• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
I do like the event in Petalburg City where you meet a familiar face. It's one of the two surprises in Petalburg while the other affiliates to Hoenn. Also is there a way to get past the box in Lilycove Art Museum second floor where another familiar face is met? I do like how the order of gym badges are obtained, there not in the order you think obviously. Especially when getting the Cosmic Badge and the Knight's Emblem... like badge thing that is an emblem.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
Cannot play

I extracted the game and it turned to an ips file, I do not know if that matters, but there is nothing in the folder when I look for it to open. I can open other games on vba but not this one. Help please?

Years
well I made it to necropolis but i can't jump down between either set of rocks. is the game deemed unbeatable now?

I extracted the game and it turned to an ips file, I do not know if that matters, but there is nothing in the folder when I look for it to open. I can open other games on vba but not this one. Help please?

you need to patch the IPS file onto ruby version.

Use Lunar IPS, find it via google

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
Hello. Wonderful hack you hae and I dont think I've ever had so much fun at the same time frustrated with the little tricky mazes playing pokemon before; fun.

Edited: Found it xD. Onto gym island xD

Last edited:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
I am nearly finished with this game. I have a LV. 94 Gyrados and it wipes out everyone! :D

Anyway, to show support, I made a banner.

Untitled-1-7.png

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
I'm getting some weird text and graphics bugs on this game. I know it's not the hack itself because no one else has reported problems, but I'd like to know what's causing it.

Any ideas?

PokemonSnakewoodbug.png

Edit: It's a clean rom. It's not the patcher, I've tried both IPS and Lunar IPS

Edit: Never mind. The version of the Ruby Rom I was using did something strange when patches were applied to it. I got a different rom from a different site and it works now.

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years
Hi, I'm stuck at Gym Island.
Actually, I've beaten every gyms except Asimov's and Lord Unbone's Gyms.
But I can't go into Asimov's gym, because of the trainer in front of the door.
What must I do?

Years
I've been playing this hack on and off for about a month, and the strangest thing happened in Lavaridge Town:

Spoiler:

Fortunately, I made a save state before leaving Lavaridge (due to my paranoia), so it was no problem. Just wanted to point this out to anybody who might stumble across these tiles in particular. They look pretty, but they're just downright nasty if they froze my game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
well I made it to necropolis but i can't jump down between either set of rocks. is the game deemed unbeatable now?

I had the same problem, unfortunately the only way I got around it was editing the map myself using Advanced Map. So, technically it's not unbeatable but you will need to know how to create a warp using AdvancedMap to continue further...there are many tutorials to help you with this.

P.S. Can anyone help me with this?

So I'm stuck right now...literally. I just beat Semtex on top of the mountain or whatever. I then get transported to a "Necropolis" area where I can't move at all and the whole place is covered in clear, blue water. There seems to be one of those Russian dudes near me but when I talk to him nothing happens at all. I can't move left or right at all and I can run a marginal amount of space up and down. Aside from that...I'm stuck.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=6943953

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
Hi there, I've gotten all the way to where I'm supposed to find Gym island, caught the rock lobster, got the hard disc, but when I go to route 103 I can't find the rock I'm supposed to talk to. If I go east there's a big rock with a waterfall and a bunch of little rocks that do nothing. I do have the current version, I made sure of that. I can't find this rock I need to talk to though. Can someone screenshot where it is please?

Mentalii

Back
Years
Hi there, I've gotten all the way to where I'm supposed to find Gym island, caught the rock lobster, got the hard disc, but when I go to route 103 I can't find the rock I'm supposed to talk to. If I go east there's a big rock with a waterfall and a bunch of little rocks that do nothing. I do have the current version, I made sure of that. I can't find this rock I need to talk to though. Can someone screenshot where it is please?

Here it is ! :pink_smile:

Spoiler:

Years
Make sure you have a Pokemon with Thief, Mightyena is a Pokemon that can learn that move so you might want to catch one. Go to Dewford Town and use dive, talk to the rock and you will find out it is Roclobster. You can use thief or catch it, but after you get its held item take it to the rock in Route 103 where in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire there would be an Aroma Lady. You'll get the Gym Tickets so now go to Route 119 and talk to Gabriella. Now you can access Gym Island. Also Roclobster is Rock/Dragon typed.

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
Here it is ! :pink_smile:

Spoiler:

OH that rock! Thanks. I was searching in the Route 103 area above Oldale XD

Sorry for double post but how do I get to: King Meteor on Gym Island, inside the one gym to face Asimov, and how do I convince that rock thing to fight me? Rock Smash just brings it back to life lol.

When does the stadium open btw? Once again I apologize if these questions have already been asked.

EDIT: I figured out the Asimov thing and caught Senex lol. The rest is still a mystery though.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
So I'm stuck right now...literally. I just beat Semtex on top of the mountain or whatever. I then get transported to a "Necropolis" area where I can't move at all and the whole place is covered in clear, blue water. There seems to be one of those Russian dudes near me but when I talk to him nothing happens at all. I can't move left or right at all and I can run a marginal amount of space up and down. Aside from that...I'm stuck.

Hum. That would appear to be one of those glitches.

Sorry for double post but how do I get to: King Meteor on Gym Island, inside the one gym to face Asimov, and how do I convince that rock thing to fight me? Rock Smash just brings it back to life lol.

When does the stadium open btw? Once again I apologize if these questions have already been asked.

King Meteor isn't on Gym Island, so that's one question down. Using Rock Smash on the rock under the dock at Dewford (if that's the one you mean) should trigger a wild battle with Roclobster. The Stadium, unfortunately, will never open. Regret, didn't catch.

In other news:

POKéMON KERATIN IS HERE!

Click here for the thread of the sort-of sequel to Snakewood - the one that's fully free of bugs.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
OK, well, thanks. What is supposed to happen after you beat Semtex anyways? I know my way around games so I'm sure I could recreate what's supposed to happen in order to continue on. I heard something about a cake? I don't know. Thanks, though.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
hmmm, i cant get it to work for some reason, I just get a blank screen after i open the patched file

Back