• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
You and her both sicken me.
12,000 Uxies, and not one was shiny.
Although I have had many dreams of the Uxie shining, and today I thought I saw a shiny Regice scrolling across, but it wasn't.
or it's a sign or you are going crazy xD
btw u must be almost there :)
never give up!

Years
Direct links to the images, please. (Example.) Imageshack is forcing scripting to be enabled on their pages to show images, and I refuse, because they use popup adds, and possibly malware.

Yeah, I'm so angry right now!

My friend just got a shiny Palkia in 21 SRs.
Unfair.
Crazy stuff there. It only took me 50ish SRs for shiny Drifloon, but that's not counting the couple thousand SRs I made on my old Diamond game.

Preparing to resume Chikorita hatching. Also SRing Turtwig simultaneously.

Years
That would be insane, to start SRing and find a shiny so soon.

Poll time: Should I continue hunting Dialga, or go back to Uxie, my original hunt?

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
MM how did you do that? Which tag should I choose.

They just give me options to thumbnails, hotlinks, and show the image in the post. IDK how to direct link an img. And how did you change it from a .png to a .jpg?

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I have done it. I don't know how, but I've done it.

First try, and I had 39 Caterpie in the chain. And I waited and finally shiny grass...

In the worst possible position. Ever.

In the lower-right corner, on the edge, next to the signpost. lmao!

Well, I went in anyway. Caught the little bugger.

Now I have 40 in the chain (yep it survived) and now I want 17 more, if I can survive.

Video comes tomorrow. Because it's far too late night to do it right now and I wanna soup it up a little.

It is, after all, Caterpie. (And a GBA Insertion Pokemon omgwtfbbq)

And it looks so awesome in a Premier Ball. He doesn't have the right nature, but I don't care. He's so awesome.

Good luck everyone!
Woo hoo!

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
I'm not hunting Uxie though
I'm hunting Dialga
I'm around 1,000 resets
So what are you hunting right now?
atm I'm chaining for a voltorb... it's a realy cool shiny...
btw I don't want to waste my time so... what's the best nature for a voltorb???

That would be insane, to start SRing and find a shiny so soon.

Poll time: Should I continue hunting Dialga, or go back to Uxie, my original hunt?
I think u should go to uxie... as u awredy have 12000 hunts it should be shiny soon...
good luck everyone!

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Well I didn't get a birthday shiny yesterday, as I was shopping with my sis most of the day, then we went out for supper, so it was late when I started chaining. My highest was 36 Doduo, but I broke my chain as I was tired.

I did a bit of resetting for Darkrai though, but no shiny ones yet. I didn't expect to get one on my first day of resetting, I have a feeling that Darkrai will be like Giratina and take 74 days to shine X_x. I hope it doesn't take that long though.

I also did a few resets for Regirock in Emerald, but nothing popped up. I really hope my RNG spits out my shiny number sometime soon, as I want to finish the Regi trio.

Congrats to new shinies everyone ^_^.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Woah, MetalMario actually posted! *_* How's it going, man?

Well, now that it's Christmas break, I'll have time to hunt. I'll be hatching mostly Totodile eggs, with the occasional soft reset for Zapdos and Articuno on FR and LG.

Good luck, everyone.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Bad news, guys.

The guys disassembling the program have verified that it's 100% impossible to soft reset for any of the Mystery Gift Pokémon (ie. you get them from the green man directly) as shinies. The games are rigged to never give out shinies from there, unless they're predetermined to be shiny, like the WCS Milotic. This means:

• The only legitimate ways to own a shiny Darkrai or Shaymin are through either the Japanese Elite Four Glitch or through Platinum, where Oak's Letter and the Member Pass are being given out over wi-fi.
  • Most 4th-gen events, including Gamestp Deoxys, stuff from PBR, Festa, may not be shiny.

SRing a shiny Manaphy is possible, but is somewhat complicated. They also tried (and did so very aggressively) to prevent Manaphy from being shiny. Like the others, a shiny PV is thrown out if calculated, meaning it cannot be shiny under normal circumstances. However, if you trade it to another game, the set of PVs which yield shinies, as we know, changes, so the egg's PV might now yield a shiny. They tried to shut down this trick, as well, but they messed up. They tried to replace your shiny Manaphy with a new, non-shiny one right as it hatched, but they messed up and checked the OT of the Egg rather than the ID of the trainer who hatched it, so we can, indeed, get shiny Manaphy. Putting it all together, here's how it has to work:

1. Take the Manaphy egg from the green man.
  2. Have a new, restartable D/P game handy.
  3. Trade the egg to this game. Save the game right away.
  4. Prehatch the egg, ensuring you don't save during the process. (Saving will waste precious steps, and you'll need all the steps you can get if you want to be able to perform lots of SRs.)
  5. If the Manaphy is not shiny, SR your game and trade the egg back to the first game. (IMPORTANT! Manaphy will NOT appear as shiny on the egg hatch animation. You must check its stats screen afterward.)
  6. Delete the savefile on your second game, begin a new adventure, and repeat the process as soon as possible.
  7. Warning: The use of external devices to discover the hidden ID of your new savefiles (and speed up the process, avoiding the lengthy hatching process), or to fix them to make sure the egg is a shiny will constitute cheating, and will exempt your Manaphy from qualifying as legitimate. Roll of the dice--remember that.

So now, onto my Eevee. I only caught one of them. My chain was at 11 when the shiny patch appeared. The chain broke at 22 on an ideal arrangement. I am most definitely evolving him to Espeon. I might go back for an Umbreon later.

Now then, I have two boxes of Chikoritas to ID and release. I'm sure I have a new female Incredibreeder amongst the last few. Remembering that I release all but the best few Chikos on the fly, each one corresponds to about 20 bred, so this is closer to 40 boxes worth in that regard.

Wow big thanks MM for confirming this. At SPPf Sabresite posted the about the Manaphy situtation and I was very bummed out since I thought it meant I'd only have 1 shot at each manaphy egg being shiny (I have 2 currently, one from ranger and one from ranger 2 jpn) but that's pretty ingenious idea to keep Restarting a game to SR for the egg to be shiny. Tedious but glad to know its possible. But you posted you could get 5 eggs from a single ranger cart? I thought it was that you could only get one egg ever from ranger, even resetting it, didn't change it. Or are you talking about Ranger 2 since the egg is Wifi?

Anyways congrats to all new shinies too, I've gotten nothing so far. SNorlax refuses to shine. And my nightly Rotom SRs have gotten me nowhere. I think I;m going to start SRing for Kyogre again soon too. Good luck everyone on their hunts!

Years
Wow big thanks MM for confirming this. At SPPf Sabresite posted the about the Manaphy situtation and I was very bummed out since I thought it meant I'd only have 1 shot at each manaphy egg being shiny (I have 2 currently, one from ranger and one from ranger 2 jpn) but that's pretty ingenious idea to keep Restarting a game to SR for the egg to be shiny. Tedious but glad to know its possible. But you posted you could get 5 eggs from a single ranger cart? I thought it was that you could only get one egg ever from ranger, even resetting it, didn't change it. Or are you talking about Ranger 2 since the egg is Wifi?
I thought this was a rumour resulting from the misunderstanding of how a single D/P game can only receive one egg. (I'd confirm, but I really don't feel up to playing through Ranger twice.) Even if not, if it's possible to do a Factory Reset (it is on most games), then they can't prevent you from getting another egg.

I just remembered I still have Leaf Green to play through those bunches of time. I want to use the Tutor there to put Counter back on my Chikorita breeder so that the shiny hatches with it, so I'm playing through until I fix the network machine there.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
sup everyone...
no news with voltorb... I'm on a chain right now...
hope to get it now... then I can start with rotom...
I'll guve u any news :D

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Yeah, you can only get 1 egg in it.
But what is a factory reset?

I think it's something like Up + B on the title screen, it brings up a different menu that you can erases everythings withs.

Anyway, my worm:

DSC05418.jpg

As Mr. Irwin would say,

AIN'T HE A BEAUT!??!?!?!?!!?!11111111111111111111111:D11111111!!!!!11111

lol :)

Video coming real soon, I had to make it "special" like I always (well mostly always) do.

It all started when Mario, the Princess and I came to Dinosaur World for a vacation......

Congratulations and good luck everyone, I'm in a hurry, I haven't had much time to do anything today

edit:

Shiny Caterpie Video

OOOHOHOHOHO, YOSHI LOVE CATERPILLARZ

Last edited:
Years
Congrats, I've always loved shiny Caterpie/Weedle.
Up and B... I'll try that.
Kinda odd you should mention Steve, my little brother just did a report on him.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
About 10 minutes ago Shiny Registeel appeared on my Emerald. Yay, so I paralyzed him then used a thunderbolt, 2 sonicbooms. I switched out Magneton for Regirock and used 2 Rock Throws to put Registeel in the low HP. I started throwing Ultraballs, after about 10 I threw a Timerball, 1 2 3 broke open, soo close. Went back to Ultraballs, 1st one broke, 2nd 1 2 3 snap... caught. Pics soon.

Next targets for Emerald
Kecleon, Lugia, Ho-oh, and after I beat the E4 then I'll complete the dex and go for totodile.

Years
About 10 minutes ago Shiny Registeel appeared on my Emerald. Yay, so I paralyzed him then used a thunderbolt, 2 sonicbooms. I switched out Magneton for Regirock and used 2 Rock Throws to put Registeel in the low HP. I started throwing Ultraballs, after about 10 I threw a Timerball, 1 2 3 broke open, soo close. Went back to Ultraballs, 1st one broke, 2nd 1 2 3 snap... caught. Pics soon.

Next targets for Emerald
Kecleon, Lugia, Ho-oh, and after I beat the E4 then I'll complete the dex and go for totodile.
Are we allowed to use cheats to get to the Event Site?!
And how exactly can you find your shiny number?

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
hey sup everyone!
finished voltorb chain today and got the shiny one ^^
it was in 43rd chain... the chain broke after it :P
pic comming soon :)
now starting with rotom :rambo:

Years
No, but he said Ho-oh and Lugia.
OH!
You must have the event tickets from the events a while back, and you must be getting ready for the mixer thingy! My bad!

Back