• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics & Photography Competitions Q&A/Discussion

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
I know where they are an how to find them. I thought splitting the sotw and iotw was to make archiving easier.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Are SOTW & IOTW starting to die down or have I just picked some bad themes this time around?
But anyway, it'd be nice to see some entries guys =D
I can't enter though, having picked the fail theme and all.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well guys, as you all have noticed both IOTW and SOTW have gone into oblivion. So, I'm just gonna start up the discussion as to whether we should start it up again as it's been quite some time since we've had one. As we're leading into the summer, I'm guessing that we'll have some bored people delving into the area of G&P again.

So Angela passed on SOTW to myself, and the latest thread had no entires after a string of few entrants in SOTW for some time. As for IOTW, I believe that is still Dukey's domain so it's up to him as to whether it starts up again I suppose, though I'd like to see it become an active competition once more.

For SOTW I'm thinking that if we get enough support to start it up again, I'll just make the theme Freestyle to ease it back into activity. So drop your opinions in the quick reply box, it'll be much appreciated.

Remember, winners of the competitions obtain an emblem for their efforts. So no matter how new you are to Graphics & Photography, let me know if you'd like to start up SOTW again and I shall if there's enough feedback :3

knives and pens.

cutting releases endorphins.
Years
I've actually been hoping that, that place would come to life again; summer's here and I'd love to take part, I need to work on PS...
Even though I'm off, I know a majority of people still have like, 3-2 weeks of school remaining. It might take a while to kick it off, but it'll get there, slowly and gradually.

IOTW; is easier to manage.
And since making icons doesn't take as much time as tags and banners, relatively speaking of course. It'll fire up in no time.

As for SOTW; it would need a little more time, but all this section has riding on is the fact that people will return when Summer starts. Godspeed to that since it's pretty valid..

Give the G&P section some time; it'll wake up.
Start the contests again, in a week or two; hopefully, you might get results.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
I honestly think one of the reasons for the decreases in activity around the graphics community is due to the fact that the iotw & sotw aren't active.

I'm only speaking for myself here, although I wouldn't be surprised if many were in the same sort of mindset. But sotw and iotw really sort of inspire me to create stuff, it's a real geat of my ass and make something kinda thing.

I'm happy to start up the iotw again, and like Gav have it as Freestyle to grab it some attention.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I've actually been hoping that, that place would come to life again; summer's here and I'd love to take part, I need to work on PS...
Even though I'm off, I know a majority of people still have like, 3-2 weeks of school remaining. It might take a while to kick it off, but it'll get there, slowly and gradually.

IOTW; is easier to manage.
And since making icons doesn't take as much time as tags and banners, relatively speaking of course. It'll fire up in no time.

As for SOTW; it would need a little more time, but all this section has riding on is the fact that people will return when Summer starts. Godspeed to that since it's pretty valid..

Give the G&P section some time; it'll wake up.
Start the contests again, in a week or two; hopefully, you might get results.

Summer, seems to be the medicine. I think it may just take a week or two for people to start flooding back, but in saying that, we're missing a lot of the regulars. So we're going to have to hope that some people who weren't active in the competitions join in. It'd be nice to see some more people as I think we were just tired of having to face the same people every week. Probably what happened to tag battles too. I might just talk to some of the old regulars and see if they're hoping to see SOTW return. So yeah, a little more time and hopefully we'll get a new found glory for the competitions.

I honestly think one of the reasons for the decreases in activity around the graphics community is due to the fact that the iotw & sotw aren't active.

I'm only speaking for myself here, although I wouldn't be surprised if many were in the same sort of mindset. But sotw and iotw really sort of inspire me to create stuff, it's a real geat of my ass and make something kinda thing.

I'm happy to start up the iotw again, and like Gav have it as Freestyle to grab it some attention.

I whole heartedly agree, this is why I'd like to see them back. When the competitions aren't going, people tend to forget to actually make stuff. For me at least; that's how it is. So I'm in the same boat.

I think we'll give it another week or so but just keep the discussion up otherwise this might just be a fail attempt at a revival XD

So the next SOTW will have the title FREESTYLE ENTER NAAAOOOW.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Wow guys. xD
What happened. xD;;

This place is like, nonexistent, I must have missed a lot. </33

Summer + Restarting Competitions = Awesome plan.
I will try to start joining again as well. [/started getting inactive towards the end. I'm sorry. OTL]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Awesome, good to see you back Loki.
I'll probably start up SOTW mid next week then. Sound good?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
My holidays start in like two weeks on monday, should probably start it earlier than that though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Maybe we should bring back 1 on 1's too? Teams will probably fail since the section is lacking in activity, but 1v1's every now and then couldn't hurt right? We could maybe throw in an emblem for the winner too. Well I don't mind holding off SOTW if we feel no one will enter. Though I know a few people will, or intend to; including myself.
So let's give G&P a little loving once again eh?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
1 on 1's aren't bad, but throwing an emblem in means that a lot of people may just enter and rig it themselves so they get an emblem.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
You could say the same for SOTW though. That's been done before. We'll just make sure it's an open poll and if we feel as if it's been rigged we'll just get a few regulars to take a vote or something?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Thanks Abs. :D Good to be back, though I'm sure I've slipped compared to you guys. Gotta work hard to catch up! /it's been so long since I made a good tag. -sigh-

Hm, I dunno emblems for 1v1 graphics battles feels odd to me. It's... it's a really limited way to earn an emblem, y'know? Like, the SotW is available for everyone to enter, but a 1v1 is restricted... and I mean, of course people could just challenge someone else to a 1v1 if they really wanted it, but I feel like that's just too easy a way to get an emblem. xD

Just my two cents though, and whenever you want to start up the SotW, I say go for it. oxo Perhaps on a Sunday or Saturday would be good- that way you can have a nice schedule to start and stop.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yeah it'd be nice to see you back in action Loki, I see you using an old tag of yours atm /used to stalk your old works XD

As for the 1v1 emblems and such, to be honest I was just thinking of some more ways for people to enter the competition I guess. Maybe if one and ones become popular we'll throw a tourney at some point. Nothing quite as big as PR's tourny's but something different XD That'd be more deserving of an emblem I guess.

I'm thinking the start of the weekend, so I may throw it up tomorrow morning, I'm just sceptical due to people still doing exams and such. Thanks for the suggestions though Loki, and everyone, it's about time we started pulling things together again lol.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
Tournaments were good, though they seemed to die out a bit when people forfeited to me, not trying to be an ass here, just saying people need to man up a bit in tournaments.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Hmm, maybe people should post their entries before they're paired up with their opponant? So the host could randomise it. Though that'd take a lot of trust among the entrants and the host I guess. Just as a way to prevent people from falling out I guess. We could definately start up one when the place gets a little more active. I have a few things up my sleeve any how, but I shall post SOTW now I think.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Hmm, maybe people should post their entries before they're paired up with their opponant? So the host could randomise it. Though that'd take a lot of trust among the entrants and the host I guess. Just as a way to prevent people from falling out I guess.

Dude, I love that idea. oxo Like I can't see anyone here getting butthurt enough over a tournament to not trust the person who's running the tournament- and honestly, if you don't trust that user, then.... <A<;; Don't enter, y'know?

I think at the same time there should be like, divisions too. What was really unfair about past tournaments is that everyone just got lumped together. =3=;; And I guess that was inevitable due to lack of participation, but... it'd be nice to see this time. xD;

And yeah I am using an old tag of mine- I'm too lazy to make a new vocaloid tag. xD; [/disappeared due to UTAU and vocaloid, and still am phasing in and out, so...]

Back