• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
To contribute to the hints people are talking about, people seem to have forgotten (or stopped caring) about Dive and the Dive Balls reverting to their original text, we never got an explanation about that.
That's an old discussion. Diveballs didn't revert to their old text.

RSE Diveball text: A ball that works better on Pokémon on the ocean floor.

BW Diveball Text: A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live underwater.

HG/SS/D/P/Pt Diveball Text: A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live in the sea.

Difference between Gen 4 text and Gen 5 text is they aren't specific. Since in Gens 4 and 5 Diveball works while Surfing and Fishing. (Catch Rate: 3.5× if used on a water-dwelling PokémonFRLGDPPtHGSSBWB2W2)

Gen 5's wording is just clearer and more open than what Gen 4 said (since it only says sea and it worked on any water dwelling Pokemon.)

And wow didn't know Bulbapedia fixed the error they had on the Pokeball page XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Interesting...Steven's words seem to hint at what some think the emeralds are a hint for being true.

Ps: Wallace's line makes me think of Aqua...what with the water not being enough...

I can see RS will be the last remakes and for Gen VI D2P2 instead. Gen VII B3W3...or maybe our long awaited Pokemon Grey version...

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Comparing the data storage capabilities of the 3DS cartridges, we could potentially see a game with all regions so far...so if we want to start talking "DPP remakes" we could just lump that together into one supergame with Hoenn and all our other regions! After RSE I see no reason to remake any newer games, especially if Game Freak chooses to go that route (and yes, at this point it is anyone's guess, but it would be more beneficial to the series if they allowed access to multiple regions again).

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Comparing the data storage capabilities of the 3DS cartridges, we could potentially see a game with all regions so far...so if we want to start talking "DPP remakes" we could just lump that together into one supergame with Hoenn and all our other regions! After RSE I see no reason to remake any newer games, especially if Game Freak chooses to go that route (and yes, at this point it is anyone's guess, but it would be more beneficial to the series if they allowed access to multiple regions again).
I don't see them lumping all the regions together just yet, maybe two (Start in Hoenn, go to Sinnoh(?)) but that's it really,

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't see them lumping all the regions together just yet, maybe two (Start in Hoenn, go to Sinnoh(?)) but that's it really,

You could travel to Johto and Kanto which would be much closer than Sinnoh from Hoenn unless you took a plane.

I don't think Gamefreak wants to do one massive game. They've put it off and even told fans that they had no intent on making one, when it was brought up as a home game issue. Even if the storage capacity is higher they'd probably have to sacrifice a lot to be able to fit more than 2 region into the game carts. Given that there is a lot of codin that has to go along with the region itself.

Tiles change with time and weather, individual grass movement, music, Pokemon spawns, and individual region events, not to mention they'd have to start adding in a lot of new information to make up for the lack of story for each region and have to give everyone a valid reason to attend each region.

By the time you are through half of the third region, you also have a high chance of being level 100, which leaves the 4th and 5th region with nothing but level 100s which isn't very appealing to everyone.

You also have gamefreak's signature reason for making games to consider. We'd get 2 games missing a lot of Pokemon from one game to keep connectivity between the two games. Gamefreak will pull out a lot of pokemon to force players to trade between games and that could become an unappealing part of the game itself.

There is too much to think about when it comes to merging all the regions into one that in the end its too much work for little possible prize.

Home Consol, MMO, Mash up of the regions is an idea that all fans have had in the past, but its an idea with a lot of potential to kill the franchise only in the it gets harder to update department because if they release a new region they have to re-release the master game with all the new Pokemon, attacks, items, character, music, events (or even more new events).

Too much hassle, not enough positive feedback on it.

I'm down for accepting a remake because its what we pretty much expect. I think Gamefreak even expects us to continue with the "Oh when we getting x Remake?" Its going to be the same for D/P/Pt when the next console comes out and reveals that it isn't compatible with Generation 4 or 5 titles cause it won't play DS carts.

As soon as the next big thing comes out we'll move to the next game down the line. That is unless Gamefreak does the unprecedented and goes with another new Generation before Remakes.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
(As for the hint that RSE happened in the past, that was made apparent when the Magma/Aqua grunt said that they used to be part of an evil team "Many years ago"...so time line wise we kinda fixed that already)

Do they say something different depending on the version? I've been playing Black 2 and it's a boyfriend and girlfriend mentioning about how they were trying to expand land/sea(respectively) but then realized it would make less living areas for Pokemon that lived on/in the other and to not tell their other; there is no mention of how long ago it was. By the way they were talking, it seems like it was a more recent thing, imo (although still no clue as to when).

About all we know is that they happened before b2w2.

Back on topic more, I find it interesting what Steven says too, although you could obviously tell those were emeralds being mined in Driftveil gym from the first set of games.

Years
I think the obviousness of them being emeralds and Steven's words adds to the hint's credibility.

Now if May and Brendan get redesigns I hope they're blue as they had red for RS and Green for Emerald (interestingly the colors of FrLg...).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think we'd get full changes to thier wardrobes. A minor update to some of thier clothes, thoungh they'd keep May's clothes somewhat similar for iconic purpose.

Years
I don't think we'd get full changes to thier wardrobes. A minor update to some of thier clothes, thoungh they'd keep May's clothes somewhat similar for iconic purpose.
The clothing change will proably be as big as the one's Red and Gold/Ethan had between their originals and the remakes.
Does anyone think either May or Brendan will be replaced like Kris was? I think (and hope) that won't happen, especially seeing how the two were in all three versions unlike Leaf who was in the none of the originals, and Kris who was only in the third.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The clothing change will proably be as big as the one's Red and Gold/Ethan had between their originals and the remakes.
Does anyone think either May or Brendan will be replaced like Kris was? I think (and hope) that won't happen, especially seeing how the two were in all three versions unlike Leaf who was in the none of the originals, and Kris who was only in the third.

Thanks to Pokemon Special a lot of people are in support that Kris got renamed like "Gold" did. In Special Kris is Lyra and there are a lot of noticible similarities between the two with how similar their clothes are (Not very close but its similar enough to warrent support) and that they have nearly identical hair styles.

Since both May and Brendan were core characters to the beginning of the generation I don't think we'll see them replaced.

Kris, Lyra, and Leaf are add in characters that don't exist in the originals. (possibly why Kris would get the rename and wardrobe change)

Years
Thanks to Pokemon Special a lot of people are in support that Kris got renamed like "Gold" did. In Special Kris is Lyra and there are a lot of noticible similarities between the two with how similar their clothes are (Not very close but its similar enough to warrent support) and that they have nearly identical hair styles.

Since both May and Brendan were core characters to the beginning of the generation I don't think we'll see them replaced.

Kris, Lyra, and Leaf are add in characters that don't exist in the originals. (possibly why Kris would get the rename and wardrobe change)

I used to think that but according to Lyra's bulbapedia page the one who came up with her said he made her from scratch...

Yeah it'll be too weird if they did drop either of the two considering how iconic they are to us.

So does anyone think the remakes will have PwT seeing how since they are in the past it could've been the last tournament before the Unova one (which might explain why Iris is missing if they do plan to copy and Paste...well if it's 3D than they'll have to update it's design at least...).
I hope they add something to Shoal cave beyond just getting Snorunt and the bell ingredients.
Also does anyone expect any dex changes? Hoenn's and Kanto's have so far been the only one's never changed (with Kanto always having the original 151).

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years

Why did they replace Kris? She looked cool in the official artwork for the old games, didn't she?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No I think the PWT will be a B2W2 exclusive. Like how the original Contests and Secret Bases were exclusive to R/S, how Super Contests were exclusive to D/P/Pt, and how the Pokethon was Exclusive to HG/SS. R/S/E already has the Battle Frontier that they can play around with. They'd most likely just improve on that.

Why did they replace Kris? I liked her sprite; it looked cool.

She wasn't the original Character. If you believe that Lyra is Kris like a few in the fandom do, then she just got renamed like Gold did when they started calling him Ethan in HG/SS. If you believe that Kris and Lyra are two different people, then its because Kris isn't the original character from Generation 2. She was a supplemented character to give the players a female choice. Thus making Lyra and Kris the same as Leaf, an unimportant character created for the sake of adding a female role to a game that didn't originally have one.

Last edited:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Battle Dome transformed into the PWT though, you could have also said the BF was Emerald exclusive, although I agree with you about them bringing back the BF, its always good to look at both sides ya know

I think they will bring back the Frontier, but replace the dome with PWT, since their similar and the Dome is missing the Leaders and that's it, people really love the PWT, fantastic addition to the aftergame.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Battle Dome transformed into the PWT though, you could have also said the BF was Emerald exclusive, although I agree with you about them bringing back the BF, its always good to look at both sides ya know

I think they will bring back the Frontier, but replace the dome with PWT, since their similar and the Dome is missing the Leaders and that's it, people really love the PWT, fantastic addition to the aftergame.

If you think about it, 3rd and 4th Gens' battle frontiers are both fundamentally different so each has an exclusive right in each game. While the names of the full frontier are the same, the actual facilities minus the Tower, are different.

Years
If you think about it, 3rd and 4th Gens' battle frontiers are both fundamentally different so each has an exclusive right in each game. While the names of the full frontier are the same, the actual facilities minus the Tower, are different.
And the Battle Factory (don't forget the battle factory).
It would be nice if the PWT was added into the dome as a different layer challenge. One stage we can battle the normal trainers than the fb for our symbol, the other we battle the gym leaders, and champions...maybe even the E4.
Also I think the unique thing of BWB2W2 is the Subway...that I can't see them adding to Hoenn in anyway. (ps the super contests were simply enhanced contests). Speaking of contests do you think the dress up section will be added into Hoenn's but the appeal system stays the same as the original games (with combo's and such).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think they'd go back to the original version. The Dance version was what separated the Contests and Super Contests. While Gen 4's wasn't written off as "advanced" we accepted that. Gen 4's Super Contests was a play on Gen 3's Contests with a different spin on how it should have been conducted. That's how I see it.

And honestly, I just don't want PWT in the remakes. I'd rather that be an exclusive to B2W2 and maybe added to future Generations. None of the past Remakes had anything major from current games added into them from what I remember. FR/LG got the Tower, but that was an end game bonus. HG/SS's Tower was changed into the Frontier just like R/S's Tower was transformed into the Frontier. Really in HG/SS's case it was an update rather than including something new.

New things we got in past remakes were, New Islands and Mini Games as well as Berry Powder for FR/LG and Newer areas, Safari Zone (Which still existed but was said to have moved in the original one. The old one was still there just closed), and Pokethon. HG/SS didn't even get the Sevii Islands which brings to question if they were really Canon or just an addition to the games as added data to fill up the cartridge.

I'm hoping that the Remakes are close to the original Ruby and Sapphire as much as possible with a few tweaks and additions as possible.

Which brings another question...Will they add Cold Rock, Moss Rock, and highly magnetized area to the remakes or go the way of FR/LG and force you to port over to another game to evolve Eevee into Leafeon/Glaceon and Nosepass and Magneton into Probopass and Magnezone since neither of those evolution methods are in the original games, nor are there areas that fit with possible locations.

FR/LG didn't have a proper time system despite having the "Find a Berry on the ground after x amount of time has passed" and the beach combing on First Island. You had those two time based events but you couldn't evolve Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon since there was no Night and Day system. HG/SS locked away evolution methods as well as breeding methods despite the Basic form of the incense babies being in the game. (The incense babies were not part of the Johtodex from what I remember. and Incenses weren't findable until you had beaten the game and attained Rock Climb.)

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Personally I believe RSe remakes will come for 3DS and still be marketed as a "5th Generation". They would likely just improve on the graphics and make it 3D. Gen 6 is really when 3D improvements will be shown.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Which brings another question...Will they add Cold Rock, Moss Rock, and highly magnetized area to the remakes or go the way of FR/LG and force you to port over to another game to evolve Eevee into Leafeon/Glaceon and Nosepass and Magneton into Probopass and Magnezone since neither of those evolution methods are in the original games, nor are there areas that fit with possible locations.

Theyll add a Moss-Rock-Piece/shard/thingie item some gen anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back