• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: [General] 5th Generation Pokémon Hacking/Information Consolidation

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
I think I may have found the start of the wild pokemon data

$8A21B44

can anyone confirm this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
Also to anyone who has the rom, such as me. They have placed in an anti piracy method which disables the gaining of experience in battles. It appears this is being worked on though...
Lol that explains a lot. No wonder lol I just thought I was going crazy

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
Also to anyone who has the rom, such as me. They have placed in an anti piracy method which disables the gaining of experience in battles. It appears this is being worked on though...

ya, it's already been patched by hackers (such as myself). It only took like a day to fix that, now they're working on an english patch, which sounds difficult

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Ok, so i found where the .BTX files are for the overworlds (I hope) But i only saw them in Kiwi i couldnt open them as Tahaxan doesent work for me. So if anyone can check it out They might be at a/0/1/4 Go check it out on tahaxan!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
I think I may have found the start of the wild pokemon data

$8A21B44

can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed.

Am working on this for White, will look into for Black and do some serious comparion.

Seems like each location slot have 116 bytes EACH!!!

AND 146 LINES of 116 bytes per line, lol!

Peace. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
O.o

Take the .sseq file SEQ_BGM_POKECEN from Black and overwrite SEQ_GS_WIFITOWER in Heart Gold and go to the Global Terminal. You'll be surprised.
Also, take the Pokemon Center sseq file from HG and overwrite it with the BW PC theme. You'll get another surprising result.

It's probably not a wild guess to imagine the Pokémon Center music was either worked on early in the music process when the instrument numbers were the same as HGSS or that the composer used those patch numbers as a reference when making the song.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
So i tried opening the ows in Tahaxan, but that didnt work so the only other possible thing to do was to extract and open in BTX Editor which doesent recognize the file even thought it IS a .btx So i can't imagine any way to do it unless Magius updates the program. If any of you have an idea of how you could open the .btx files through an other program, please tell me!

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
Years
not mine...... from Barubary
heromfoverworld.png

looper

German Hacker
Years
it's not my achievement, but the boot-screen is hacked:

rhr-nds.bplaced.net/wordpress/archives/26

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
does any one happen to know the hex numbers for attacks yet (i'm talking attacks not tm/hms)

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
...That is if the text can be extracted. thenewpoketext cannot do it.

Software for editting directly isn't everything my friend.
Hacking started and IS STILL deeply rooted in editted HEX as opposed to using tools that make everything seem easier when they're mostly very glitchy.

If they can't use a tool to edit the text directly, they'll do so by using a Hex Editor.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yeah, I have two versions of Black. My dump and my dump with the KazoWAR patch. Text editing does exist. It was done. Very flawed, but still.

Back