• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.holy.priestess

I'll play forever. <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
Eh, I dropped my homework to finish the Pokedex. It's all done, and I already emailed it to be checked. Still, if someone else gets the prize... I still completed a Pokedex ON MY OWN! (for once in my life)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Been awhile since I posted here. :S
I congratulate whomever gets the last prize!
And I cannot wait till CBM reveals it to all others. :)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
There is a problem with this. Whenever I press the buttom on my keyboard for the A buttom I hear a dinging noise in the background. It may be doing that cause I'm playing it on the GEST emulator. But if I played it on VBA it wouldn't be in color.

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
There is a problem with this. Whenever I press the buttom on my keyboard for the A buttom I hear a dinging noise in the background. It may be doing that cause I'm playing it on the GEST emulator. But if I played it on VBA it wouldn't be in color.

when you play in VBA, do you have SGB enabled?

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
i give up the stupid TGB wont let me use my brown sav file i hav all the pokemon i need to trade on crystal...... :cries: :(

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
No I don't have the SGB Boarder enabled. But it still uses the boarder anyway.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
The contest is OVER! We have our winners!
1. cardboardbox
2. clear
3. pizzakoe
4. Nick (Doesn't go to Pokecommunity)
5. Darkweaville
6. BlueLatios
7. Charles
8. Dominus
9. poddish
10. the.holy.priestess

To those who almost had it, I'll give you all a little gift when Prism's out so you know that you didn't do all that work for nothing.

The prize is...
Spoiler:

So there you go, more Prism goodness.

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
The contest is OVER! We have our winners!
1. cardboardbox
2. clear
3. pizzakoe
4. Nick (Doesn't go to Pokecommunity)
5. Darkweaville
6. BlueLatios
7. Charles
8. Dominus
9. poddish
10. the.holy.priestess

To those who almost had it, I'll give you all a little gift when Prism's out so you know that you didn't do all that work for nothing.

The prize is...
Spoiler:

So there you go, more Prism goodness.

Wow, nice prize. Good job to all of you!

*cries because of his computer being stupid and forcing him not to be one of the 10*

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
-.- the contest is over... I would like to be there (stupid TGB)

but anyway congratulations for the winners! :P

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Darn it! I got pretty far in the game and I save when I cut it off I had two Badges. But the next time when I cut on the game I didn't have any Badges. My saved file got erased!

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2009
Could anyone possibly post the md5 checksum of a correctly patched Pokémon Brown ROM?

I have a Pokémon Red ROM with correct md5 and I patched it with the Pokémon Brown patch from page 1. I've tried playing it in Mednafen and in VBA, and its buggy in both. In Mednafen the game runs fine for about 10 seconds then freezes. Sometimes it makes it to the intro dialogue with Tim(?) but it always freezes at some point. In VBA the graphics are jumbled.

I know my Red ROM is clean and I have been using both emulators successfully for years, so my only guess is that my IPS patcher isn't working right. I'm using JIPS to patch since I can't get Lunar to run under Wine in Linux. So if anyone could post the md5 of a good Brown ROM, or if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Could anyone possibly post the md5 checksum of a correctly patched Pokémon Brown ROM?

I have a Pokémon Red ROM with correct md5 and I patched it with the Pokémon Brown patch from page 1. I've tried playing it in Mednafen and in VBA, and its buggy in both. In Mednafen the game runs fine for about 10 seconds then freezes. Sometimes it makes it to the intro dialogue with Tim(?) but it always freezes at some point. In VBA the graphics are jumbled.

I know my Red ROM is clean and I have been using both emulators successfully for years, so my only guess is that my IPS patcher isn't working right. I'm using JIPS to patch since I can't get Lunar to run under Wine in Linux. So if anyone could post the md5 of a good Brown ROM, or if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!

Try patching with snestool running under DOSbox, I'm a linux user, but I don't do any rom stuff on it anymore since encounting the same problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back