• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pokefan2008

Objection!
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2008
wow zel shiny gold is the bomb everybody loves so many posts this hack is the best!

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Well, as you wish... But, try not to spoil the fun with showing the maps, or at least put the maps as an option.
Yeah, that was one of the things I had already planned out. Probably have a link to them with Spoilers on it or something, at least for the Routes and Caves.

And Noland..

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2009
Great Work, I've played since I found the last topic link, Very good, Although the problem is trying to Fly because its the Sevii Islands map wise. Good job anyways. (And I hope you don't mind that I didn't have any Water Pokemon to learn surf at the time that I opened a FireRed Rom that has gameshark codes in it then open ShinyGold to get the medicine).
And I see with the Slowpoke Tail thing you added the text "(Poor Thing)" which I don't remember from Silver (Never got Gold).

cal.kriptic

Emulation Freak
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 5, 2008
Love the game its a real inspiration, hope you keep up the amazing work and complete it! xD

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
EDIT: Just remembered - D/P Pokemon centres, marts and gyms? Where'd that idea come from? O_o

It comes from the idea that I want SG to be a mix of generations, that's why there are GBC, GBA and DS graphics.

-i downloaded the last version: in the burnt tower there's still the smashing rock. in the "old bugs" you said u removed it. what's the truth? :P
-ehr, i met the kurt's evil clone XD
*can't post url to other sites i haven't 15 posts -_-'*
www . zshare . net/image/31818270ced35d/
give him the white apricorn after the slowpoke well, then i came back after HM01 to obtain the charcoal. in this time, i found this. the busy kurtz says go away, the free one if u have apricorns bring them to me, so the ball wasn't ready yet. to you

I'm not that sure if you have the newest version because of the rock, it must not be there, on either version (normal or X), if I took it out of the list is because I removed it.
And about Kurt, I'll follow your steps to see what I get once I get some time (I bet it won't happen to me XD)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but will the Viridian City trainer House be back. Obviously it won't have the luxury of taking the trainer's party from mystery gift, but will it hold a few really good trainers that you can battle over and over? (Cal should make an appearance in there if there is a trainer house. He's the one with the Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr)
Also, if I remember correctly, in the Celedon Dept. Store you weren't allowed to buy stones, will this change?
Will the Rocket underground hideout under the game corner still be in there?
Will there be a radio tower in lavender or will it still be a memorial tower?.
what will the new building in vermilion be?
anyway if you get a chance and would like to address these questions feel free, if you would rather let us all figure it out in the next beta (released whenever you decide) thats fine too.

The Trainer House will contain our good friend CAL (because that's what I'm gonna get when I get to Viridian, so I'll stick to what I get)
Yes, you will not be able to get Stones till much later in the game.
To Jess and Jamie's surprise, the Hideout is not there anymore... (just like in the original, after all)
The new building will be decided later...

I have 2 questions. First, there appears to be a glitch in the Dragon's Den. After I get the Dragon Fang, I talk to Claire and it freezes up! Why?! I got the new beta, not cheating, everything! My 2nd question is, why aren't you using my music? :( I'll send you a couple more, but for the most part...

You are not supposed to talk to her. You are supposed to step in a tile that makes her dissappear from the Den, so you will not see her till you take the item (the Dragon Fang) on the floor. Once you get the item, she will appear, give you the Badge and then disappear again.

If something didn't work like I mentioned, tell me exactly what went wrong, as it could help me to spot a leak in the script (or it could mean: either a flag problem, or a rom problem, though improbable)

cant wait til its finished.hmm i wonder if someone might make a hack just as good as zel's.

Yeah, the good thing is that the hackers are really giving a good effort to improve their games (I'd be happy if SG contributed to improving the overall level of hacks :D) And, I saw a lot of cool stuff thought in many hacks. They have the advantage of being more original than me, 'cause I must stick to a set story...

And I see with the Slowpoke Tail thing you added the text "(Poor Thing)" which I don't remember from Silver (Never got Gold).

Yeah, the original Gold's item's descriptions are quite short, so I usually add some stuff (most of the time is funny stuff ^^), to fit a few more words there.

Anyways Zel did u create the Overworlds and the sprite when your choosing the Hero or Heroine for Gold and the final evolution of the starter revamps? Because I swear I've seen the same sprites in a website,if you want,I can PM you the link to the spritework.

Yes, I think I know what you are refering about. Yes, it's because the author (Marnic) posted his work there. I really didn't know of his existance till he decided to PM me his work :)
And now he's colaborating with new sprites.

That's all I have (cause I said to avoid the pirate stuff, just say NO to them, as always ;)), and also stop the "playing the game on flashcards and that kind of stuff" at least for a while, to avoid getting offtopic, thanks.

Onto the game, if you checked the First Post, I have updated the Progress Section, as I have finally stepped out of Celadon. Now I'm heading to Cycling Road, and mainly I'm heading to a lot of Routes, so it'll all be just fixing a bit the maps and editing A LOT of battles, but it'll not be hard work, so I expect to make them fast, and in the end, reaching Fuchsia by Monday (Thursday Uni starts again, but since it won't be that hard at the beginning I'll keep the rythm for a while)

...Sigh... I'm breathless (huh? I thought I was writing? O.o), well, see ya later!

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Okay,two questions about Shiny Gold.

No 1: What is the Viridian trainer club,or whatever Zel was talking about earlier in one of his posts,and Cal is a member of it??? Can somebody please explain.

No 2: Who is this Ashly sprite people are talking about?

PS: If some of this has to do with Beta4,I haven't finished it yet (it took a long time to get roms working on Windows Vista O.o)

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
I see

It comes from the idea that I want SG to be a mix of generations, that's why there are GBC, GBA and DS graphics.

Ah I see how that works. That answers my comment. I don't find the Pokemarts as eye pleasing though.

This really inspires me to make my hack. Of course when one cannot find resources *COUGHCOUGHHINTHINTromCOUGHCOUGHWHEEZE* one usually gives up trying. Ah well, still I pen down my maps on pen and paper. Maybe someone will make them come to light.

Anyways, are you going to make anything after Mt. Silver? Or are you going to make that bit 100% like Gold?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Sorry for the late replay zel but welcome back. And you know that I highly love your hack. But I can't play it at the moment. I don't have any ROM... But I play it asap when I have my FR-ROM. Keep on.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Well zel, I didn't post on the last topic of ShinyGold, but the game still is great. I only have one question, if the beta5 comes out, is it possible to patch it over the beta4 ROM without losing my current game?

~Cya, UnitRico

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
I have a two questions.

1. Will mewtwo be added into the game after you collect all badges.
2. Will you add any extra maps if you have some leftovers? :P

The palettes and trees match, I like all the maps and how you edited them :P. There were only a few glitches when I was playing the game, one was that after I beat team rocket at the slowpoke well I couldn't go to Kurt at all. When I went out of the house and back in the game screen turned black and froze. Dunno if this has happened before.

Anyway, nice job :P.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Okay,two questions about Shiny Gold.

No 1: What is the Viridian trainer club,or whatever Zel was talking about earlier in one of his posts,and Cal is a member of it??? Can somebody please explain.

No 2: Who is this Ashly sprite people are talking about?

PS: If some of this has to do with Beta4,I haven't finished it yet (it took a long time to get roms working on Windows Vista O.o)

Ok just to help you out. The trainer house was an installation in Viridian City where, in the gbc series, it would allow you to battle in the basement, the default trainer in the basement was Cal. However, if you happened to use the mystery gift function with one of your friends, the game records your friends Pokemon and then your friend replaces Cal. since mystery gift doesn't work like that any more, I think that a proper way to rebuild it ould be to have about 4 or 5 trainers that you could battle more than once.
As for the Ashley character, she is a new character that Zel put in. She is the Cianwood gym leader Chuck's Niece. she appears now and then after you defeat her in front of her uncle's gym.
I believe that the Asley character is the only thing in this post that has to do with B4 since you cannot access viridian in B4.
Hope this helps

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
Ok just to help you out. The trainer house was an installation in Viridian City where, in the gbc series, it would allow you to battle in the basement, the default trainer in the basement was Cal. However, if you happened to use the mystery gift function with one of your friends, the game records your friends Pokemon and then your friend replaces Cal. since mystery gift doesn't work like that any more, I think that a proper way to rebuild it ould be to have about 4 or 5 trainers that you could battle more than once.
As for the Ashley character, she is a new character that Zel put in. She is the Cianwood gym leader Chuck's Niece. she appears now and then after you defeat her in front of her uncle's gym.
I believe that the Asley character is the only thing in this post that has to do with B4 since you cannot access viridian in B4.
Hope this helps
Actually, Chuck's niece's name is Amelia. "Ashley" is actually Ashlee, the Pokemon Thief who steals a] your Badges and b] Silph's Prototype at certain points in the game.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
I think not. But you should patch it into a clean FR Rom again, because if you don't, it may cause bugs.

If you mean to countune you game, Yes, but instead patch over the same rom just get a new rom and rename your sav file to the same name as the rom

I have a two questions.

1. Will mewtwo be added into the game after you collect all badges.
2. Will you add any extra maps if you have some leftovers? :P

The palettes and trees match, I like all the maps and how you edited them :P. There were only a few glitches when I was playing the game, one was that after I beat team rocket at the slowpoke well I couldn't go to Kurt at all. When I went out of the house and back in the game screen turned black and froze. Dunno if this has happened before.

Anyway, nice job :P.

1. Yes
2. ask Zel, not my call

Last edited:

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Something I noticed while playing was that if you get the coin case and hit the slots right away, You already have 28 coins. I don't recall if that was in the original or not but please look into it.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Hope this helps

You are mixing characters up.

Ashlee is a girl(thief) trainer and rival who has an evil pikachu :P

Back