• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Humanum Familiares (OOC/SU)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Name: Michael Derek Beleren

History: Michael Derek Beleren was born eighteen years ago in much the same way as everyone else. At that day his parents were happy and counted themselves lucky to have a son after their last catastrophic loss of a child. They lived happily in Tristein for most of their lives; they often took vacations elsewhere, but never moved more than a couple of blocks. Michael's mother and father were accomplished mages, not ones that made history books, but ones that managed to become the best they could. Their two eldest children were on their way to becoming accomplished mages themselves, and by the time Michael was enrolled in Tristein Academy, his eldest sister Paige had long since graduated and his second eldest brother Declan was in his last year of the Academy.

Michael had grown up in the shadow of his siblings, their accomplishments coming before he could even make his own. Being somewhat of a late bloomer, he was always eclipsed by the shadows of his siblings, hardly ever achieving something that they hadn't or quicker than they had. More often than not he would get told to be like his older brother and sister, and to look up to them as they were "perfect examples" for him. After years of trying to be better than them, he gave up and began progressing at his own pace; much to the disappointment of his parents and anger of his teachers.

Upon entering into Tristein Academy, Michael again faced the same shadows that he had sought to elude during his childhood. Teachers looked upon him with disappointment when he did not achieve something his siblings had done long ago. Not that he gave a care; he was fine going along at his own pace. This attitude allowed Michael to barely scrape into the second year; where he was the only one pleased to be in the second year, his family were disappointed with his grades. Michael tried his best, but it started to seem that the harder he tried to be like his siblings, the more of a mess he made. So he gave up trying to do his best and just be….average. At that point, he failed less.

Appearance:
Physical: The thing most people acknowledge when they see Michael is his blonde streaked hair. Naturally a dark blonde bordering on brown, his hair is most often considered "dirty" blonde however the blonde streaks in his hair make it look somewhat lighter. Of course, the streaks aren't natural, so to maintain the colour, he gets his hair streaked about two to three times a year. Soft to the touch naturally, his hair falls slightly over his ears and just obscures his eyebrows while it lightly touches the collar of any collared shirts he wears. Behind a pair of thin framed glasses are the biggest anomaly of Michael; his eyes. Due to a lack of pigmentation in his irises, Michael's eye colour changes constantly. Michaels build is toned and refined, the outlines of his muscles showing, even propping out a bit, but not bulging masses. He has somewhat 'thin' fingers, better used for dealing with electronics or getting into nooks and crannies, but also good for typing on keyboards, but made holding a wand kind of awkward.

Clothing: Michael's wardrobe is not one full of many colourful clothes. Partially due to his slight inability to see the full spectrum of colours, but also due to the fact that black, white and grey are the easiest colours to blend together, his wardrobe consists of many clothes in these shades. As far as shirts go, Michael wears a plain dark grey long-sleeved shirt beneath a buttoned black shirt. Many of his clothes contain no brands, slogans or pictures, since Michael prefers the plain colours which allow him to blend in more. Over top of his grey shirt is an unbuttoned black shirt that has long sleeves as well and a thin hood which he let's sit over top of the black leather jacket he wears often. When it gets cold, Michael will button up his shirt then zip up his leather jacket, but never does he pull up the hood of his shirt - a little quirk he has.

Due to the paleness of his legs when contrasted to the rest of his, Michael prefers to wear pants. On quite formal occasions, he will wear a pair of straight cut jeans, and in casual occasions, his jeans are boot cut. His preference for these two sizes being that he can move his legs more, in case the time for defence was needed, or so he could run away. On a more personal side, he dislikes the comfort and feel of 'tighter' cut jeans. Apart from jeans, he does possess several pairs of black pants as well as black work pants alongside a couple of pairs of cargo pants, however these pare mostly in varying shades of grey. He also has a pair of black parachute pants, something he does not wear often, yet still likes to wear.

As far as shoes go, he wears a pair of black leather work shoes, which he finds annoying and uncomfortable; however they are part of the uniform for his work. When not working, he wears either a dark brown pair or black pair of cross trekkers, all dependant on what he his wearing at the time. To suit the colour scheme, all his socks are white, black or grey.

As far as accessories go, Michael wears a silver analogue watch on his right hand, despite being right handed. A pointed labret piercing points jut from below his lip in the centre; his one and only piercing. Not really an accessory as such, but he does have a tattoo of a combined yin-yang Pisces tattoo on his left shoulder, something that is a reminder of his star sign, but also his believe in the yin-yang ideal.

Personality:
The most dominant feature of Michael's personality is his lack of self-motivation and inability to care about what he is doing. Due to being almost constantly eclipsed by his older siblings and pushed to achieve things at the same pace they did, and failing in doing so, he has given up trying to keep up with and beat them, now preferring to work and grow at his own pace. If a challenge is too difficult, Michael will not hesitate to give up or run away; seeing it as beyond his ability. Michael likes best to "go with then flow", instead of fighting against the current, he will let it take him places in his own and its own time, and there is no rush. He would prefer to take his time and work on something than rush headlong into it; thinking things through before acting. He prefers to stand back and analyse then get close up and fight.

Somewhat socially awkward, he has very few friends, mainly due to his ability to freely speak his mind without hesitation and worry for the others person's feelings. If he does not like someone, then he will state it; something most people are not use to and find spiteful. In all honesty, Michael prefers to be honest and speak his mind, as to him it means that he does not have to keep up lies. It is easier to make enemies than friends; and Michael cares not for how many friends or enemies he has, he just wants to get through life.

Another ability of Michael's seems to be his ability to disregard the opinions of others, especially when they concern him. This makes it hard for bullies to get to him, and for people to insult him which turns many people away from him. Rather than confronting him face on, they will talk behind their backs and glare at him from afar. However, this doesn't mean that he doesn't get bullied. His inability to care means that many students like to play pranks on him. His older brother has on more than one occasion tried to step in, but after so many attempts, he gave up, letting Michael work it on his own; how Michael liked it from the beginning.

Most people would describe Michael as Apathetic, but it is not like he doesn't care, he still has emotions, it's that he tries not to let the emotions gain control of him and also he disregards what they say and do. The reason he does this is that when Michael gets overcome by his emotions, he loses control, and usually destruction ensues. By being calm, collected and going with the flow, he prevents the destruction from happening.

Michael does have a caring and soft side to him. When he wants to be, Michael can care greatly for things, most of the time his family's familiars and pets; this caring even extends to the point where he would be protective of it, throwing himself in harm's way to protect it. Anything that he has a close connection to, he will protect and try to keep out of the way of harm, but this is not to the point where he is overbearing. If something freely puts itself in harm's way, of its own free will, he will refrain from trying to save it.

Magic School: Water

Time Spent RPing: Depends, mostly when I can, so Medium, but I do have major Assignments and Assements for University and a Job that prevent me from RPing, but I also have free time to RP.

Partner: Skymin

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
YEAH!!!! FINALLY!!! I CAN POST!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Let's get to it, Ichiro!!! <: <: <:

Years
Gentlemen, I swear I am trying. Suffice to say I have more than one problem and less than one solution. I will post again when I can.

Drag, if you read this, can you think of a way to get us with the rest of the group? Otherwise we're back at the school in our own side story. Unless you want that. I hate to assume.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Darn it... are we gonna be the only ones to be behind?!

Although, I hope it doesn't matter that much? That me and Lydia aren't able to reach the group in time? I guess we can try though...

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
@ Rusty

Don't worry if you can't manage it, just know that we're going to be on this journey for some time.

@CyBeastMaster

Yes there is still room, but all the male mage spots are filled. So you can't be a male mage just in case you wanted to be.

Edit:

Adriels past is really becoming aparent, with her elven heritage and familiar powers (and her name :3) Im sure most of you have at least guessed her true identity :P

Last edited:

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
@CyBeastMaster

Yes there is still room, but all the male mage spots are filled. So you can't be a male mage just in case you wanted to be.

Bahahaha.... Guess I'll spread the news to Raikiri to play as a female mage (or me)! 8D (Since we both are planning to be partners in crime action.) Ehehehehehehe. I'll start signing up after my talk with Raikiri.

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Yay! That means the slots are pretty much filled up :D Ty everyone for signing up, I had no idea this would be this popular.

@CyBeastSaber

(soz for messing up your username :P) I'll put you and Raikiri on the reserves list and you can both start as soon as your SUs are up on here :)

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Hahaha... It made me laugh. xDDD I am the Master! O:

SU WIP: Completed!
Mage:

Name: Primeria Sage
History:
Primeria Sage was born the child of two commoners. She had inherited her mother's anemic disorder and had to grow up with an overprotected childhood. As she grew up, Primeria was kept inside her home and wasn't allowed outside for fear of injuries, be it minor or severe, which could threaten her life. As she lived most of her childhood in her home, Primeria began to read the vast amounts of books that were kept on the wooden shelves around the house and the underground basement, which she had found out of curiosity when she decided to roam around her home. Down in the basement, there were many old books and some contained information on old ancient magic that would need the assistance of someone who could decipher it. Regardless, the books contained images and pictures of mystical creatures, and that was what interested Primeria as well as magic. This was the start of her interest in magic.

In her adolescence, Primeria no longer cared for what happened outside of her home and devoted her time to reading and the learning of magic with familiars highly on her mind. She read all the books in the basement of her home, or rather the ones she was able to read, and her parents discovered her great interest in magic. Primeria was confronted by her parents and learned that her mother was a descendant of an old line of noble mages who were slowly fading with time. Primeria was asked and promised to her parents to keep their lineage a secret, and her parents began to seek help for enrolling her at Tristein Academy in the later years to come.

With the coming of the year she turned 14, Primeria was finally enrolled into the academy and the start of her first year in the school of magic brought her much joy as well as sorrow. She was to live at the dorms due to her anemic condition and she would rarely see her parents until she recovers from her disorder from the treatments that were in already in plan for her. Remembering the long goodbyes to her parents, Primeria focused her attention to the learning of magic. Little did she know, Primeria wasn't going to be in class as much due to the constant need of treatments to rid her of her anemia, resulting in less knowledge from her classes in regards to magic utilization, chants, and other basics. She was able to graduate the year with a minimal score on her tests. As the start of a new year closed in, Primeria was still due for more treatments, however, the anticipation of her familiar summoning erased the thoughts of the pains that would soon overcome her once more.

She wasn't able to attend the summoning ceremony that all the second years were to attend for their familiars due to her needing treatment so a different time for her was scheduled.

Personality:
Primeria is a quiet girl who is always reading books because of her sheltered life up to her enrollment into Tristein Academy. She has been known to be extremely engrossed in her reading and not much can take her attention from it. She has no experience when it comes to social confrontations making her feel uneasy whenever she has such encounters. Many of her peers, although many rarely know her, find her different and introverted based on her life-style they see her live, and though all of it is questionable and she hasn't been publicly ridiculed yet, Primeria is secretly distracted by the rumors as she tries hard to block them off from her mind.

Primeria is prone to fainting and other conditions due to her anemia, but the recent treatments from Tristein Academy's mages has allowed her to endure more than she used to but her main concerns is still fainting and shortness of breath. When it comes to active lessons, she pushes herself to stay conscious to learn as much as she can because most of the time, she passes out before the lessons are over due to her overexerting herself to stay focused. Primeria may excel in book work but what she truly wants is to be able to actively cast magic without her health getting the best of her.

Primeria does have a cute side that is her infatuation of mystical creatures from the many books she has read. When she talks about the creatures, she can trail off over her own explanations of the creatures and even become childish. She is highly anticipating her summoning of such a creature for her partner, but little does she know, her life will be changed... quite possibly forever. And it most certainly won't be a mystical creature she has been hoping for.

Magic school: None; she has taken an interest in learning all 4 elements at the same time, thus she has very little skill of utilizing each element and knowing only the very basics (if not barely the basics you could say) of the four elements.

Appearence:
Primeria stands at a height of 134.6 centimeters, which is roughly 4 feet and 5 inches tall, and weighs around 116 pounds. Her small framed body succumbs easily to her anemia but it is slowly adjusting to magical treatment. Her small face forms an almond shape and her pink skin tone brings out a childlike feature when looking at her face. Primeria's lavender hair falls down to her buttocks and her bangs split apart from the middle of her forehead. Her hair has been known to sport different styles, however, two styles are the most apparent between a single ribboned ponytail or ribbon tied bundle near the end of her hair tips. Primeria has a pair of uniquely colored pair of round shaped eyes. She has complete Heterochromia in which one eye is a violet hue while the other is a crystal blue hue.

Apart from her school robes, Primeria wears an ankle length, dark blue, one piece dress with a white waist ribbon and a pair of violet shoes. When she sleeps, she wears a light blue nightcap with a light blue night gown. She doesn't wear much accessories because they would get in the way of her treatment sessions so she keeps all her things in her room. She can most certainly be seen with a magical codex of some kind for some light reading and/or studying purposes.

Amount of time spent RPing: My range can go from High to Low but I will alert you if I hit the minimal point, however, I have classes right now so I have lots of time on my hands at school.

Partner: Raikiri's character when he puts it up.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Alrighty. Here it is. Hope its good.

Name: Cody Willingham
History: Born to an American couple that married young, had a child young and was sent to marriage counseling young, Cody never had a stable home if he even dared to call it that. A direct result was the second Cody began to attend school, he was sure to spend as much time there as possible as to a void witnessing his parents argue or even fight about juvenile things. Cody became rather studious, performing well in his classes despite carrying nonchalant attitude towards school. His parents never gave him any support or assistance in his studies, forcing Cody to become independent and a self-motivator, a daunting task for a child but he preserved, a testament to his willpower.

As he grew older and his parents more irresponsible and uncaring (especially following their eventual divorce), Cody became wrapped up in what many would consider the "wrong" crowds in his quest for some sort of companionship. Instead of his extracurricular activities being centered around playing sports, Cody became wrapped up in his local street gang. Such a fate would likely be unavoidable when growing up in the slums of New York City and especially to a loner like Cody.

Throughout high school, Cody had gradually cared less for his studies and became more immersed in being a delinquent. Well he never failed a class and continued to perform well, it was more because of his natural affinity for academics and less because of his work ethnic. At this point, Cody rarely returned home practically forgetting he ever had "parents" and convinced himself he was a test tube baby or adopted or some ridiculous story just to laugh at his regrettable past. The gang life treated Cody well, however. Or…as well as it could. Committing basic crimes was commonplace. Vandalism, assault and battery, larceny, and perhaps stirring up a small riot was all part of the plan. As to be expected, Cody was involved in several of these endeavors, building up quite the resume, never being caught a single time. Perhaps it was charm, karma or good luck that kept him out of trouble. It was his ability to avoid trouble and be in the right place at the right time that earned him his stripes and several "promotions". It seemed for a time that life was good. Dangerous, but good.

All good things must come to an end, and in due time it did. A few weeks following his successful graduation and 18th birthday (which fell on the same day), Cody was arrested, tried, and convicted of several misdemeanors, including damage to public property, larceny, assault and battery, and public indecency. Sentenced to a few years in jail, Cody was sent off to Upstate New York, separate from his gang of cronies.

Cody never quite made it there. In fact, mid transport he disappeared. He would describe the experience as nothing else he had ever witnessed. As he was being brought to his bus to travel to Upstate New York, handcuffed and all, a green "portal" if you will appeared before him. Seemingly, no one else noticed. Not the old ladies grocery shopping, the old homeless man screaming about a quarter he found on the ground, or the children staring at him as he walks past their school. A jeering glance mocks him openly. He responds with a chuckle and an indecent gesture. Cody made the effort to walk over it, despite being handcuffed, and fell into the light.

The rest…well, you shall see soon enough.

Personality: To call Cody a stereotypical delinquent or criminal would not do justice Cody's rather powerful personality. In the simplest of terms, Cody is a free spirit who values his own free will and independence above all else. He is willing to do virtually anything to protect it. Cody can be rebellious and is insubordinate as a result, taking orders very poorly. This is not to say that Cody is a complete troublemaker and is out to spread anarchy, but more that seeks to live his life on his own terms. That being said, Cody is rather carefree and relaxed in his life's approach. Going with the flow of life, Cody takes life as it comes without regrets and without much introspection. He is a believer in fate, believing that life is planned out for us and never questioning what happens to him. He is adaptable and easily adjusts to given scenarios, almost as if he is a step ahead of everyone else.

Cody is rarely a downer doing his best to remain quite optimistic despite not living the best of lives. That being said, Cody has his moments of apathy and can be bitter at times. This is never a mystery as Cody is rather outspoken and assertive, making his feelings known to all. He stands up for himself and never backs down for a fight, bordering on violent. Cody keeps a rather cool head however, never taking life seriously enough to lose control completely. There is rarely a moment in which Cody does not seem relaxed, causing some to consider him lazy. Cody loves a good joke and has a great sense of humor, often pranking people whenever possible.

Cody is surprisingly literate and intelligent for a young man who runs with gangs. An avid reader and a solid performer in school, Cody is well versed in many academic studies. As such, Cody is actually quite clever despite his outward appearance of a rude fool. Cody considers himself silver tongued, able to charm nearly everyone with his tone and words.

Cody is not one without quirks and he carries quite his share. Most obvious is Cody's love for story telling and exaggeration. There are few things that make him grin more than telling horribly exaggerated tales of his life, causing him to appear larger than life in their heads. Cody typically targets the naive or children as pranking them is not only easier but more satisfying. Cody also has an affection for the cute and innocent, loving pets and small children. Especially cats. Cody loves cats. More shockingly is that Cody can care for them quite well, calming babies better than most mothers. Cody is also a ladies man, frequently trying to pick up women.

Appearance: The most striking element of Cody's appearance without any doubt would be his outfit: an orange jumpsuit. Common for the everyday prisoner, Cody has been forced to wear this fashion crime. The suit is a loose suit giving him good range of motion and appears quite comfortable all things considered. Branded on the back are the words: New York City D.O.C. These words are written again on the front on the left side of Cody's chest. On the right side, is a white patch stitched on with the symbols: MP 124990. Cody sports a white undershirt, preventing indecent exposure. Fortunately, Cody was able to choose his footwear which are nothing more than black sneakers. They are clearly worn in and appear to reaching the end of their days, the sole begging for a clean burial. Also worth of note are the black metal handcuffs, keeping his hands in close proximity of each other in front of him.

Cody is a rather tall man, standing in the vicinity of 6 feet all. He has an athletic build, with a strong lower body and toned upper body. While he hasn't weighed himself at any time in his life, his rap-sheet claims he weighs 172 pounds. Cody has long arms and legs, but a small torso, giving his body odd proportions. A bright blonde mop of unkempt hair has perched itself on top of Cody's head, with strands obstructing his vision and covering his ears. Cody's face has specks of dirt and has several cuts and bruises ruining what would be a beautiful face to any potential victim of his impeccable charm. A rather lack of facial hair removes years from his face, giving him a more youthful quality. Most notably is Cody's heterochromia, giving him two differing eye colors (I did NOT plan this. I did it first!). His left eye is green while his right eye is blue.

Familiar Ability: Psychicae Nectunt

Amount of time spent RPing: Average. I would say I am more active on weekends,
since I don't have school then.

Partner: CyBeastSaber

Last edited:
Back