• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

50-50 Challenge

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Okay let me see...
Sceptile
Swellow
Ludicolo
Exploud
Wobbeffet
And absol
That would be an interesting team to use.

Years
Name: Jbsundown
Version: Crystal
Pokedex: Regional
My Picks: Typhlosion, Eevee(evolution to be decided)
# of Pokemon: 5
Other Stipulations: Preferably no NFEs, if it can't be avoided though, it doesn't bother me

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Okay time for a quick first update.

-Did the intro
-Received Blade the male treeko
-Grinded to level 7 and defeated the rival
-Caught a female lotad named Lily
-Helped Wally catch a ralts
-Saved

Etherion

Version: Crystal Dust (Crystal)
My Picks: Slowpoke, Zubat and Cyndaquil
# of Pokemon: 6
Other STipulations: No legendaries, no trade evos, no Kanto-only pokemon, no same type as by 3 above, be kind :)

P.S. Only the Johto league is available in the hack's beta. So... I dont think im gonna finish this challenge because I cant challenge Red.

P.S.S. I need my pokemons ASAP!! Sorry for caps but my family is going on a roadtrip, playing on the car ftw!

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
Years
Name: gio7sm
Version: Crystal Dust (Crystal)
My Picks: Slowpoke, Zubat and Cyndaquil
Other STipulations: No legendaries, no trade evos, no Kanto-only pokemon, no same type as by 3 above, be kind :)

Granbull, Sunflora, and Ariados.
Since you can't battle Red, beat the Elite 4 a second time after Kanto's gyms.

Etherion

Spoiler:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pokemon CrystalDust 50/50 (Update #1)

Current Badges:
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png

Current Team:

quilava.gif

Name: Finn (Adventure Time)
Level: 17
Moves: Tackle|Leer|Smokescreen|Ember

zubat.gif

Name: Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
Level: 13
Moves: Leech Life|Supersonic|Astonish

slowpoke.gif

Name: Darwin (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Level: 10
Moves: Tackle|Curse|Yawn|Mud-Slap

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
ShadeDraco when are you updating the challengers list? because I still don't see my username there.
More progress.
Update 2:
-I caught a male taillow named him Xail
-Defeated the aqua grunt in the forest
-Caught a female whismur named her Clair
-Grinded up everyone to level 13
-While grinding I found a shiny zigzagoon! Too bad my first shiny and I can't use him -_-
-I beat Roxanne easily with both of my grass types and received the Stone Badge
-Lily (lotad) evolved after the battle into a lombre
-Got the pokenav and took the ship to Dewford
-Went to take the fishing rod just because... and gave the Silk Scarf to Clair on the way
-Went through the cave (I know my way) and gave Steven the letter, then I went back to get the exp.share
-Saved
That would do it for now (I really wanted a shiny but of course while I do a challenge and cannot use that one species it shows up) the next update will be soon.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Name: alvmonster
Version: Gold
My Picks: Magmar, Feraligatr
NFE/Legendaries: No/No

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
ShadeDrako when are you updating the challengers list? because I still don't see my username there.

Going to address this real quick. Even if someone is running a challenge, they do have a life outside the forum. Some people have update schedules they abide by as well, and then others just update whenever they can. I know a lot of people are busy with school right now since the end is coming up for many people, so that also plays into this. Asking about updates is a bit rude though, so please refrain from it, and this goes for anybody.

If time goes on and clearly the owner of this challenge isn't signing on anymore, posting in here, or any of that, someone else is free to ask me for ownership of the challenge. But until then, please show the OP some respect by not asking about updates. Thanks for understanding!

Etherion

because of my phone suddenly breaking, corrupting my file in the process i must FORFEIT this (amazing) challenge.. sorry

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Going to address this real quick. Even if someone is running a challenge, they do have a life outside the forum. Some people have update schedules they abide by as well, and then others just update whenever they can. I know a lot of people are busy with school right now since the end is coming up for many people, so that also plays into this. Asking about updates is a bit rude though, so please refrain from it, and this goes for anybody.

If time goes on and clearly the owner of this challenge isn't signing on anymore, posting in here, or any of that, someone else is free to ask me for ownership of the challenge. But until then, please show the OP some respect by not asking about updates. Thanks for understanding!

I also have school and understand the pressure of school and I am sorry, I was not trying to be/sound rude when asking that. I am very sorry ShadeDraco for being rude and offending you and Jak sorry, I won't ask anything like that anymore and did not mean to be rude. I just wasn't sure if something was going on but now I understand thank you for letting me know and I will just wait.

Just one question am I able to post my updates?

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
Years
1: ShadeDraco no k
2: Tomorrow morning
3: I apologize for my lack of logins, but I will get back to weekly updates of the list. (Every Friday morning)

alvmonster: Parasect, Ampharos, Granbull, and Delibird. Have fun!

I also have school and understand the pressure of school and I am sorry, I was not trying to be/sound rude when asking that. I am very sorry ShadeDraco for being rude and offending you and Jak sorry, I won't ask anything like that anymore and did not mean to be rude. I just wasn't sure if something was going on but now I understand thank you for letting me know and I will just wait.

Just one question am I able to post my updates?
Update as you wish. I honestly feel bad for neglecting the list update and earnestly apologize for it.
You didn't insult me because I'm fairly aware of my responsibilities and slacked.

because of my phone suddenly breaking, corrupting my file in the process i must FORFEIT this (amazing) challenge.. sorry

I feel your pain. I hope to see you return to the challenge someday though! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Sorry for misspelling your name in the other post ShadeDraco and thank you for answering my question.

Now for update.
-Grinded everyone to level 17
-Blade evolved into grovyle
-The second gym was a piece of cake with Xail wing attack everything and received the Knuckle Badge
-Gave Capt.Stern the Devon goods (I think)
-Clair evolved while battling a random trainer into loudrer
-Beat the rival
-Defeated Wally
-Xail evolved into Swellow after the family battle
-Saved

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
Years
I beat my rival in the final battle and thought I should post.

Monica the Lonely Delcatty

Spr_3e_301.gif

Faint Attack
Doubleslap
Assist
Attract

Fira the Lax Blaziken
Spr_3e_257.gif

Double Kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Blaze Kick

Pearl the Lax Grumpig
Spr_3e_326.gif

Psywave
Confuse Ray
Psybeam
Shock Wave

Layla the Impish Altaria
Spr_3e_334.gif

Fly
Dragonbreath
Astonish
Safeguard

DOTS the Relaxed Shiftry

Spr_3e_275.gif

Bullet Seed
Thief
Rock Smash
Faint Attack

Polair the Sassy Magneton

Spr_3e_082.gif

Spark
Supersonic
Sonicboom
Thunder Wave

P.S. Sorry Jax about the triple post. It won't happen again... or I'll fix right away if I do it again.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
GucciMeme you can have mantine and sawk.

Update:
-While grinding up everyone to level 27 I found a shiny oddish
-Put him in the box and change the box name to shinies, hoping to find more
-Put rock smash on Clair so it could help me defeat the gym
-Beat Wattson after my 4th/5th time I think and receive the Dynamo Badge
-Defeated Team Aqua leader Archie and receive the meteorite
-Got the egg and hatched a female wynaut
-Named her Jessie and trained her to level 15 so she could evolve
-Trained everyone a bit more
-Defeated Flannery and received the Heat Badge
-Got the Go-goggles... such a wired name
-Went back to Petalburg City
-Battled all the gym trainers
-Saved

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
I'll sign up for this!

Name: HeroesAndCons
Version: Blaze Black
Pokedex: National
My Picks: Galvantula, Feraligatr, Excadrill

Additional suggestions:
- No NFEs or Legendaries please.
- Please don't pick anything with types I have already chosen.
- I would prefer a Flyer if possible.
- Trade evolutions are fine since I am using the Universal Randomiser to change them to level / item evolutions.

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
Years
HeroesandCons, you get Pidgeot, Garbodor, and Hitmonlee. I think these are available ingame, and if they aren't, I'll get you some new ones.

As for me, I want to do Soulsilver!

Name: pleryt17
Version: Soulsilver
Pokedex: Normal
My Picks: Quagsire, Typhlosion, and Victreebell

Edit: 6 Pokemon

Additional Stuff
No NFEs or Legendaries
No trading evolutions
Please get me a Flyer

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
HeroesandCons, you get Pidgeot, Garbodor, and Hitmonlee.

As for me, I want to do Soulsilver!

Name: pleryt17
Version: Soulsilver
Pokedex: Normal
My Picks: Quagsire, Typhlosion, and Victreebell

Edit: 6 Pokemon

Additional Stuff:
No NFEs or Legendaries
No trading evolutions
Please get me a Flyer

Well in all honesty I was hoping for something a bit more imaginative than Pidgeot for my flyer, given the nature of this challenge (there's like 40 pokemon to choose from and you pick the old gen 1 stalwart, LOL) :P The other two picks were pretty nice though, so I guess my team is set then. I'll start off soon, and I've set my starter to Joltik so I can begin right away. Oh and yeah every single Pokemon from the first five generations is available in Blaze Black.

As for your picks, you get Skarmory, Arbok and Tauros. Enjoy!

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
Years
Well in all honesty I was hoping for something a bit more imaginative than Pidgeot for my flyer, given the nature of this challenge (there's like 40 pokemon to choose from and you pick the old gen 1 stalwart, LOL)

I wasn't sure what pokemon were available in the game so I just gave you Pidgeot. If you'd like a reroll, you get.... Golurk! He can learn fly and it's pretty useful for coverage against grass types. I used him in my run of Pokemon X for it and it was amazing.

But I accept my team, and will get started now! Thanks for it!

Back