• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Hey guys, when you post, please try to say what your script is supposed to do, what it does, and specifically what problems you are having with it (instead of just "This doesn't work"). Also, mention what type of script it is/what it's on (person, sign, trigger [green script tile], or a level script). This will help a lot in trying to fix it.

Toon Link:

You still didn't change some stuff I mentioned. Please, PLEASE inspect your offsets before you post them (You didn't even use message 2 or 6!). Your script won't run because you check flag 0x800 at the beginning and then run the script if it is true. But it is in this script that you set flag 0x800!

There are quite a few mistakes in here. I'll change it to what I think you mean. I've also made it more readable for me and others viewing it.

This script is still not working..
Spoiler:

If you don't understand anything, ask me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash493: Did you copy all the vars and stuff for the event, not just the offset?

tyson: Before changing anything, what type of script is this? (person, sign, trigger, or level)

EDIT: jebees: I'm not too familiar with that particular special, but going back to Vermillion would make sense for that event, no? I wouldn't be surprised if it warps you; I worked with some of the Safari Zone scripts and quite a few of the warps are hard-coded.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
So RayCrow, do I put movesprite2 in place of apply movement or in addition to apply momvement?

I have the script, can you tell me where it is supposed to go?

Script (ruby):
Spoiler:

Last edited:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
PlatniumPiano: Cave Dude

In addition to. I'm not sure it will work, but give it a try. Otherwise, it will probably be more complicated.

So RayCrow, do I put movesprite2 in place of addply movement or in addition to apply momvement?

I have the script, can you tell me where it is supposed to go?

Script (ruby):
Spoiler:

Make sure to recompile this script with the dynamic offsets so you don't overwrite anything and screw it up.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
So Raycrow, I tried movesprite2 but then the sprite just dissapeared 0_0

And still comes back when I re-enter the town.

Do you want the script to see whats wrong?

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
GUYS HELP ME WITH THIS SCRIPT AND STOP IGNORING ME:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
tyson said:
I had a man outside the mart door,with a script tile in front of him.

You shouldn't do this. Check the flag again.

Spoiler:

You have the giveitem syntax wrong:

Spoiler:

Try this:

Spoiler:

Make sure you have the trigger set to always execute. Let me know if it works.

EDIT:

NOTBOB!!! JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU SEE THIS!!! AHHHH!!!
CLICK HERE!!!

Last edited:

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
You shouldn't do this. Check the flag again.

Spoiler:

You have the giveitem syntax wrong:

Spoiler:

Try this:

Spoiler:

Make sure you have the trigger set to always execute. Let me know if it works.

EDIT:

NOTBOB!!! JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU SEE THIS!!! AHHHH!!!
CLICK HERE!!!
Dude, it says type mismatch on line 41 (a.k.a. setflag FR_RUNNINGSHOES)

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
FR_RUNNINGSHOES

You may have an older version of XSE, as XSE includes this definition list by default. Try pressing Ctrl+U to update or just change FR_RUNNINGSHOES to 0x82F. Try compiling again, and if you have more problems just ask me.

Toon Link, no problem, glad to help.

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Well it worked Raycrow,and thanks,but how do I make the OW go inside the building,I mean what movement is it?

Oh, you wanna do that? Try this, you should know what to do.

Spoiler:

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
You may have an older version of XSE, as XSE includes this definition list by default. Try pressing Ctrl+U to update or just change FR_RUNNINGSHOES to 0x82F. Try compiling again, and if you have more problems just ask me.

Toon Link, no problem, glad to help.
The script works, but it lets you get the running shoes over and over. Also I have a slight request, can you make it so that you can deliver the Pokemon (Oak's Parcel)? After that, I'm going to make a script where you find the thief and ask for the Pokemon (using the running shoes flag, so that way the guy appears when you get the running shoes), then you ask for the rest and he battles you with the opposite type of Pokemon, then he gives you the Pokemon (Oak's Parcel) and you return to the professor and he gives you 5 poke balls and the pokedex. What should be inserted into the script, what should the second one look like, and can you fix my script?

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Sorry Raycrow,but the script you gave me worked(the one you did the first time)but when I go back to the tile,he keeps saying "Say hi to PROF.OAK for me",I thought the setflag shoulda made it go once,and nothing else after that.

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
Sorry Raycrow,but the script you gave me worked(the one you did the first time)but when I go back to the tile,he keeps saying "Say hi to PROF.OAK for me",I thought the setflag shoulda made it go once,and nothing else after that.
Same thing happens with me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2009
i made a script for when you walk at of your house steven walks up to you and says that his friend is on a trip to another region eversense that script no battls in my game work like the first battle in game is your rivel right so when you get to battle her the game freese so i tryed another battle same thing happend i need help i think it has some thing to do with advance trainer because i added more trainers to the roster (only two trainers where added)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
i made a script for when you walk at of your house steven walks up to you and says that his friend is on a trip to another region eversense that script no battls in my game work like the first battle in game is your rivel right so when you get to battle her the game freese so i tryed another battle same thing happend i need help i think it has some thing to do with advance trainer because i added more trainers to the roster (only two trainers where added)

Nice to know, but NOBODY CAN HELP U IF U DON'T POST THE SCRIPT!
USE SOME COMMON SENSE AND POST THE SCRIPT, WE'RE NOT PSYCHIC.
(that goes for everyone, please use some common sense. ROM Hackers aren't psychic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back