• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Surprisingly, everything seemed to be right.
Though I managed to fix everything by completely scrapping the maps and scripts, and redoing then redoing them from scratch.

However, now I'm having another problem.
I made a warp on the stairs to take the player downstairs.
But instead of walking off the mat onto the stairs and then being warped downstairs, you can only get downstairs by walking off the mat in the other direction. o:

Also, is there any way to define the player's starting point? Because he keeps appearing on a table. :/

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
OK, i have no idea whats going on. I've been having a problem where, when the starter goes to evolve (They're the johto starters, and im using a firered rom), and the game crashes. Not just like the screen where it evolves, and it says ? and not evolved, the rom image crashes. I don't know why this happens...I gave the player the national dex, same issue. I'm using JPANs engine, if that means anything. Maybe i made the script for national dex wrong...its just:

#org 0x80624A
special 0x16F
release
end

So whats wrong? Please help me fix it!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Surprisingly, everything seemed to be right.
Though I managed to fix everything by completely scrapping the maps and scripts, and redoing then redoing them from scratch.

However, now I'm having another problem.
I made a warp on the stairs to take the player downstairs.
But instead of walking off the mat onto the stairs and then being warped downstairs, you can only get downstairs by walking off the mat in the other direction. o:

Also, is there any way to define the player's starting point? Because he keeps appearing on a table. :/

You can change that through Advance Map's block editor. Have a look at other examples of stairs going up, down, left and right in the ROM and change the behaviour byte. The four possibilities of combinations for going up/down and left/right are easily found in Silph Co and made by changing the tile's behaviour byte to 6C (Up-Right), 6D (Up-Left), 6E (Down-Right) or 6F (Down-Left).

HackMew has made Start Map Chooser Advance which allows you to choose which map you initially start on, along with your co-ordinates (Only the X-axis on FR/LG though).

OK, i have no idea whats going on. I've been having a problem where, when the starter goes to evolve (They're the johto starters, and im using a firered rom), and the game crashes. Not just like the screen where it evolves, and it says ? and not evolved, the rom image crashes. I don't know why this happens...I gave the player the national dex, same issue. I'm using JPANs engine, if that means anything. Maybe i made the script for national dex wrong...its just:

#org 0x80624A
special 0x16F
release
end

So whats wrong? Please help me fix it!

You should be able to tell if you've got the National Dex by looking at the Pokedex from your in-game menu. The special used to activate the National Dex shouldn't harm your game so the the crashing must be from something else in the ROM, perhaps you have inadvertently overwritten important parts of the evolution code. Try evolving other non-National Dex Pokemon and see if the game is still crashing (which is I suspect it will). If this is the case then you may have to start again on a fresh ROM.

Is there any way to edit door animations or extract emeralds and import it into firered?

Zodiac Da Great has released a Door Editor which works on all third generation games and allows for exporting and importing so you could export the door animations from Emerald if you wanted to. I've never really used it before so I don't know any specifics.

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Do NPC trainers have IV/EV values set on their pokemon? As I understand it, NPC trainers in Gen III do not have these set onto their team members, but what about Gen IV and Gen V? I know Cynthia has a perfect IV'd team, but what about the regular trainers?

And if the IV's aren't set for the trainers, what do they do for them? Have a randomized set generate? Are all set to a number for all trainers? Are gradually scaled up from 0 to 31's?

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Would anyone know how to insert seperate battle backgrounds
because the trainer backround outside in pokemon fr
is the same battle background as inside.
Oh and a battle background tutorial i forgot how to insert them
cause i got this info like 6 months ago

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Hi everybody :) How do i change the six pokemon my rival uses in the final battle @ pokemon blue/red? There's a tool available to edit gym leaders/elite four,but nothing about editing your rival..

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2012
Hey all! this is my first post here but here goes. I have recently downloaded and started using Advance map, pksvui, and PET. I have created another Gym in Oldale Town giving all the trainers inside the same sprite (Black belt). then i edited what was said using Pksvui and then edited the pokemon used by and the name of the oposing trainer using PET. the problem is that for som reason every other trainer in the Gym has the same script, name, AND pokemon i cant find them in pet to edit the name and pokemon Either (which would at lest be an improvement). can anyone help me with this please? i cant find an answer for this ANYWHERE.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Okay so I was thinking of making a hack based on being in a test facility/facility in general and having to work with specific pokemon to defeat objectives.
basically I'm looking at scrapping the badge system and having all badges already earnt, as well as the repeated giving and taking of pokemon from the player (the player gets new choices every time.
The idea is to escape the test facility while solving various puzzles and also battling various 'gamesmasters' which take the metaphoric role of gym leaders, while in the main not really having much impact other than that of a minor boss.
The hack will not be a full pokemon game, rather a spinoff game aimed to challenge the mind and help people to use pokemon not really tried before.

Just wondering what kind of work would be required here? This will mainly as I say be based on the puzzles and navigation of a large building rather than the collecting of pokemon and the storyline.
Thanks! (PS: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.)

Anyone? Sorry I'm just looking for an idea of what I'd need to know in order to make this accomplishable.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
You should be able to tell if you've got the National Dex by looking at the Pokedex from your in-game menu. The special used to activate the National Dex shouldn't harm your game so the the crashing must be from something else in the ROM, perhaps you have inadvertently overwritten important parts of the evolution code. Try evolving other non-National Dex Pokemon and see if the game is still crashing (which is I suspect it will). If this is the case then you may have to start again on a fresh ROM.

Are you sure there is no way to restore it? Like, going into a clean rom to the evolution offset and rewriting it? If theres a way to, or if anyone could do it for me, PM me, it'd be appreciated, because I've put in alot of work in this hack, and I don't think i could muster up the effort to remap, retile, and recode everything.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2019
How do I completely remove Oak's intro at the beginning of FireRed? I just want a prompt for player name at the beginning, without a prompt for the rival's name.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Hey I'm hacking Pokemon Gold and I have question:

-How do you can change attacks that pokemon learns by level?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Are you sure there is no way to restore it? Like, going into a clean rom to the evolution offset and rewriting it? If theres a way to, or if anyone could do it for me, PM me, it'd be appreciated, because I've put in alot of work in this hack, and I don't think i could muster up the effort to remap, retile, and recode everything.
Theoretically, you could use a hex editor to copy the original data over the corrupted data in your ROM. However, that could break some of the changes you've made.

If I'm understanding DrFuji's description properly, your problem is that the evolution code in your ROM has been overwritten... But what overwrote it? Whatever was written to that code's location will be destroyed when you restore that code.

...If you are in fact having the problem that DrFuji described, of course. Have you tested evolutions in the manner they described at the end of their post, to verify that this is your issue?

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
You can change that through Advance Map's block editor. Have a look at other examples of stairs going up, down, left and right in the ROM and change the behaviour byte. The four possibilities of combinations for going up/down and left/right are easily found in Silph Co and made by changing the tile's behaviour byte to 6C (Up-Right), 6D (Up-Left), 6E (Down-Right) or 6F (Down-Left).

HackMew has made Start Map Chooser Advance which allows you to choose which map you initially start on, along with your co-ordinates (Only the X-axis on FR/LG though).

Thanks for the info, but it IS set at 6F and it still makes me walk UP invisible stairs in the wrong direction O:

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Programs not working

1. I downloaded the program Overworld Changer but when I click run nothing happens. How do I fix this?

2. I have programs like Poketronic, A-Mart, Firestarter, and PokemonAmplifier that when I hit run an error appears saying "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies are not correctly register:a file is missing or invalid". How do I fix this?

*3. If these are unfix-able are there any other programs that can do the exact same thing.

Thanks

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
1. Did you try running as admin?

2. You're in luck; I just fixed this problem (:
Download the corresponding .OCX files and paste them into the respective programs INI folders. Then try ;)

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
well, actually, I have two questions about a pokemon White ROM hack:
.How do I change pokemon sprites in and out of battle? I want to recolor some pokes for myself
.How do I change battle music? I saw a hack on youtube and it had the RSE champion music.

Thx beforehand for answering :)

fengshen

fengshen113
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Hello, I am trying to hack a Red rom.
I want to add some new trainers into the rom, such as Jesse & James.
What should I do?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Hello, I am trying to hack a Red rom.
I want to add some new trainers into the rom, such as Jesse & James.
What should I do?
You'd need a program to edit the trainer data -- the Pokemon and items that the trainers have in battles. I'm not sure if you can create trainers, but you can always replace some of the default ones with new ones. I haven't used one of these kinds of programs in a while, but from what I recall, they're not too difficult to work with.

After editing the trainer data, you'd need to use AdvanceMap and probably XSE to add the new trainers onto maps, and remove the ones whose data you replaced. That's no small task, either -- not too difficult, but if you're just starting out, then jumping right into that isn't the best idea. (Scripting can be tricky, and mapping has its tricky bits, too -- particularly where Events are concerned, and Events are what you'd need to modify.)

That'd be the absolute bare minimum, off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back