• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
Years
Hi I'm new, so I hope I'm doing this right.

I have a 2013 Charizard card with Split Bomb and Scorching Fire. Illus. TOKIYA. 19/113. Has the star so it's apparently rare? The top of it has some shining effect with the circles. Some kind of Holo effect?
I don't remember where I got this card, but it definitely wasn't in 2013, because I didn't start collecting until 2014.
Sorry, I'm really new to this!

Years
Hi I'm new, so I hope I'm doing this right.

I have a 2013 Charizard card with Split Bomb and Scorching Fire. Illus. TOKIYA. 19/113. Has the star so it's apparently rare? The top of it has some shining effect with the circles. Some kind of Holo effect?
I don't remember where I got this card, but it definitely wasn't in 2013, because I didn't start collecting until 2014.
Sorry, I'm really new to this!

The copyright year just indicates what year the set the card was released as a part of was released. It's just for the initial copyright year.

Sounds like you have a Charizard from Legendary Treasures. It's worth between $3 and $5 assuming mint or near-mint condition.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 27, 2015
Hi! I am very new to this, so bear with me!

I've got a Charizard with an 'e' in the very bottom left of the card. In the very bottom right of the card, it reads 146/144 with a black star next to it. The card is holographic (it changes color when you flip it) or w/e it's called, but not the very outline of the card nor the picture where Charizard is. I am not an expert when it comes to judging the condition, but holding it against a light I would say near-mint. The card is intact whatsoever. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Cheers,
Ben

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The thing is that mine doesn't have a crystal background behind Charizard
Do you mean that it's a reverse holo like this?

Ungraded, those go for about £80-£100 in NM condition from what i've seen. Quite a bit less than a standard holo version, but still a decent amount.

Years
Do you mean that it's a reverse holo like this?

Ungraded, those go for about £80-£100 in NM condition from what i've seen. Quite a bit less than a standard holo version, but still a decent amount.

Reverse holos are crazy unpopular in Pokemon, even though the reverse holo Crystal Charizard is a lot rarer than the normal print. Frightening at times, really.

Frankly the reverse holo Crystal Charizard should be worth a fair bit more than the original due to its rarity.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 27, 2015
Do you mean crazy unpopular as in no one is buying them? I would like to get rid of it and the rest of all the cards I found in my basement while moving. I also have quite a few cards that read something like ''1995, 1998, 1999 wizard'' in the bottom. Can you refer to any guide on how to sell my cards or where I can sell them?

Years
Do you mean crazy unpopular as in no one is buying them? I would like to get rid of it and the rest of all the cards I found in my basement while moving. I also have quite a few cards that read something like ''1995, 1998, 1999 wizard'' in the bottom. Can you refer to any guide on how to sell my cards or where I can sell them?

People buy them, it's just a matter of that a lot of people aren't aware they even exist.

And I think there's some guide written up on eBay somewhere on how to sell cards on eBay, but I can't find it.

Online retailers like Troll and Toad might be interested in buying some of your rarer ones for a lower rate than you'd get on eBay, but it'd be easier to get rid of them to a retailer like Troll and Toad than to sell them yourself.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Do you mean crazy unpopular as in no one is buying them?
It's less desirable than a normal holo, but it should still sell.

I also have quite a few cards that read something like ''1995, 1998, 1999 wizard'' in the bottom. Can you refer to any guide on how to sell my cards or where I can sell them?
Do you mean 1995, 96, 98, 99 with a little 1st edition logo to the left of the Pokemon artwork? Those cards can be very valuable and sought after. If you have any holos like that in great condition, you should really consider getting them graded before selling as that will bump up the value even more.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
hi how much is this card worth heres a picture
picture.php

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2016
Can someone help me price my 1st edition cards? All foil/holo or whatever it is called :P

1. Machamp - 1st edition - 8/102 - got a little shadow around the border( Got two of these)
2. Dark Blastoise - 1st edition - 3/82 - shadow around the border
3.Grimer - 1ist edition - 52/82 - shadow around the border
4.Dark Magnetion . 1ist edition - 11/82 - shadow around the border
5. Dark kadabra -1st edition - 39/82 -shadow around border
6.Trainer - Meriipu - 1st edition - 179/82???? - No shadow, No bold text on "meriipu"

Hope it's Ok that i listed all 6 as i dont have to make a new post just to list the last two... Have lots of more foil/holo cards maybe more 1ist edition, have to go through all :)

Will be really greatful for help and guide on value of these cards.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 29, 2015
Hey everyone., my Mum just found a little wallet of some of my old Pokemon cards and I was wondering if they were of any value. They're in mixed shape, one or two have those grubby black spots on the edges from being used, the Japanese ones are all rather worn, but most are decent. IIRC, most of these weren't originally mine, but they were gifted to me by a friend, so I have no idea as to whether they're legit or not, but they all look pretty good. I have no idea what the series were, so apologies that I'm just listing the numbers.
Here's a list of what I have;

Houndoom - 4/75
Poliwrath - 9/75
Smeargle - 11/75
Umbreon - 13/75
Unknown (A) - 14/75
Ursaring - 15/75 (2x)
Wobbufett - 16/75

Skarmory - 13/111

Blaine's Arcanine - 1/132
Lt Surge's Raichu - 11/132
Giovanni's Persian - 8/132
Rocket's MewTwo - 14/132

Erica's Vileplume - 5/132
Lt Surge's Magneton - 8/132
Misty's Seadra - 9/132
Rocket's Moltres - 12/132

Japanese Blaine's Arcanine - No.059 (2x)
Japanese Pichu - No.172
Japanese Amphoros - No.181
Japanese Kingdra - No.230
Japanese Porygon 2 - No.233
With these, Amphoros, Pichu and Kingdra are from the same set (2 white stars?), Arcanine is from a gym set? and Porygon2's set image is of a disc with little things flying off it.

There's also 2x Ancient Mews, but I'm fairly certain they're not worth anything and a bunch of non-shiny rares, including a Mew where the set image just says 'PROMO' with a star and it's numbered simply '8'.

I also have a complete Team Rocket set somewhere and have asked my Mum to let me know when she finds it. IIRC, they're all mint or near mint, as I specifically set out to collect the set and never used/carried them around with me and they all went straight into a binder. This set includes the Raichu card that was numbered after the numbers ended (83/82 if my memory serves me well).

I have pics, but the site rules won't allow me to post them, as I'm a new member.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back