• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Did you run the Game in Debug/Playtest Mode? If not, run it in Playtest and then see if it works.

*eye twitch* i've been trying for the past 4 hours, and it, in about 2 seconds, told me what it was. how come it couldn't just say that in the error log???? >.< venonat had a lvl 0 in the trainer form. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
Hmm... weird... I have a whole heap of trainers in my game, no matter which one I battle, afterwards their sprite changes to the "Red" sprite.

that's simple, go to the map that says "Intro", then, in the upper left hand corner, click on the event, and edit away.

I actually found it by myself, but thanks anyway :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
This is really bugging me! HOW DO YOU CHANGE POKéMON NAMES!!!!!

Wjat do you mean? as in how do you change the name of the starter pokemon? or how to nickname all the pokemon you catch?

Hmm... weird... I have a whole heap of trainers in my game, no matter which one I battle, afterwards their sprite changes to the "Red" sprite.

hehehe, you copy and paist don't you? lol, i did that too. anyways, you need to edit the second page of the event, click on your fighter, then click on the tab that says 2 and change the sprite there to the one that you want it to be when the battle is over and done with.

Last edited:

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
What program do you use to edit the .DAT files?

You dont edit the .dat files. Instead, edit the .txt files. Once you run the Game from within RMXP (DEBUG/Playtest mode) the .txt files will be compiled and overwrite the .dat files.

EX: Trainers.txt becomes Trainers.dat

Sizzle3003

Cows = Cool :O
Years
Ok wtf?
orbidden
You don't have permission to access /projects/pokestarter/pokestarter.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Every time I click a link to it..

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
Ok wtf?
orbidden
You don't have permission to access /projects/pokestarter/pokestarter.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Every time I click a link to it..

Then use my version artard...

(If someone thinks thats uncalled for, read this dudes thread and you will see why I'm pissed at him)

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
Years
  • Age 28
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
I Don't Understand

Flameguru In Your Starter Kit that You Just Released In One Of Your Recent Posts How Can I Change What Pokemon I Run Into In The Tall Grass On A Certain Route. Please Help. :\

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Umm no you suck bals........

Hm... Sizzle, if you don't stop being a pain by choose, I'm sure a mod can make you stop by force. If there is someone kind enough to give you a good idea then either take it or so no politely. don't insult,

and if your wandering why i am not saying the same to him, it's because i read the other thread, and while i think he was over-reacting a little, i only think that he over reacted A LITTLE.

I think that if you try to insult someone who is being nice to you (no mater how dumb the insult may be) then you forfeit any right to having people help you politely.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
Flameguru In Your Starter Kit that You Just Released In One Of Your Recent Posts How Can I Change What Pokemon I Run Into In The Tall Grass On A Certain Route. Please Help. :\

Simply use this to help you:

Code:
# ------------------------------------------------------
032 # ID of Map (Can be found by Right clicking on a Map's name and selecting Map Properties)
25 # (Encounter Rate - 25 is maximum and is very high)
Land # Pokemon Found in the Grass
HOOTHOOT,2
HOOTHOOT,3
HOPPIP,3
HOPPIP,2
SENTRET,3
SENTRET,2
PIDGEY,2
SENTRET,2
PIDGEY,2
RATTATA,3
HOOTHOOT,2
RATTATA,2

So copy and paste that over the Johto Route 29 entry and edit it any way you want ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011

Here's a link to his tutorial about the starter kit.
forums.dsinc.exofire.net/viewtopic.php?t=9

I hope it help :)

and join the site so that it can grow, plus you can post info on stuff you think might help others ^.^ (yes, i am now assessed with the site)

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
Years
What I meant was to actually change the pokemon, to make new ones eg. replace BULBASAUR for GARKIT(Pokemon I made up) and change what it says in the Pokedex.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
What I meant was to actually change the pokemon, to make new ones eg. replace BULBASAUR for GARKIT(Pokemon I made up) and change what it says in the Pokedex.

Not Possible atm I don't believe. If you wanted to try, it would require changing the Pokemon's Sprite in the Graphics Folder, renaming it in the scripts, and modifying all its moves, stats, and more....which would be a pain...sorry. Poccil may be able to assist you further than me :)

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
Years
  • Age 28
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Thank You

Simply use this to help you:

Code:
032 # ID of Map (Can be found by Right clicking on a Map's name and selecting Map Properties)
25 # (Encounter Rate - 25 is maximum and is very high)
Land # Pokemon Found in the Grass
HOOTHOOT,2
HOOTHOOT,3
HOPPIP,3
HOPPIP,2
SENTRET,3
SENTRET,2
PIDGEY,2
SENTRET,2
PIDGEY,2
RATTATA,3
HOOTHOOT,2
RATTATA,2

So copy and paste that over the Johto Route 29 entry and edit it any way you want ;)

Hey Thanks A lot. Can't Thank You Enough. So I Just Go To The Encounters Text Doc. Thanks.

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
Years
Not Possible atm I don't believe. If you wanted to try, it would require changing the Pokemon's Sprite in the Graphics Folder, renaming it in the scripts, and modifying all its moves, stats, and more....which would be a pain...sorry. Poccil may be able to assist you further than me :)

Okay thanks Flameguru, I'll wait til it's possible, maybe it'll be possible in the next release

Sizzle3003

Cows = Cool :O
Years
Hm... Sizzle, if you don't stop being a pain by choose, I'm sure a mod can make you stop by force. If there is someone kind enough to give you a good idea then either take it or so no politely. don't insult,

and if your wandering why i am not saying the same to him, it's because i read the other thread, and while i think he was over-reacting a little, i only think that he over reacted A LITTLE.

I think that if you try to insult someone who is being nice to you (no mater how dumb the insult may be) then you forfeit any right to having people help you politely.
Next time he shouldn't call me a noob then, and next time plz don't get into my business >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back