• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Usually problems like this steams from the save and the game it pretains to, not being the same name outside its extension(.dsv, .sav, etc). So if the game is "Pokemon" then the save file must be named "Pokemon" too. The game and save must also be in the same folder.

Did you check that?
Files are named the same. Game and save being put in the same folder doesn't help.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 15, 2014
pokemon ruby/emerald for ds

hi guys im looking for pokemon ruby/emerald or simply a game (hacked) with the 3ed generation of pokemons for ds.
so far ive found just a names like earth ruby or magma ruby but ive never found download for it

so guys there is a game like that?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 15, 2014
please help some 1 im looking for this game for alot of time and i didnt found any yet.. please answer..

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hi yes previous problem still not solved but new problem has appeared. Gave up and deleted everything but the .nds files and tried to run AAI2 on desmume 0.9.9; was going to just run through cases 1 and 2 again. But now I apparently can't use savestates- every time I try it gives me "error saving 1 slot" or whatever. Help. Why.

also 0.9.9 refuses to read any .dsv files. They are there in the Battery folder and named correctly and that but I only have the 'new game' option in the title screen rather than the 'continue' option.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
PokeSav type thing for 3rd gen hacks?

So i'm looking to edit my individual party/pc pokemon but I can't seem to find the right tool. Ciro's pokemon Maker has worked well enough for me, but it doesn't have any info for 4th gen+ and alot of hacks include things from them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I don't think there are any, most hacks either replace some existing Pokémon or add more in a random order, so a tool like that wouldn't really work properly unless it was made for a specific hack.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
If it just did it by pokemon name and not order it would be fine, think Gen III Hacking Suite (i believe that's how it does it).

Is there a not too difficult way to accomplish this otherwise? Hex editing? Zero knowledge about this stuff I just realllyy like statistically perfect pokemon.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
So i'm looking to edit my individual party/pc pokemon but I can't seem to find the right tool. Ciro's pokemon Maker has worked well enough for me, but it doesn't have any info for 4th gen+ and alot of hacks include things from them.
Save editor tools will never be able to comply with hacks with changed Pokemon, especially those with an expanded Pokedex. They're made for the main vanilla game and only for that game, and since hacking isn't always a definite process one will never be able to make one tool for all even if it has INIs to edit. On that note, you should also always be extremely careful with gameshark codes that alter Pokemon because one or two hackers will even alter the cheat codes to prevent cheating.

The surefire way to edit/cheat if you REALLY need to do so would be to edit the Pokemon/NPCs or hack in person events to give you things. Something which I would strongly advise against unless it's unjustly hard or for Nuzlockes with certain Pokemon only (and even then the header can be edited to prevent that from occurring).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 6, 2014
Been playing Ash Gray on the MyBoy emulator. Been playing a version that I got off CoolRoms. Got to the point where the game freezes on Tangelo Islands. I heard its a glitch so I downloaded the latest version. Is there a way to transfer my save that ive been playing into the new version? Ive seen people say patch the game on internet searches ive done, but Im not sure how to do that or what it means. Someone please help. Thanks

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Been playing Ash Gray on the MyBoy emulator. Been playing a version that I got off CoolRoms. Got to the point where the game freezes on Tangelo Islands. I heard its a glitch so I downloaded the latest version. Is there a way to transfer my save that ive been playing into the new version? Ive seen people say patch the game on internet searches ive done, but Im not sure how to do that or what it means. Someone please help. Thanks
Lucky for you, there's a nice tutorial all about it. Read this thread.

As for saves, they're always separate files from the rom. Just name your new version the exact same name as your current one when you replace it, and it'll still be there.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Huh? That's what i'm trying to do, I just need to know how I go about accomplishing that.

Going to the tutorial/tools section would be a start. Normally to edit those you need XSE, AdvanceMap, and Gen III Hacking Suite.

And the XSE tutorial.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
you're more likely to find such a game on the pokemon essentials engine rather than a rom hack.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Are you trying to find a R/S/E hack for the DS? If so you could try out Hoenn Black and White hacks. Which are basically sequels to the Hoenn games. If you are looking for a direct remake you will have better luck finding it on Poke-Mega. Most remakes are usually handled on Essentials, since hacking the DS is insanely challenging.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 3, 2014
I need help....... I am playing dark rising 2, can't figure out how to use my previous ssave data from beta 1 on the complete version. 31 hours. Helpppppp

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 11, 2014
When I load up a rom, it keeps on the black screen, so it looks like I had never opened a rom file.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Please use this thread for any questions you might have regarding emulating ROMs.

Also, please don't post in threads that are over a month old, this thread has been dead for over 7 years.

Back