• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Had no idea you and Fabio were religious Kura o.o

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Common sense is the kind person's way of saying "my upbringing is better than yours", lol.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Hey Slender! :D
You okay?

Yup! I have indeed hugged a cactus. I wanted to see if it really hurt all that much or if people are just pansies! It did, but not quite as much as I expected.
I've.... never eaten one before... but hey, i'll eat anything.

Nah, it's fine. X)

If you want to get on the subject of stupid warnings then I could go on for hours.
"Do Not Eat" on the side of a dvd player's box.
In the words of Bill Engval, "Great, I got a dvd player and a bag of chicken nuggets!"

Honest

Hi!
Years
I actually didn't do bad, all things considered. 88 average, which is average.

I just went down from a 91 to an 88 in Calculus. I think doing my Calc homework after hours on PC at midnight was a bad idea. D=

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I've always wanted to eat/drink cactus. I hear it's really good .o.

The fruit or the plant? Both of them are edible, although not a lot of people ever eat the plant.

Common sense is the kind person's way of saying "my upbringing is better than yours", lol.

Actually, I think its more like "My upbringing was more painful then yours."

Honest

Hi!
Years
Cactus is a fruit?

Also, shameless plug, but the Valentine's day pairing thread is up in OVP for those who don't know! GOGOGO.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Hey Slender! :D
You okay?

Yup! I have indeed hugged a cactus. I wanted to see if it really hurt all that much or if people are just pansies! It did, but not quite as much as I expected.
I've.... never eaten one before... but hey, i'll eat anything.

Nah, it's fine. X)

If you want to get on the subject of stupid warnings then I could go on for hours.
"Do Not Eat" on the side of a dvd player's box.
In the words of Bill Engval, "Great, I got a dvd player and a bag of chicken nuggets!"
Yup, everything is fine. c:

Such a masochist haha. ;D I did the same thing with a really sharp knife and scared some people, which was funny.

My mom found a label on a curling iron that said "Do not use while sleeping". What.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
The fruit or the plant? Both of them are edible, although not a lot of people ever eat the plant.

Actually, I think its more like "My upbringing was more painful then yours."

I want to try both, actually :3

Had no idea you and Fabio were religious Kura o.o

Both brought up Catholic. Not gonna speak for him but for me, there's not everything that I believe, but I like lent because it teaches me personally to appreciate things or have things in moderation. For lent you don't always have to give up something, you can do something extra instead. I like some traditions and I hate others. I also like some teachings from other religions too. I wouldn't call myself Catholic now, but I was brought up as one and I like some of the traditions.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Cactus is a fruit?

Also, shameless plug, but the Valentine's day pairing thread is up in OVP for those who don't know! GOGOGO.

No, but it grows fruit.

images

They are most commonly called Prickly Pears. Some people just call them cactus fruit though.

As for why they are called prickly pears, see the white spots on them? Like the cactus, the fruit gets needles too. Those white spots are where they grow. If you don't clean off or cut out those spots well... then you'll be calling the pricky pear the "Oh god kill me now" fruit.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I like prickly pears~ Texture is a little different, but it's good :3 Used to have them a lot in the summertime especially when my dad was in the mood for them..

ALSO HOLY CRIPES PAST 1:30! I HAVE WORK TOMORROW o_o

Goodnight!!!

Sir Codin

Oh, God, are/were we talking about warning labels for things that should be common sense or warning labels that just plain don't make any sense at all?

RINKWORKS TO THE RESCUE!!!

"Warning: This product can burn eyes." -- On a curling iron.

"Caution: The contents of this bottle should not be fed to fish." -- On a bottle of shampoo for dogs.

"Caution: Shoots rubber bands." -- On a product called "Rubber Band Shooter."

"Do not look into laser with remaining eye." -- On a laser pointer (:\ WAT?)

"Do not use for drying pets." -- In the manual for a microwave oven. (What's scary about this and some others is that they wouldn't put these labels on unless someone had already done it)

Here's some more:
http://www.rinkworks.com/said/warnings.shtml

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I've been at Catholic schools for like 6 years now so I'm no stranger to Lent XD My school doesn't serve meat on Fridays even.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Oh, God, are/were we talking about warning labels for things that should be common sense or warning labels that just plain don't make any sense at all?
"Warning: This product can burn eyes." -- On a curling iron.

Given the shape of the object and the idiocy of some people I'm kinda suprised that it does say what else it could burn. If you know what I mean.

Forgetting a classic though... Oh a Hersheys almond bar... Warning: Contains nuts.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Here are some amusing ones-

Spoiler:

I found these saved to my computer. I think I had dug them up around the internet.

Edit
Here have some more.
Spoiler:

I need to stop reading these. D: I didn't get enough sleep last night and was busy today. I'm overly tired these are hysterical because of it, to the point where I'm getting on my own nerves by being so amused.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The pepper spray makes sense. Like all those comedies where they show something not working, the person turns it around to check it out, and then it works in their face. If you press it and it's not working, then you turn it around to see if the spray is clogged, you might accidentally spray it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back