• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Event Suggestions Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I still feel like the Google Maps thing I talked about in the 300,000 users thread would be a good idea. I would like to see where we all live! \o/ Not in the stalkerish kind of way though.
I like this idea. We could also do a thing where everyone does the accent tag to go with that.
Also I think we should have a Caption This Picture contest or something... That would be fun. :)
The Lerroux idea sounds cool too.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I saw Scavenger Hunt mentioned earlier and I am totally badsauce at coming up with my own ideas so I'm putting forth an agreement for that! /super lazy n_n;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Even though it's always in every GT (iirc), a competitive battling tournament. They usually draw in a pretty decent number of participants.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think a Skype event would be fun! Or some sort of chat. For me at least, it would be cool to meet new people ^^

Maybe a playthrough of a chosen Pokemon game? With rewards for the fastest finish time, completed dex, highest level Pokemon, etc.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We already have had a challenge event planned almost all year because we thought GT would be in like July lmao. That being said, I have challenges covered. Haven't thought of a good name yet, but Trade-Off Challenge (for those of you that know the basics of it you know why it has this name!) is probably gonna be it.

Singing contest +1 also cat dog should host it because honestly i'm a bit tired of placing and not getting an emblem to signify it and i'm also tired of the judges not posting results on time and last year they weren't posted at all from what i remember so yeah...no offense to the judges of previous contests but u kno ;(

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Pokemon movies!
Egg swap!
Tournaments!
Trivias!
Minecraft competitions!
TF2 matches!
Random chat!
Shiny hunt!
Pokemon trades!

I agree with the movie night thing alot espicially if we get to see pokemon movies.

Years
A word search, crossword, and other word games.

I have one in particular I'd like to do where you have to guess two Pokemon that share some the same letters. Like if the clue was "_ _ A _ _ L E R" you'd have to figure out it fits both Graveler and Stantler.

droomph

weeb
Years
Or maybe a collaborative 10-Year banner that we can probably use in a theme that is released a couple weeks after the anniversary!

Like, we make the art for the style collaboratively (eg read/unread forum icons, theme background etc.), and Audy or anybody with some real XML skillz can string them together to make a theme!

blue

gucci
Years
I've only got two ideas (for now)

Design A Pokemon Competition - Self explanatory really but yeah, this will encourage users to use their creative side which could be purely text based or using their own drawings.

Highs & Low's of your time at Pokecommunity - A thread for people to post their best and worst times of being a member of PC since it's been around for 10 years now, I'm sure there will be a good few!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Or maybe a collaborative 10-Year banner that we can probably use in a theme that is released a couple weeks after the anniversary!

Like, we make the art for the style collaboratively (eg read/unread forum icons, theme background etc.), and Audy or anybody with some real XML skillz can string them together to make a theme!
I dunno if a theme could be pulled off, but some other form of art could be
Design a Pokemon sounds cool too, and I'd really like a spriting contest so that I could show off something at least. /brick'd

Years
How about the contest where we post snapshots from the anime based on selected themes? That was a pretty nifty idea from the get-togethers I've attended :D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I've seen Marcin post here and I'm guessing he already suggested this (didn't really read his post lol) but nevertheless, I'm saying it. A PC GTG without a writing competition will be a PC GTG that did not have a writing competition. Which is sad, so hooray for writing!

Also, WTP PCX special! Design-a-Pokemon was fun too, despite me not being able to join last time. A competitive battling event that Danica can't join should be held too! Movie nights are always amazing. There's a myriad of fun events to have!

EDIT: I don't know if this is a plausible idea, but can there be a TF2 event of some sorts? MvM and normal multi-shizz?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love the sound of a Design-A-Pokemon Compeititon. It was fun hosting it alongside deku last year, and it was quite the hit. So I'm sure it'll be just as fun as last year. I love the idea of wordsearches/crosswords etc, and a writing comeptition sounds fun also! IRL catch up would be awesome if I didn't live on the other side of the world though haha. What's really caught my eye though is the movie nights. I've never been to one, and form what I've heard they're awesome so I definitely think they should be included. :D

User19sq

i kind of just had an idea from that
Harry lol says (1:36 AM)
o?
a sky full of lighters ☆ says (1:36 AM)
a put on your best lerroux voices event
try to sound/act like lerroux
and record it
Harry lol says (1:36 AM)
OMFG HAHAHAHA
thats amazing
DO IT
a sky full of lighters ☆ says (1:36 AM)
shall i post???
KAY
Harry lol says (1:37 AM)
YES POST AT ONCE
post this log
for excellent clarification!!!

A contest to give Lerroux a voice? Now that's something everyone'll enjoy doing! XDDDDD

Years
Crossword puzzles.

Can't have a celebration without 'em.

Also the Lerroux voice event because that will probably be one of the only ways I can actually take part in this event. Competitive battling would only result in me eating a very large portion of humble pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back