• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Just finished the beta and I got to say overall it was fun to play. But I do have a few little nitpicks :P.

My first would be that sometimes the game wasn't self explanatory enough IN-GAME. I think even a complicated and made to be difficult game shouldn't need that much of an FAQ or guide to get through the game. This is probably coming from being stuck at Milky Village and not realising I had to talk to the guard, because his text when you step to go through the building and talk to him are different, and when he blocked me I assumed that was it and to progress further I had to beat the Sages. Fortunately I gave him a further crack :P.

Another would be the Pokemon levels in routes, some were way to weak in regards to the Gym in the next town. For instance I think I was fighting the guy who had the level thirties, and then level forties in the second battle, yet the route next to him had a max level of 18, and an average of I think 12-14. And the Pokemon in the game were below level 10 for way to long during the journey.

Also, have you thought of flipping the wild Pokemon system completely over? It's something I haven't seen done in terms of making Pokemon that are more common, rare, and having the rarer Pokemon more common. This would completely alter the normal feel and really mix up gameplay. For instance, having Pokemon like Magikarp very hard to find, yet Pokemon such as Heracross or even fossil Pokemon easy to find if you get what I mean. It would add a lot of diversity in certain areas.

But nonetheless, very enjoyable and difficult at times :P I look forward to playing the complete game. Great job.

GSC ftw

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hi I just wanted to know if there's any jar file of dark futue beta 3 ?
Nice game btw .. thanks a lot ^^
Use Google, it ought to give you the answer you're looking for :)

Just finished the beta and I got to say overall it was fun to play. But I do have a few little nitpicks :P.

My first would be that sometimes the game wasn't self explanatory enough IN-GAME. I think even a complicated and made to be difficult game shouldn't need that much of an FAQ or guide to get through the game. This is probably coming from being stuck at Milky Village and not realising I had to talk to the guard, because his text when you step to go through the building and talk to him are different, and when he blocked me I assumed that was it and to progress further I had to beat the Sages. Fortunately I gave him a further crack :P.
I see, I never took in consideration players wouldn't talk to him (especially because in Beta 2, you couldn't access Milky Village yet and therefore, you'd have to go talking to that guard sooner or later). Did you possibly talk to his wife in Milky Village before him? She tells you he has forgotten his Key at home once again if talked-to before the gate guard which somewhat explains you've to go to talk to that person.

What I could do with this though would be making it so that by talking to his wife before him, she lets you take care of the Key and deliver it to her husband at the gate. I probably thought about this already when making the script but dropped the idea as it would be weird if she randomly trusts you and gives the Key away (because currently her husband calls her first that you're going to get the Key from her). I'll probably implement it in Beta 3.1.

Another would be the Pokemon levels in routes, some were way to weak in regards to the Gym in the next town. For instance I think I was fighting the guy who had the level thirties, and then level forties in the second battle, yet the route next to him had a max level of 18, and an average of I think 12-14. And the Pokemon in the game were below level 10 for way to long during the journey.

Also, have you thought of flipping the wild Pokemon system completely over? It's something I haven't seen done in terms of making Pokemon that are more common, rare, and having the rarer Pokemon more common. This would completely alter the normal feel and really mix up gameplay. For instance, having Pokemon like Magikarp very hard to find, yet Pokemon such as Heracross or even fossil Pokemon easy to find if you get what I mean. It would add a lot of diversity in certain areas.
The levels of the pokemon that trainers use have been decreased a lot since Beta 3.0 release. I'm actually planning to have Beta 3.1 up really soon (maybe next week, I "promised" it to be up already but have been busy doing other stuff than hacking) which mostly drops down the levels that trainers use but adds also some additional stuff like bug fixes, some new battle sprites, ow sprites for Team Darkness goons etc.

I don't think I'll do anything about the wild pokemon system now that I've edited wild pokemon for so many areas already. Editing wild pokemon is something I don't like doing because it isn't hacking at all and I wouldn't be making this hack if I didn't get the enjoyment out of figuring out how to do stuff. Besides, all (expect for one) pokemon will be available in the final release and I've pretty much planned where they will be found as well.

But nonetheless, very enjoyable and difficult at times :P I look forward to playing the complete game. Great job.

GSC ftw

Last edited:

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
In fact!! really really great job dude!! i'm really waiting for the final realise!!!
please go on nd don't ignore the hack! thank you a lot!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Here's something I've forgotten!

Headbutt!

Actually, the problem is not on Headbutt but on the trees!

Every tree I used Headbutt on so far didn't yield me a single Pokemon!

Maybe you need to check them!

For instance I think I was fighting the guy who had the level thirties, and then level forties in the second battle

You battled Isaac?

You should have just ignored him until you would get stronger, that guy is a monster!XD

Actually... it can't be done like this anymore.
Instead of Sleep Powder, I made it learn Stun Spore so that you wouldn't be able to "cheat" through battles anymore. At least, with Venusaur it's practically impossible to lose a match by using Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Razor Leaf.

Btw, I want to say that this is pointless!

I don't mind what you did with Eevee and its evolutions, but the way Bulbasaur is now, even if I start a new save file, I will simply use an Exeggcute in its place or something like that!

A full strength Exeggutor with Psychic, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder and Leech Seed is far better than an overnerfed Venusaur!

Actually, I've to say that I've never really used Daycare in original G/S/C, believe it or not... I should really check how its mechanism works first and then build one in my own hack. I guess I'll add one for Beta 4 somewhere.

So, breeding is coming in Beta 4!

Good......hhhmmm.......aaahhh......must resist......ahahahahaha.......nnggghh....AAARRGGGHHH!!!

Sorry, I can't help myself!

I'm gonna leave this overused dirty joke here and be on my way!:P

Spoiler:

miksy91

Years
In fact!! really really great job dude!! i'm really waiting for the final realise!!!
please go on nd don't ignore the hack! thank you a lot!
Not gonna ignore it because I'm quite sure I enjoy the most about ending parts of the hack and creating them myself too.

Here's something I've forgotten!

Headbutt!

Actually, the problem is not on Headbutt but on the trees!

Every tree I used Headbutt on so far didn't yield me a single Pokemon!

Maybe you need to check them!
Headbutted pokemon are determined by an assembly routine but I think someone in Skeetendo Inc. found where to locate them. The problem is that there is a limitation of how many places can have headbuttable pokemon in them but I'll check this out and what I can do about it.

Btw, I want to say that this is pointless!

I don't mind what you did with Eevee and its evolutions, but the way Bulbasaur is now, even if I start a new save file, I will simply use an Exeggcute in its place or something like that!

A full strength Exeggutor with Psychic, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder and Leech Seed is far better than an overnerfed Venusaur!
I know that you could also use Exeggutor for that matter but people rarely do that. But really, I've to say that now that I'm testing through Beta 3.1, it has been much more enjoyable because I can't beat every single water pokemon without losing a single HP. I wouldn't have done this though if it wasn't so normal using Venusaur to beat the game (perhaps it would have been a lot better if you were given for example Chikorita in the beginning instead) but as it is now, I believe > 50% of players end up using Venusaur as one of their party members.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
I've completed beta 3

I've completed beta 3 and it take me long time to finish it.
I found a single ORB in whole game,i am thinking how long this game will be..
My team is-
lvl.64 Espeon
lvl.61 Charizard
lvl.61 Venasaur
lvl.62 Blastoise
lvl.63 Raichu
lvl.60 Arbok
i've beated sages and found three missing pages...
And i got a lvl.5 Totodile at Prof.JOKE lab....!!!!????

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
My team is-
lvl.64 Espeon
lvl.61 Charizard
lvl.61 Venasaur
lvl.62 Blastoise
lvl.63 Raichu
lvl.60 Arbok
i've beated sages and found three missing pages...
And i got a lvl.5 Totodile at Prof.JOKE lab....!!!!????

You're missing one more page!

Spoiler:

miksy91

Years
It's going to be longer than any normal pokemon game you'll play, that's all I can say about the length for now (as I don't clearly know even myself yet).

Um, what Emulator is compatible with this file?
Why don't you take time reading what I wrote in that zip-file just for people like you.

Okay, enough about that. There is another update about Beta 3.1 I'd like to share.

Beta 3.1 Update

I've done almost everything that will be included in Beta 3.1. This beta will be enhanced version of Beta 3.0 and doesn't include any more gameplay than it does. However, there have been quite many changes to it and here you can see what I've done so far:

Code:
[I][B]DONE[/B][/I]

-Every single trainer is edited so that the game will be playable at 100%
-A couple of new battle sprites have been added (thanks to Poketto)
-Team Darkness' Goons have gotten a new overworld sprite
-Prices of Town Map and Signet have been decreased
-"The Key delivery" -quest between Greenwood and Milky Village has been altered a little bit
-Player mentions that they shouldn't return the Sweater right away after obtaining it
-Gentlemen have gotten black suits (battle-sprite change)
-Bulbasaur learns Vine Whip at lv10 (once again)
-Sun Stones can be bought in Argent Warehouse
-Four minor bugs fixed

Code:
[I][B]YET TO BE DONE[/B][/I]

-Edit texts that the gym trainers say after their leader has been defeated
-Adding pokemon data for headbuttable trees
-Another test-run just for testing that everything works fine (I already finished the game playing at 100% the whole time, took around 10 hours to finish Brightbulb City)

So that's about it.
Meanwhile, you could for example check out this mini-hack I also made of pokemon silver. It's made for nuzlocke-playing and can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282684

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2020
Hi all, I have been a long time lurker on these forums. Even tried a bit of hacking out for myself. But this is something else. Very well done, and am loving it. Just done the Fighting Gym (3rd?) Currently I have:
Level 27 - Charmeleon
Level 29 - Exeggcute
Level 32 - Raticate
Level 29 - Nidorino
Level 28 - Evee

I found the Bulbasaur that I recieved to be worse than an Exeggcute, was considering using a Bellsprout. I am hoping my Evee evolves into Espeon. But if not by level 36-ish I will be evolving it into Vaporeon then grabbing something else.

The hack is well done, it is harder than I thought. But I like it like that. Keep up the good work

miksy91

Years
Hi all, I have been a long time lurker on these forums. Even tried a bit of hacking out for myself. But this is something else. Very well done, and am loving it. Just done the Fighting Gym (3rd?) Currently I have:
Level 27 - Charmeleon
Level 29 - Exeggcute
Level 32 - Raticate
Level 29 - Nidorino
Level 28 - Evee

I found the Bulbasaur that I recieved to be worse than an Exeggcute, was considering using a Bellsprout. I am hoping my Evee evolves into Espeon. But if not by level 36-ish I will be evolving it into Vaporeon then grabbing something else.

The hack is well done, it is harder than I thought. But I like it like that. Keep up the good work
Thanks, difficulty level has been dropped though because it was a little bit too difficult :)

Spoiler:

Beta 3.1 Is Here

Yeah, the release I was planning to have up a week or two ago is finally here. Beta 3.1 is basically enhanced version of Beta 3.0 and doesn't include any more gameplay than it did. It has its advantages though.

Change list between Betas 3.0 and 3.1
Code:
-The levels of the pokemon that trainers use have been decreased
-New battle sprites for Goon and Guardian have been added (Created by Poketto)
-Mom's script has been completely redone, and she can now also save your money
-Bicycle has been replaced with Running Shoes (which leads to bugs for those who still have their Bicycle from Beta 3.0) (Credit goes to Koolboyman for this add-on)
-"The Key delivery" -quest between Greenwood Town and Milky Village has been altered to make it more obvious how to progress further in game
-Pokemon can now be encountered by Headbutting trees as well
-Bulbasaur's moveset has been changed back to normal (Learns Vine Whip at lv10 & Sleep Powder at lv15)
-Player mentions the Sweater shouldn't be returned right away after receiving it
-You've more money to start with than before & Prices of Town Map and Signet have been decreased
-Goons have a new overworld sprite
-Gentlemen wear black suits instead of white (during battle)
-Sun Stone can be bought in the market in Argent Warehouse
-Several bug fixes:
--When Bulbasaur evolves, its gender won't change like it might have in the earlier version
--The things that gym trainers say, after their leader has been defeated, have been changed for the ones that required it
--If TM Sandstorm wasn't picked in Deep Cavern before a certain happening, it could have been seen in the rocks
--One cutscene was buggy if the player was riding a bike during it
--Text bug with Ancient Power has been fixed
--A minor bug with Theresa's script has been fixed

Download the new version from the main post !

miksy91

Years
Why having 250 and not 251 pokemon catchable ? Is celebi missing ?
No, Celebi will be obtainable
Spoiler:

Now that I think about it, it's possible that not even 250 pokemon will be obtainable because I'm not trying to make this a "catch 'em all" type of game. But one pokemon has a reason for being uncatchable so that's why not 251.

Update!

I haven't really gotten further "storylinely-wise" but instead, I've managed to do something much more important. It looks as of now that a major event that I've had in my mind for almost a year now, will eventually take place in the hack! I've finished part of its coding as of now and what this event does is to split the main characters apart like I've been telling I'd do this. I still need to find a way to make it so that the sprite of Cactus is not loaded when a map is entered when you're controlling Oscar or Ashlyn (you can notice this happening for example when using a bicycle and entering a house with it). What's more, I'd have to change the battle sprite loading routine so that the battle sprite of the character depends on the one that's being controlled at the time but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. What I've gotten do though is making it so that each of the main chacters takes two pokemon with him/her and continues exploring a place, of which name shouldn't be mentioned yet, in their own ways (and you'll get to play through each one of their "paths" of course).

miksy91

Years
Is it Mew? Because I don't see anyone else as uncatchable =D
No, Mew will likely be there (not catchable as itself but through a certain event, it can be obtained).

For now, I'm still lacking ideas for events of Moltres and
Spoiler:

so have to think about something for them as well...
Events of Articuno, Zapdos, Mew and Celebi are planned, event of Ho-Oh (and Celebi, partly) already implemented and I've a small idea where you'll be able to get Suicune, Entei and Raikou (although I've got nothing special in mind for them yet).

Spoiler:

And i can't wake up the guard.
I am stuck...
He'll wake up instantly after talked once you've done with Bulbasaur event in Theresa's house. I thought this was pretty obvious when I created the beginning of the game but someone else has had problems with this part too :\

Last edited:
Years
You should proabably include Groudon and Kyogre too since they are the Weather Trio. Maybe there would be a fight event in-game and Rayquaza would appear to solve the problem from being awoken by the player like in Pokemon Emerald. Also will Rayquaza be in a Sky Pillar type location?

Back