• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best G/S/C Moment!

Years
Crystal was my first Pokemon game, and thus the whole thing will remain very dear to me. But I guess my favorite story to tell about that game is about how at the beginning, when you run into your rival, you battle before you name him, and in the first battle it says his name as "???"

Obviously this is an odd name, but when the police officer asked for his name, I dutifully put down "???" because I hadn't saved recently when I talked to him, and I was scared that if I lied to the policeman (somehow thinking his name to actually be ???), I would get thrown in pokejail or whatever (remember, this was my first pokemon game, so I didn't recognize certain tropes right away). So I then spent the ENTIRE REST OF THE GAME battling some red-haired jerk named ???.

It wasn't until months later when I finally decided to reset and start over, and I just for fun decided to lie to the policeman, did I realize that it was a way of naming your rival. :D

Also, I love love LOVED the Ruins of Alph. They were so cool. Probably my favorite area to explore in Johto.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 19, 2016
I'm not sure of my fondest memory but the one that sticks out to me the most is when I found a shiny Tangela at the base of Mount Silver only to realize I had no Pokeballs with me.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
When I was done

I liked catching Lugia
777ff663.gif

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
When I walked up the steps of Mt Silver to find Red waiting for me. Everything up till then wasn't too shabby either :p But that battle was the defining moment that I'm willing to play through GSC all over again.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
My personal favorite moment was when I was training to evolve a Pokemon (a Slowpoke named Dumpsie) when I found a shiny Gligar. That Gligar (Clyde) remains my only shiny to date. I remember getting the shiny Gyarados and wanting more shiny Pokemon goodness. Catching Clyde was so satisfying.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 18, 2016
Walking around Kanto in the Evening listening to this great great music. Just the feeling of unlimited time, no stress and doing things in your own tempo really gave a new dimension of feelings through the Day/Night system. Very relaxing.

Condroid 2.0

Artificial Humanoid Being
Years
It happened many years ago, when I was but a wee lad...
Playing through Crystal Version, my very first Pokemon game, I inevitably ran into the Red Gyrados in the Lake of Rage. The battle was fierce, but rather one-sided, and despite my excessive use of revives, Red Gyrados kicked my butt and K.O.'d my entire team save for my level fourteen Togapi. Expecting to loose, I use metronome for what I thought would be the last time. Long story short, Togapi annihilated him. That was by far the most satisfying moment ever. I laughed for the longest time...

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
My best moment in these games was my first shiny ever :D Pokemon Gold was my first game (after that Pokemon Blue), and I remember getting back to New Bark Town heading to the Lab of Prof. Elm to get my Togepi checked out and I stumbled upon a Shiny Pidgey in the Grass. I never saw anything like this, so my first thought was; hm? Sparkles? Slightly different colour is this something special? So I caught it :3 (to find out later you could catch a shiny Gyarados in-game, but that was different since everyone could get a shiny red Gyarados while my Pidgey was a super-lucky encounter of 1/8192).
A friend of mine was sitting next to me when this happened and immediately said: this Pokemon won't be like this forever/or when it evolves (but yeah ofcourse it was still shiny when I trained it to a Pidgeot). ^_^ I even remember this moment better than my first Pokemon League win (when I beat Lance), so I consider this as my best memory :3

And from that moment on, a journey started in many different generations of Pokemon to come, with alot more shiny-luck ^_^ So now I'm a dedicated shiny hunter when I have the time :3

Floette

Fairy Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
I remember starting the game and staring at Kris - I could play as a girl! It was awesome.

A close second has to be the whole Lake of Rage storyline. I loved it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I remember starting the game and staring at Kris - I could play as a girl! It was awesome.

A close second has to be the whole Lake of Rage storyline. I loved it.

Yeah, storming Team Rocket's base and bumming up their whole operation was definently one of the high points of Gold/Silver/Crystal. A close second? Finding out you can go back to the Kanto.

damientheomen3

Muffintop, Esq.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
My favorite games of all time. Typhlosion is my favorite pokemon of all time, I just love essentially all of the pokemon, and the additions like the day/night cycle, breeding, genders, special split, shinies, the fact that you can go back to Kanto, etc. Gen II really revolutionized pokemon.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
The time in silver when I forgot to visit mom before leaving and she called.. I felt guilty back then so after that I always told her before I left.. It really was a great moment realizing that youve rushed things and you need to slow things down once in a while..

Last edited:

Pike Queen

La Exorcista
Years
To be honest, for me it was finding Violet City. I was pretty young when I got Crystal, and I remember being on the phone with a friend who had gotten Crystal as well. Neither of us were able to find Violet City. >.<

Then after two weeks, I finally found it. I felt like a God.

After that incident, everyone started asking me to catch their legendaries for them. Bahaha.

Back