• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen The Loser of Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Most of the Unova designs are actually among my favorites, but still I really hated Garbodor's design. The thing is ugly as heck, a stark contrast to the adorable Trubbish.

Years
Going with Nichole, I really couldnt believe it when I saw Trubbish and Garbodor. I guess they ran out of ideas? xD

But another one I donb;t understand is Vullaby. I know it's based on a vulture, but it leaves me clueless on why they made it where Vullaby had to stay in its egg? I mean, was that inspired from Togepi?

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Well it isn't like Trubbish and Garbodor are the first "bag" Pokemon, we got that in Gen. 3. Going by that logic, they ran out of good ideas long ago. But, each generation has its goods and its bads.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Simipour is my least favorite of them all (Although the other monkeys are a close second). At the moment when I picked Snivy for my starter he never helped me win the third gym battle, always losing against Burgh's Leavanny.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
The only pokemon that ever bother me are the ones that are relatively common, not terribly useful and because of some particular set of moves or ability, a hassle to battle. I don't even understand being offended by the way a pokemon looks or how it compares with past generations or all that jazz that so many other people seem to get worked up over.

So - the only ones that bother me in Unova are Tranquill (Detect / Roost) and Watchog (Confuse Ray / Super Fang).

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
My least favorite Unovian Pokemon have to be...

Patrat (Ratatta I can handle. These are just... WHY? Also Watchog)

Gothita and its family (Like Ralts, but they aren't even cute. SO MUCH EYES)

Durant (The Pokemon is awesome, but annoying in the wild. I'd use it on my teams, but by the time I can encounter them, my team overshadows their absolute terror and epicness).

Vullaby and its family (Freaky vulture things. Original, but I like Rufflet and its line better.)

The rest I'm fine with. I do have issues with Snivy in the games, but it's awesome in the anime. Keldeo also gives me issues (FOUR musket deers? There are only three musketeers, not four), but I haven't seen it yet, so...

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
Freaking Vanillish. God, I saw that disgrace to pokemon and facepalmed so hard I got a nosebleed. Also Kyurem, as it is extremely over-designed.

Nakala Pri

Freaking Vanillish. God, I saw that disgrace to pokemon and facepalmed so hard I got a nosebleed. Also Kyurem, as it is extremely over-designed.

Haha, totally. xD Why does it seem Vanillish is the only Ice Type? Plus Kyurem was only annoying with his huge effort in design when other things were almost... effortless. :x

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Scraggy and Scrafty. Everyone I know thinks Scraggy is cute, but I just don't like it. I think it is ugly and the whole skin/pants thing creeps me out. Scrafty is even uglier and creepy in my opinion. I also don't like Darumaka... And Emboar is so over-designed that I can't even look at it.

Nakala Pri

Druddigon for me as it was just UGLY. Sure, it's not a bad battler at all, but man they really hated that thing when they decided to design it. Worst dragon of all time.

Druddigon is my bane. I hate it so bad it hurts. It is a stupid, cheap toy dragon which kids cut their fingers on, parents get angry then give it to the Second-Hand-Store. Really, I hate it so much... >:(

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Well there is Murkrow and Honchkrow for Dark/Flying. I love Dark types though so I don't have any hate for Vullaby.

Yes, but putting thier type aside, doesn't Vullaby's design bother you? It's easier for a Pokemon to look lamer but not much uglier. That's just my opinion, though.

Did I mention Cofagrigus? I mean, what is up with that Pokemon! Its arms are the worst thing, but when you're battling him it looks like he has buck teeth. Yamask is no better.

This Pokemon... Ugh.
accelgor.jpg

Nakala Pri

Brighten up, sis. Imagine it as a leprosy's baby wrapped in cloth and was given a mask because it was so butt ugly. xD

I am so insensitive... :X

Last edited:

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
i don't like unova as a whole. 90% of the pokemon are un-original and they don't look like they have put in any time in creating them visually.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Shelmet because it's useless. Mosto f the others are at least threats in competitive battling, especially ferroseed and genesect. Lol I like a few of those too, like druddigon and ferroseed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2015
Purrloin
Patrat
Just to make things clear i love Purrloins speed but it dosent even look like a dark pokemon.
Patrat learns useless moves. why detect? it cant learn toxic.
Patrat is worse because of the fact that purrlion has GODLY Speed when it evolves.
And what is with the creativity on both of these. NINTENDO HAS GONE MAD!!!!!!

Years
Garbador for sure, but most of all Basculin. Every three seconds when I was surfing one would pop up and it was just as frustrating as magikarp back in the day. Klink, Klang and Klinklang were dumb, too (also, WHY WOULDN'T THEY NAME THE LAST EVOLUTION "KLUNK"? kills me every time)

Moose

Pokemon Master,
Years
Gotta be patrat and watchog for me. They were so annoying, with hypnosis and confuse ray. Their stats, appearance, and overall usefulness don't help them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back