• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Too spiky? Got it. I'll post it again after I fix that.
Edit:
Here:
3481wmx.jpg

I'm not going to make it transparent again until you approve. [:

hmmm maybe make the spikes wider, im not really a sprite expert hehe

@Sunfished it looks perfect now :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Are there specific spikes that you want to be wider? Because I don't have room to do it to all of them (like the ones around its eyes).

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Slender Im horrible at explaining things haha, I hope your don't mind if I take your sprite to show you what I mean(something like this) ->
ml759.gif
It wasn't really the spikes but the body and the eyes a little. Sorry for being so critical, its just that I want everyone to do their best.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I would have fixed those things, but you never pointed them out, so I didn't know you wanted them to be changed.

...I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding the angle, or if you want one eye to be smaller as part of the design? In the sprite, I'm not intending for it to be angled enough that one eye would be visibly smaller.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
oooh ok, you change the angle, that was my problem I kept thinking it was the same angle so the perceptive didn't fit for me, don't worry about it then it was my confusion.

EDIT: ah Sunfished I almost forgot, you said my fakemon Grecko could have a fighting type pair fakemon, got any ideas?

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Umm, Alexial, can you replace the current pic of the grass starter with this better one?
gstarter-shrunk_zps196a2766.png

I redid the outlining with a solid black color, removed artifacts, and shaded it sorta :D

Next up is the shaded final grass starter, which will be up by tommorow

Ragnia

Hello
Years
@ Ragnia : I actually really like the idea of the Sableye evolution. :o I think your design may be best suited there, to be honest. Throw some gems on that guy, make 'em Ghost/Dark and call it good.

You want gems? I can do gems!
Spoiler:

There ya go!....I realize that may have been funnier in my head, but oh well! Here's the actual one
Spoiler:

Yep so that's it, and guess what, it looks a lot like Sableye! Yayyy? Oh and sorry for it being slanted, I didn't realize that was how I was drawing it -.-;

DaydreamsAway

<---- MAH WAIFU :3
Years
Terribly sorry If I didn't do much these past few days.. Well apparently some dude bombed my town's power plant and my town was cut off for a few days.. So yeah but dont worry I'll be continuing my forward of my latest doodle like pokemon maybe later on... :D

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Finalized final grass starter:
hornedlizard31-shaded-shrunk_zpsba35f493.png

Now that I'm practically done with my quota, I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm going to start filling in the list with some missing single-types. I'm open to suggestions, otherwise I'm going to make a Rock/Ground mole...

And I might also add that I'm best at drawing things that AREN'T so complex, like my Ghost Eevee.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys I want to clear some confusion regarding the primary Legendaries, theres already 3 legendaries based on poseidon, zeus and hades but you guys said its ok if I also gave them a try right?

Anyway I said that I would do this as a step by step project so here are my initial sketches of the poseidon legendary, its still isn't close to being done but I want you guys to see how its going, give me ideas, etc. Sorry that the picture is blurry, when I started doing the design I realized it was going to be too big so I just use more paper lol.

9jptll.gif

head close up
Spoiler:

Ok so the design its a hybrid of dolphin, shark, merman and sea monster. The head is suppose to be of a shark(will add the fin soon enough), the tail will be of a dolphin so it will be horizontal, the body its a combination of merman or mermaid(fish tail and arms) and a sea creature(long neck and big abdomen).

Im going for an armored look since this is a greek based design and roman armor is an iconic part of the Greek culture. The helmet as you can see has a sort of ribbon, this is based on the roman helmet design which have hair as a decorative feature. The colors I have in mind are Blue, Silver and Black

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Okay, first post should be updated with everyone's fakemons. :)

Jet, I've been working on your dragon Eevee. I made some small, tiny changes to it to give it a more cohesive (and Eevee-like) look but I kept your design intact. Will post soon!

I also got a poison Eevee on the way.. but I'll admit, it looks very, very, very Ghost-type. :( Again, will post soon. I want to get everyone's opinion on it.

Sunny, use your best judgement and draw your heart out. You've put in so much great work, I totally trust you to have free reign over whatever fakemons you think fit in. Go forth!

.....BeefTaco. O_O; Omg. Okay. Anyone else really love that legendary?

I vote we immediately make room for that design. I don't care how it happens, we need that fakemon in our dex. Agreed?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
.....BeefTaco. O_O; Omg. Okay. Anyone else really love that legendary?

I vote we immediately make room for that design. I don't care how it happens, we need that fakemon in our dex. Agreed?

*raises both hands*
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Hmm, I think we should put the list of needed Eeveelutions back up, lol. It's convenient to let us see what types still need to be done.

Okay, so:
Normal
Grass
Fire
Water
Electric
Flying
Bug
Fighting
Rock
Ground
Steel
Psychic
Dark
Poison
Ghost
Ice
Dragon
. . . it looks like we only need Fighting, Normal and Rock. Wow, I didn't think we were that far along with them all, lol.
I could try to revamp Fracxtieon to keep its Rock-typing but give it a more unique and detailed look?

Anyways, I'll work on some flavor text for my pokemon . . . right after I do a Spanish project, English Thesis paper, and some Global History homework . . . and clean my room! Yay! xD

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
BeefTaco, I have a slight hunch your just showing off now! :D
(or my jealousy is kicking in)
But honestly, you should totally do some other legendaries while your at it!
The design is relatively simple, yet it has enough oomph to set it apart from anything else!

EDIT:
I might as well just post these guys instead of double posting :L

The moles are based on construction guards, and miners and stuff. They were supposed to have rings under their eyes to represent they're tiredness, but I guess it didn't show up well.

Names: Pebbole -> Moulder
Types: Rock/Ground, or just pure Rock
Abilities: Rock Head,(maybe Battle Armor?)
Delicious Text:

1 - Pebbole, while initially reluctant at first, tend to the needs of its owner in a mutual relationship. They usually require a form of pay in return for their work.

2 - Deep in underground caves, Moulder can be seen directing traffic in tunnel systems for Ground Pokemon. In the most likely situations, they can also be seen assisting traffic guards on the surface.

AND FAIRY TYPE!
If the fairy type were real, whats not to expect literal fairies?
So I doodled up a literal fairy, complete with pixie dust and whatnot.
High-fives to those who know where I got the fairy idea :D

Name: Elfae (elf and fae)
Type: FAIRY (or plain normal if they lied to me... ;___________;)
Abilities: Prankster or Technician
Tasty Text:

1 - Elfae live in utopian societies, sharing their knowledge with each other. Ironically, humans consider them as pesky, since Elfae usually cause mischievous problems in the presence of another species.

2 - The intelligence of an Elfae is only shown during times of excitement. When even slightly bored, their minds drop to that of a simpleton.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I like the Pebbole / Moulder idea, but aren't they awfully similar to the Excadrill line?

While cleaning today, I stumbled upon some old sketches of both Fakemon and just nonexistent animals (from before I discovered Pokemon). I'm going to try to get some art finished for here, and will fix up my Fighting-type to post.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I like the Pebbole / Moulder idea, but aren't they awfully similar to the Excadrill line?

While cleaning today, I stumbled upon some old sketches of both Fakemon and just nonexistent animals (from before I discovered Pokemon). I'm going to try to get some art finished for here, and will fix up my Fighting-type to post.

While that IS an inevitable truth, I designed it knowing that it was similar to Excadrill. Mine is supposed to be the Defensive equivalent to Excadrill, So in a sense I found a loophole to the similarity :D

And you kept old Fakes too? I have almost 3 notebooks,(with no pages torn out!), just filled with Fakes from 7-8 years ago. Maybe I should pull some of them out of there so they can finally get a chance to see the world...

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Haha thanks for the compliments guys, Ill try my very best for this one so it will take a while for it to be finished and if you guys really want me to do more legendaries ill do them :>

Sunfished@ maybe a little ;), nah but I'm just trying my best lol. The design its gonna get a little more complicated around the torso and the tail but I never go overboard with details. Also your designs look really good man, I cant wait to see them colored.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Quick outline for a Poison Eevee evolution. I'm thinking of scrapping it because of the obvious Ghost-like characteristics, but I thought I should post it to get your opinions.

Poison_Eevee_zpsae4cc9c0.jpg

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Alexial, you should totally keep it! :D

The goopey bits are well enough to tell that it's a poison type, and what's the harm in keeping it? ^_______________________________^

If you're still content with altering it, maybe the reason it looks ghosty is because of the swirly parts. Usually, when I think of toxic clouds, I think of fluffy large tufts, like a cloud. But I'm weird, so maybe my opinion shouldn't be adhered to :P

Back