• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
People! Play Sacred Fire and Divine Water!

Its a good one! (not to mention I can't wait for it to start, so hurry up and register, people.)

Sooo....how the rp life going, guys?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Of course everyone comes here for worship Supervegeta day! Only newbs don't know about that! :P

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
*shrugs on the last post*

I see Sacred Fire, Divine Water is making it's place here. I've just joined, & it needs at least one more RPer in Sacred Fire. Is anybody interested?

Thanks Skymin. I actually plan on limiting myself to only 3 RPs, so it doesn't take over my life.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
SHOO! NOBODY NEEDS YOU NOOBS! BACK IN MY DAY WE DIDN'T GET WELCOMED!

Spoiler:

Spoiler alerts^ Major for The Series

I also could do a joint-GM. I'm not sure if thats allowed, but if another person and I were to GM together, we could solve the activeness issue. So if I'm too busy on Monday, he/she can gm for the day, whereas on Wednesday they would be busy, and I can handle that day.

I mean, I'm going to be able to at least post once or twice a day, bar a few saturdays (competition) and about every other friday (home football games). I just would have a few times where I couldn't keep up with being a GM AND posting in rps I'm already a part of. So thats another idea.

I just finished Brisingr yesterday (even though I bought it back in 2008 and finished Eldest and Eragon before that lol) and I was kind of thinking that it would make for a good RP. BUT, the major changes I had were that there would be absolutely NO relation to the Dragon Riders. Instead, it would only feature Algaesia as the setting (since I loved that land, it's quite varied and mystical) and take the powers all the races had, and of course magic would be there. I would have either set it during the war or after it, but make sure that none of the players were dragon riders. Mainly, because becoming a dragon rider in this kind of place would honestly kill a lotta fun than being a normal mortal who would have to fight to stay alive. Maybe keep the riders as NPCs, but that's it.

Oh and also-
Spoiler:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years

I just finished Brisingr yesterday (even though I bought it back in 2008 and finished Eldest and Eragon before that lol) and I was kind of thinking that it would make for a good RP. BUT, the major changes I had were that there would be absolutely NO relation to the Dragon Riders. Instead, it would only feature Algaesia as the setting (since I loved that land, it's quite varied and mystical) and take the powers all the races had, and of course magic would be there. I would have either set it during the war or after it, but make sure that none of the players were dragon riders. Mainly, because becoming a dragon rider in this kind of place would honestly kill a lotta fun than being a normal mortal who would have to fight to stay alive. Maybe keep the riders as NPCs, but that's it.

Oh and also-
Spoiler:

Hmmm...that surlely is interesting. I think we should do normal people and dwarves, magic users and elves, and riders all in the same rp, with the majority being normal people, a few elves or magic users, and one or two riders to serve as leaders. Roran is my favorite character in the series, so playing a human could be as fun as a rider.

But then it looses the "rider training" feel I originally planned. But still, I like your idea too

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
People! Play Sacred Fire and Divine Water!

Its a good one! (not to mention I can't wait for it to start, so hurry up and register, people.)

I see Sacred Fire, Divine Water is making it's place here. I've just joined, & it needs at least one more RPer in Sacred Fire. Is anybody interested?

I'm not in the mood to make an SU right now, but Sacred Fire, Divine Water is a pretty sexy looking RP, and I just noticed I'm running dangerously low on active RPs.

I never thought I'd see the day... When my Roleplay is publicly praised, by more than one person!

That's right, the critics are raving!

Play Sacred Fire and Divine Water!
-Lt. Col. Fantastic

I see Sacred Fire, Divine Water is making it's place here.
-ShinyDiamond

Sacred Fire, Divine Water is a pretty sexy looking RP
-machomuu

Join the hit sensation that's sweeping the Roleplay Nation!

Click the title and see what the people are raving about!!

_____

... I hope everyone knows I was making a joke there... I'm not really that vein or self-involved.

Anyways...

I was thinking of simplifying my RP posts, even more so. Honestly dealing with all of the css/bbcode/html coding with every post is rather exhausting. Maybe a picture of the character(s), a nice title, and some calmly colored text and font. I enjoyed making complex coded RP posts - CLICK HERE TO SEE MY ABNOXIOUSLY COMPLICATED ROLEPLAY POST! - but now after a while I feel like it looks a bit cheesy. What do you guys think?

Also, I'm thinking of redoing my signature. It'll probably be a coded mess still, but I feel like I could do better. Also working on making a personal website, so I'll probably use that for a number of details that my signature could link to.

It may not be relevant, but what do you people think of my Signature too?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I'm a big fan of the Inheritance Cycle, so if an RP is made based on it I'd likely join, though if members couldn't be riders that would lesson my chance of joining. Silver Rogue made an Inheritance RP awhile back that was a great success until they became to busy to handle it. It took place when dragons were still somewhat at odds with elves an humans, but it was still after the riders had been established.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
@Akio-san: Lol, that was actually pretty funny. Not everyday you see spoofs of advertisement like that.

@Fortworth: I'm still deciding if I want to make it all riders, or have it open. But at least a few rider spots would be open. This is all assuming I find someone to co-GM with.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years

Honestly, I don't quite see the appeal in doing that.
I agree with your sentiment towards Alagaesia, and all the races are truly quite interesting, but Alagaesia without Dragon Riders would be, well, like Kanto without Pokémon.

Let's be honest, we don't watch LotR because Middle Earth is cool (even though it is). We don't play Pokémon because the regions are neat and unique in their own way. Alagaesia without Dragon Riders would simply not be the Inheritance Cycle. It would be another D&D adaptation; an egg shell with neither the white nor the yolk.

Personally, I'd set the RP far enough in the future that you can assume that:
  1. All canon characters are dead.
  2. The dragon race (while still rare), is no longer in danger of extinction.
  3. Urghals are accepted members of society (although probably still looked down upon).
  4. Dragon Riders are at their second golden age; they're respected and feared, maybe they even conform an elite group of governors, but they're common enough to be deemed 'normal'.
  5. People have known peace for such a long time, that they've healed enough to start hurting each other again.

This way, everyone can be a Dragon Rider, and anyone (of us RPers) can actually change the world.
Aaaaaand, that's my two cents.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Wow :3 i've missed alot xD well... Anyway, i really can't wait for sacred fire and devine water to start xD oh and SD? you said you would make a limit of three RP's does that mean i have to remove your SU in Youkai Academy?

I'm almost done with reorganizing it so it should be up soon :) but... My laptop and i are having a fight again so it can take awhile ;D we"ll make up soon :3 (maybe ):3)

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Honestly, I don't quite see the appeal in doing that.
I agree with your sentiment towards Alagaesia, and all the races are truly quite interesting, but Alagaesia without Dragon Riders would be, well, like Kanto without Pokémon.

Let's be honest, we don't watch LotR because Middle Earth is cool (even though it is). We don't play Pokémon because the regions are neat and unique in their own way. Alagaesia without Dragon Riders would simply not be the Inheritance Cycle. It would be another D&D adaptation; an egg shell with neither the white nor the yolk.

Personally, I'd set the RP far enough in the future that you can assume that:
  1. All canon characters are dead.
  2. The dragon race (while still rare), is no longer in danger of extinction.
  3. Urghals are accepted members of society (although probably still looked down upon).
  4. Dragon Riders are at their second golden age; they're respected and feared, maybe they even conform an elite group of governors, but they're common enough to be deemed 'normal'.
  5. People have known peace for such a long time, that they've healed enough to start hurting each other again.

This way, everyone can be a Dragon Rider, and anyone (of us RPers) can actually change the world.
Aaaaaand, that's my two cents.

While I agree mostly that Riders are an integral part of the Inheritance Cycle, I don't know but a RP with little or no dragon riders would actually appeal more to me. Mainly because like Lt. my favorite character was also Roran, and that was because of how efficiently he was able to fight without the use of magic or dragons. What made Inheritance Cycle fun was not only dragons, remember. A thing that I really liked about the series was how Eragon didn't really have any proper education when it came to magic, only some time with Oromis. It was fun to see how every fight for him was a struggle and not a cakewalk. What I feel is that if the whole "Dragon Rider learning" concept was added in, it would become like PTA or Youkai Academy, which is basically an academy in a certain setting. What I want to see is something different from the rest, implemented in a different way. Which is why I felt it's not entirely necessary to add Dragon Riders just because it's Inheritance. If I was to add the same races and powers and only remove dragons from the equation and not give it the title of an Inheritance RP, it would be equally as interesting to somebody who hasn't read the series.

And about the Urgals thing, I'm pretty sure they are an accepted part of society by the end when they sign the pact. But I would prefer it if the things are like they were in Brisingr, tensions were always high when dealing with Urgals even though they were allies. To me, it represented racism in Algaesia and made the land seem even more real, because even in the real world not everyone is treated equally.

One solution is add like one or two riders for the players, and pick only those who make very exceptional SUs. Since well Riders are considered equal to the Queen and stuff.

And sorry if this seems confusing I'm just really tired after studying lol

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Yesss, my idea has people interested!

Spoiler:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Yesss, my idea has people interested!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Other than that, it sounds like a good idea. But . . . it sounds like you're giving the two or so rider characters a much larger part in the story, which could be a bit unfair. . . .

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
C'mon people! Join Sacred FireDevine Water!! XD it's a super intresting RP (and i have cookies if ya want? :3)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
advertising a bit too much no?

Spoiler:

Other than that, it sounds like a good idea. But . . . it sounds like you're giving the two or so rider characters a much larger part in the story, which could be a bit unfair. . . .

I agree with this, you'd have to be very careful to make sure that the Dragon Riders aren't overpowered (preferably make the eggs hatch during the whole war) and not involve them a bit too much (to make sure all regular players are a lot more than pawns of the riders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back