• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a Pokemon (Reborn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
Okay, since it looks quite good now, I decided to add some colour. The colours I chose reflect what I think each part would be. Change whatever. someone must add some shading. Also, some colours might need to be changed. And there are probably some things people can do to body shape et cetera. I also added a pallete of the colours I used. I hope I did it right
View attachment 66257

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Okay, since it looks quite good now, I decided to add some colour. The colours I chose reflect what I think each part would be. Change whatever. someone must add some shading. Also, some colours might need to be changed. And there are probably some things people can do to body shape et cetera. I also added a pallete of the colours I used. I hope I did it right
View attachment 66257

I tried to stick to your original colour scheme as much as possible, and I only changing the hues of colours really. :) Anyway, here's some shading. Feel free to change it if you find any of it wrong. I guess it's the outline next then, unless anyone wants to edit anything. :)
2s0em4z.png

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
asdfasdo.png

Simplified some of the shading and did some face detail alterations.
I am not sure if the arms are really working, haha.
Kudos if you can shade them or alter them to be more cohesive.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Would be great to not alterate too much the work other made on it.

Well, there is also an obligation for some of the previous work to be altered in order to produce a cleaner sprite. For instance, in my alteration, the nose was removed since it cluttered the face too much. The reason being, there was a large mouth, eyes, and jeweled pendant positioned on a small canvas of the face. Rather than add something to the face, sometimes to improve the sprite their needs to be deductions of details or simplification of concepts and color. So, although it would be nice to add-on to, rather than alter, sometimes, especially once the sprite has progressed to a certain stage, there needs to be simplification of the many great concepts so that they can be cohesive.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Well, there is also an obligation for some of the previous work to be altered in order to produce a cleaner sprite. For instance, in my alteration, the nose was removed since it cluttered the face too much. The reason being, there was a large mouth, eyes, and jeweled pendant positioned on a small canvas of the face. Rather than add something to the face, sometimes to improve the sprite their needs to be deductions of details or simplification of concepts and color. So, although it would be nice to add-on to, rather than alter, sometimes, especially once the sprite has progressed to a certain stage, there needs to be simplification of the many great concepts so that they can be cohesive.

I think what they kinda meant was that for some parts like the balls, the shading was removed altogether. :x I don't really take it personally though- at the end of the day, it's just a game. xD I do agree that some of the modifications you did make, like the face for instance, were good. :)

On another note, I added to the latest sprite. Is it a head? Is it a body? Is it something else? It's up to you. :P
ezo9w7.png

Last edited:
Years
Actually, the last sprite was not complete at all..
asdfasdo.png

Continue with this, and then once this is finished get back to the other.

This one lacks proper selective-outlining, more shading on the pearls (or whatever those things are) and the legs.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Actually, the last sprite was not complete at all..
asdfasdo.png

Continue with this, and then once this is finished get back to the other.

This one lacks proper selective-outlining, more shading on the pearls (or whatever those things are) and the legs.

Problem is no one was modifying it for a while, and you had shading before but it got removed in the last modification.

thingjx.png

Little modification.

yaminokaabii

^ It means Kirby of Darkness.
Years
Hoping these changes aren't too radical here -
1zg95lk.png

- Moved the left arm (our left) so it looked like it was actually attached to the body
- Moved the pink pearls and head so it didn't look like the 'mon was tilting waaay over to the right (our right)
- Attempted to make the head look like it was actually connected to the body (tiny speck of green neck)
- Moved cape over to our left as well
- Copied Retribution's shading onto arms
- Smoothed out legs and body to look somewhat more natural
- Slight shading/anti-aliasing edits all around and other minor tweaks

Needs:
- Better shading. Seriously.

Drimza

Open up your senses.
Years
Image1-1.png

So I just did some quick touch-ups to the shading and some of the outlines, and I think this image is done now. Also thanks to Logiedan for stating that the other image wasn't done so we could continue with it. Please don't consider an image done even if it hasn't been worked on in a long time. Since this project is done, we will continue with the shuriken image that was being worked on.

thingjx.png

Let's not let this thread die! :)

Drimza

Open up your senses.
Years
shuriken.png

Fixed the shuriken so it looks more natural and not so flat. I also fixed the outline of the arm, and added more length to the rope thing.

yaminokaabii

^ It means Kirby of Darkness.
Years
vmzxcm.png

Finished the outline of the body and added the second arm. But that hand. It gave me so much difficulty >_< Also, made a few tweaks to rope and other hand, and flipped it because all Pokemon front sprites face left :P

Years
Added a mark at the belly, a nostril and some things at the top. What are they?
eqa4nd.png

EDIT: Wow. Ninja'd.
29vhrg6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back