• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive multiplayer online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well its hard to make an update without spoiling anything from the game. I want to keep it exciting so when you walk into a map you think "wow!" for the first time. If I show everything then you'll never have that feeling.

But I know I havent shown an update in a while, so heres my favourite map so far:
Lakeshore_Plantation_by_Kymotonian.png

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
...o_o Wow, Kyledove! That's... breathtaking! Really, you've rendered me speechless with that beautiful map! Everything just looks so clean, rustic, and floral! That is one of the best maps of your style that I've seen, and that's a great update.

I hope to see some kind of screenshot of this project, though. Keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yes as you can see we're currently going through a small style change so you'll have to wait until we update all the maps and menus, etc in the game again. We're working on it though.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The new tiles are really nice. The bridge with the ropes at the side looks great.
Nice map over all. Don't really notice any errors- although I'm not a fan of the "clutter" area in the top right corner(since it doesn't lead anywhere only a squarish shape, that area takes away from the map). Also, is the water "surf-able"? Cause I was wondering if you can surf under the bridge?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
What thing in the soil? do you mean the vegetation? Its just that...a field of crops.

Thanks neo! The top right area is supposed to be like one of those hills that are great for views, so I tried to put some benches, and I was trying to make picnic blankets so its like a popular viewing spot, but it didn't turn out so well. (there would probably be some rare item there too, or some rare pokemon.)
The water will be surf-able, and you can surf through the grass just like tall grass. You won't be able to surf under the bridges because they are too low.

Years
Very nice update, Kyledove. I'm really digging like the map and the tiles. The way everything is mapped, it has near perfect playability and aesthetics. Amazing job on it.

I did notice two errors, though. I didn't bother looking for any more, but there is likely no more. They are circled in red below.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Thanks Alistair! Those tree things are driving me insane, I'm so not used to them.
I try to map it out without them, and add them when the map is complete, but I guess I still miss out a few!

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
wow, i took like 30 mins just to take it all in! it's so beautiful...and so natural! I love the new mountain tile! they rock too! keep it up!

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
That is a perfect map with Perfect tiles. I can't wait for this game. It's just unreal, and so beautiful.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Is just me or are your tiles really more brighter then before? The map looks awesome. Tiles are amazing also. Great job Kyledove.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
That map is BEAUTIFUL... no staticy graphics that one almost always sees... The maps alone make me want to play the game...

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yep I've gone through a slight style change. I was getting tired of my tiles before because it seemed like they all had a grey overlay on top which was depressing me. Ive brought up the brightness and colour content a lot, and all the trees are now in DP style (wider than 2 tiles.)

I hope people prefer the new change, I do.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Oh, I really prefer the changes. Well, I didn't really think much of a difference in what I'd prefer, but I like it anyway. At least the colors are still very soft, smooth and clean, like your style has always been. But, what do you mean by a "grey overlay"?

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Gosh, sometimes I get so jealous of how awesome a spriter you are, Kyledove! ;) That map is really great, and I love all those varied character sprites.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I LOVE IT!! When you need beta and alpha testers you can count on me:P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back