

PKMN Santa

Making His List
Years
Alright! Taking into consideration the advice given to me this is what I have come up with thus far. Take a look... =)

Mismagius
Held Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EV: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt

Clefable
Ability: Magic Guard