• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

L.A The MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
Ok my friend and I are working on a NON pokemon MMORPG.

Since it's a MMO there is no story.
But there are currently 4 classes to choose from Warrior Hunter Mage and Priest. There will eventually be a Rogue calss though.

Made In: Total Eclipse

In association with Cavlian Games, Smurf stuff(lol) and F.O.M

Ok since I plan this to be completed and a be a fairly big project I will need help, so.What I need help with:

Mappers
(I can't do all the mapping myself can I?)

Graphic Desiners
(Im not the greatest and there are alot of things to take care of)

Moderators
(To kick/ban people when they bahave against the rules of the game)

Last but most important: People to have the server running
(I can't do it cause Im not directly connected to the internet and also people from different areas for diffenet timezones)

Screenshots:
(I will use image shack soon)

Team:
Jonsploder
My Friend(not part of PC)
Myself

Last edited:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
OK, I will be a mod if you want. It is a good looking project - I know some-one that is willing to help in game idea. In fact he has 2 pages of Idea's that he showed me - but I could not do them because I was working on another MMO for the moment.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Ok, I now unfortunately due to my parents - have limited net access for a bit. But it will not matter if the server is not up. I suggest that you publish this on other websites to get a greater response. (Just my opinion - although you will probably get a response here - it takes time, believe me.)

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
lol. COME ON GUYS, POST! IT AIN'T THAT HARD!

I see that you are using the MMORPG engine. From the text documents I also see it has an auto-updater, nice. Why dont you make your PC the server? Have you pport forwarded yet?

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Yes, but as a temp server. I mean, its kinda better than having none at all for the moment isn't it? Buy one later - when it gets big, that is what I am doing with my MMORPG.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
I can't use my PC as a server because Im not directly connected to the internet.Im on a LAN.I have to use Wi-Fi.I have thought about drilling a hole from our computer room to my bedrooom(its where my PC is) so I can put a network cable throung and hopefu lly have a server running as soon as possible.But my parents dont really like the idea...But I will argue about it with them soon.Lol........

EDIT:

Woops my bad! My dad has set the fire wall so only he can access it and he won't set the firewall so I can use my PC as a server.He says it will waste up our bandwith(?) but his work pays for it anyway. I would need someone with alot of money to be the server.

Post more please!

Callydude

Last edited:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
LOL, this has happened to me in a different kinda way, but yes that'd be a good idea, OOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR, you could give the server to a trusted friend that is on the PC all the time.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Yeah. Maybe you could save money and buy a server if your game getting big and more supporter.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
I have thought about it but $35 dollars won't get me much.And $24 dollars a month for pocket money isn't really much.But I will buy a piggie bank thing to store all my money in and then buy a server or my own internet connection.The cheapest here in New Zealand is $9.99 a month for Dial Up connection an as most people know that sucks! >:( But I like all your ideas.Keep posting!(I will be back in 10-30 minutes)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Why buy your own server?
You should be able to rent a server for less than $24 a month.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
I understand how you feel, Im aussie, same applies to me. Still the best I can think of is people (friends or other Admins/mods) hosting.

I need to research servers to, so please post any interesting stuff that you find on here. Thx. How is the game going?

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
It's going ok I have fixed up the bug with the hunter class but still need to fix the others.
Im planning on redoing all the graphics but it will take forever with me d oing it.But apart from that Im about to start a new town map but dunno waht ill call it.Also my friend may become the server but im not sure.Weare still thinking about it.ive also decided to change the Priest class to a rogue class because there aren't really any priest kind of sprites.Will put up a screen of the new map when Im done.

Callydude

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
OK, I suggest that you get some more friends helping. Sorry I can't dont have time, and I am working on a MMO of my own. Very time consuming.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
It's ok! :) Since Im on holiday/vactation I have loads of friends over.I have one coming over next week I think.Ill ask him then.Also since hosting costs money we could charge $5.00(NZ/AUS) to play the game.We could plonk it on a CD and send it away or sit on the side of the waiting for some tourist/local that wants a copy.Or we could do something kinda like WoW charge them by CreditCard or just make it you have to pay for a lisence key.Hmmmm........

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
No way don't make your PC a server, I did that for a website and believe me, the internet connection that we get at homes is not enough. And you should obviously ask someone to host the MMO for you, you do not need them to be directly visitable, you could ask a friend or just any person who has a website and is helpful.
Buying a server, oh my god, where will you get that kind of money, most servers that are top class should cost around 2500$, T_T, and you rarely get to see anything that has inferior quality available except a PC, and don't forget you still need an internet lease line, which would be around $250 per month, if you want to offer speed otherwise risk losing players.

I would prefer giving out the server copy of the game as well and let the players choose the server to connect to.

How do you feel after listening to this, not good I know, for MMORPGs, you need wealthy friends or wealth, but generally if you are just starting out, people hosting their own sites, if find your game good, will host it definiately, and if you can get donations for the game you can set up the server as well, but since you start out, first get over with the first version and then ask someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back