• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Land of the Maple Leaf ~ Canadian Club

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
My great grandfather came here when there was the potato famine in Scotland. I guess that makes me third generation? :\

Years
So Justin Trudeau is about to take on the leadership of the federal Liberal Party. And recent polls show the Conservatives, NDP, and Liberal party polling to be at 31%, 27%, 32%. It's a full two years before elections time, and we've never had one before, but coalition government anyone? I'm very excited to see how the election in 2015 will play out!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
So Justin Trudeau is about to take on the leadership of the federal Liberal Party. And recent polls show the Conservatives, NDP, and Liberal party polling to be at 31%, 27%, 32%. It's a full two years before elections time, and we've never had one before, but coalition government anyone? I'm very excited to see how the election in 2015 will play out!
I'm not overly thrilled that the charismatic substitute drama teacher could become Prime Minister, no.

I was really hoping Mark Carney (our latest Governor of the Bank of Canada) would run for Liberal leadership, and win. And indications were that he would, and then the British came and swept him up before he even ran XD Would have loved to see those debates in 2015. Carney vs. Harper, battle of two economists. Would have voted for him so easily 'cause he aligns much closer to my Red Tory ways than Harper does.

Would have been okay with Marc Garneau too, but he dropped out, or Martha Hall Findlay, but highly unlikely she'll beat the magic that is Justin's last name this week. Don't know if I would have actually voted for them though like I would have Carney, but who knows what'd happen between now and 2015.

Personally, I'm hoping Harper retires come 2015. He'd have been in office nine years by that point, which I think is long enough - good or bad. Hopefully a new leader would keep more to the old Progressive side of the spectrum instead of the restrained Reformer thing that Harper seems to walk. Gah, I dislike this merged party. Honestly, all you people who want an NDP-Liberal merger, you so won't like it if it happens.

Anyway, I like minority governments. Would much prefer that to a coalition of any stripe or combination

Years
What's wrong with the Conservatives? I'm too young to do a before and after comparison. He did unite the right which was basically his job right? As well as radically transforming Canada's international identity. I recently wrote a term paper about how our party dynamics might look in the future!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
I try not to follow politics too much as I find my opinions fall all over the place on the political spectrum, but I'm not sure I'm sold on Justin Trudeau as the next leader of the Liberal Party, either. If his name were anything other than Trudeau, I'm sure he wouldn't have even bothered running for party leadership. He seems to be a good guy with a bright future ahead, but I don't know if I'd want him to be the potential Prime Minister just yet. He's only been in politics for a few years, so I would've wanted to gain a little more experience if I were him.

As for any sort of coalition government taking over, it could be possible if the Conservatives earn a minority government again in 2015, but I've always felt that more gets done with a minority government, rather than bills getting passed that just benefit the views of one party. Again, anything's possible since it very nearly happened in 2008, but I'm guessing the party supportership will swing one way or the other by the time October 2015 rolls around.

Years
No more coats, no more sweaters, just dressing like we're in Hawaii - it's time to say it, Toronto is now officially in springtime!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
JT is now party leader of the Liberals.
All I can sum it up with is "fuddle duddle".

His father was monumental in shaping and defining Canada's identity (both cultural and otherwise) as a nation. But that's looking back. When he became leader, he was still a smart and qualified individual even before having accomplished anything in office. I can't say the same for his son (well on the qualified side anyway. He's probably still nice, smart, charismatic, and such). He wouldn't be where he is now if it weren't for his last name.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
His legacy still has a lot charisma over the population. He might the be the push that the liberals needed to get back on top.

Years
Like I said before, I'm sure Justin Trudeau's a good guy, but he wouldn't be anywhere right now if it weren't for his name recognition. Granted, that alone should get some of the Liberal support back.

Let's just hope that if he ever does come into power, he's more competent than George W. Bush (I fully expect that he is), who also got recognized thanks to his father's terms as President.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
How does he always get dragged into things? It's been five years already. And a different country. This is the Canada club!

Anyway, what's everyone's weather reports today? XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Not that I have any real pull here, but I don't recall the Canadian Club being a political thread before. Don't think we want to go down that road, BlahISuck.

Years
Snow's gone, and the three food items before that are unhealthy. What are your plans for the summer now that exam season is halfway through and the school year is almost done?

Back