• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads; A Johto Story (new OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
And woopee! Levels abound. Make sure to let me know what you want to get and want to keep (move-wise) if you haven't already.

I also added a bit of Bugsy's thoughts as a conclusion to chapter 8, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8714373#8714373 So, with that, we now enter chapter 9 at last. Soon come chapter 10 and the long awaited Ilex forest~
Chapter 9 here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8714866#post8714866

Thank you for sticking with the RP for so long, guys. It's been over a year <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Gym leader claiming! You will get to define your gym leader, meaning you will write up the description used for them in the chapter post and play the leader in battle JPs against the other players. However, the GM will most likely take control of them during events. Plot, you know.

Rika: Falkner + Bugsy + Jasmine
Basty: Chuck
Shawn: Whitney
Chris: Pryce
Kirk: Morty
Alby: Clair
Greigs: none 8) unless you really want to be Jasmine or Falkner.

Does that look okay?

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
After debating a little on Skype, we've agreed to me having Chuck and Rika having Jasmine. Greigs, if you want Jasmine instead, be sure to let Rika know!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
So, what kinds of events do you think will be waiting for you in Ilex Forest? ;) Any guesses?

Won't be too heavy, but I can't promise we will reach Goldenrod before July...

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hmh... I'm gonna guess something to do with a treehouse. And another one has to do with either a den or a lake of some description. *Nod*

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
A treehouse...? I... I've always wanted a treehouse...

tumblr_m2bxd48s7W1r5msn4.gif

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Something that involves Eevees so I finally stop complaining?

Being serious, I am going to assume something involves the Farfecth'd and maybe something to do with the Shrine? Those are the only major events/locations in the games and we need to at least reference something from them :3

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I like all of these ideas! I would definitely recommend the Shrine though. It only seems fitting~

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I, personally, would say something with Team Rocket. They had a base in the city, probably meaning they have some outposts in the forest to retreat to. Could be we meet some of the grunts that managed to escape from the base. Either that or we end up meeting some sort of legendary mon there, similar to the caves we were in before.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I was planning on skipping TR in the forest actually. We've had enough of them for a while now :)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I was planning on skipping TR in the forest actually. We've had enough of them for a while now :)

That's what I figured :P But so far Rika hasn't really done much that could be considered an event in the games, so I dunno if she'll involve the shrine and/or the Farfetch'd.

She's a wily one, that Rika.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Well, maybe make Farfetch'd something that can be caught (not that I would have Vincent catch one since it's not an Eevee) and make an event involving the Shrine regardless. I mean, I personally think it would be cool even if its not directly connected to something of a story that Rika made in the one cave involving Lugia and Crystal Shards.

*shrugs because he is obviously not the GM so he has no idea what's going*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Such plans!

So, Raikiri is waiting on everyone now basically?

Me and Basty are JPing and after that we'll go to the gym with Alby.

What are Greiger/Sentinel/Dragon doing/planning? :3

ALSO I'm not sure I've said this to everyone. But something has happened to Christina's Quilava (Sindy), and as you saw she can now speak human language. If your shiny starters spend some time around Sindy or touch her, they will start to be able to speak human language as well. This also works if someone has gained the ability from Sindy and touches/hangs out with a third shiny starter. It's viral 8) But only the pokémon you got from professor Pine can learn this.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I may make a filler battle post in the next week after finals are done. Otherwise, I am basically hanging around until the chapter is posted. :x

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Oh hey all I FINALLY FINISHED MY FINALS, so I'll just do a small filler post or such.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
How would you guys feel about removing levels from the rp?

Instead, things would work as they do in Begin Again. Whenever you attempt to capture a pokemon, you end your post before the capture is complete and post in the OOC to make sure I notice it. When you want a pokemon to evolve, you request it here in the OOC and I decide if it's time or not.

Because oh lord all the talk about being underleveled and having to showcase certain pokemon just to make them grow xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Yeah tbh I don't have a preference either. I think levels have worked well so far in Crossroads. But I wanted to see if the rest of you had opinions :3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I don't really mind that much. To be honest, I might lean towards the non-levels. Otherwise, you start feeling the need to put random battles in there, for the sake of just having battles.

On the other hand, if you remove the levels, it might remove -too much- of the battling, so it's basically only story-battles and gym battles and no, like, random encounters on the roads or the like.

TL;DR: I don't know D: What do the rest of you guys think?

Back