• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking to Review

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Okay, so I've noticed that this place is totally lacking a good reviewer, or just good reviews in general. So, I'm now taking it upon myself to start reviewing fanfics. I'll have a sign-up list that I'll update. I'll take five at a time right now, and when school slows down a little in the winter, I'll up the list to ten fics at a time. I'll update this first post as I clear out people's fics.

PLEASE CHECK THIS POST BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR A REVIEW!

1. Sapphire Persian -- Metamorphosis
2.Sapphire Persian -- The Ties that Bind

The following is the template that I'll be using to "grade" the fanfic in question.

Mechanics
Basic Grammar: 10 points
Punctuation: 5 points
Sentence Variation: 5 points

20 possible points

General Writing

Creativity: 10 points
Word Choice: 5 points
Dialogue: 5 points
Character Portrayal: 5 points
Descriptions: 5 points

30 possible points

50 POSSIBLE POINTS

I'll paste that template in, and then show what you get out of 5 or 10 points, and then 20, 30, and 50 points.

What do all of those things mean? Glad you asked!!

Basic Grammar: Things like subject/verb agreement, avoiding fragments and run-ons, proper spelling, using adjective and adverbs correctly, etc.

Punctuation: Proper use of periods, question marks, exclamation points, commas, colons, semi-colons, spacing, quotation marks, parenthesis, underlines, bolds, and italics.

Sentence Variation: Using different lengths of sentences, keeping the pattern smooth, adding different phrases and clauses…

Creativity: Using new and exciting characters and situations, creating original settings, characters, or perhaps even Pokemon!

Word Choice: Using exciting and well-thought-on words to accurately depict settings, characters, events, actions, and thoughts.

Dialogue: Using exciting dialogue that fits the character talking and differs with emotions.

Character Portrayal: How you introduce a character and his/her attributes, whether they stay in-character, and if you are using cannon characters, if THEY stay in-character.

Description: How well and often you describe people, events, places, actions, and thoughts.

So, sign up, and I'll review!

Last edited:

evilmetal2004

Hero trainer
Years
well ok
im working on a fanfic right now and i was hoping to get a review of the first chapter..maybe i can get inspired to continue. do you think you can review my first chapter? if so please send me a message to my control panel.

Thank you

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Okay, well, I reviewed evilmetal2004's fic. I'm not going to bite, people. Come on. If you'd like a good review of your fic, more than just the two/three lines most people who read it gives, sign-up. I promise to work hard on the review!

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Nov 7, 2011
Your that eager to review, eh? Well, I wouldn't mind a good review for Metamorphosis .

It's not too long, as the story's not finished, but if length somehow or other steers you away I'm always eager to receive reviews for this one-shot The Ties that Bind

Take your pick of either, and take your time.

Back