• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
Pokemon names can be changes using N-E-A_05, species, height and weight can all be changed in hex unless there is an extended Pokeroms.ini file that can run FR/LG USA roms.

i was thinking that hex would be the answer
but how would you change it?
i don't know what to look for and what to change

~

and i have a problem with the border in my hack
i changed the tilesets in the player's room to those of the pier
and the border also changed from black (which was the ninth tile) to grass (which is the current ninth tile)
so in elite map i tried to change it to black, and saved
but every time i reloaded the map, the border was back to grass
then in advance map i changed the border to black but then i got this
no matter what other border i chose it always ended up as this
border.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Prof. 9 said:
I'm editing the intro text of Fire Red (US). But I don't think this is right:
Screenshot from Advance Text:
temporarypi4.png

As you can see, I edited the first part of the intro message. But when I open this in VBA, this is what I get:
temporaryjo2.png

So, what am I doing wrong?

Check in hex, might have a FF=END code there.

Hyunbin said:
i was thinking that hex would be the answer
but how would you change it?
i don't know what to look for and what to change

The Species is basically text so that should not be hard to changes as you can just search for that, but changing the Height and Weight would be a trial and error. So you probably have to change the number codes, one by one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
Thanks how can i edit the pokemon spirits the program i got from the tutorial has like all blured spirits and i cant see the pictures

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Zi212 said:
Thanks how can i edit the pokemon spirits the program i got from the tutorial has like all blured spirits and i cant see the pictures

Open up Unlz.gba with a rom, it should contain all of the sprites, remember they are in the 100's to the 1000's.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Prof. 9 said:
Ok... how do I do that? I have Hexecute and Hex Workshop.

Open up the rom and a table file, then search for the part of text you editted and see if it contains an end of text code with is FF.

Years
Open up the rom and a table file, then search for the part of text you editted and see if it contains an end of text code with is FF.
And, eh... where can I find a table file?

EDIT: Never mind, I found one, but how do I use it?

EDIT2: Nope, it doesn't, here's what it says:
the\lcreaturesth

I changed the \l into an \n, but it stayed the same.
Now I changed all the \l's into \n's, but now the VBA crashes when I try to open the ROM.

EDIT3: Well, I dunno HOW I did it, but it works fine now. Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
ok two things

1. When i try to open my rom it says .bak do i change to gba?

2. the spirits are still blured on the hack >.<

please help

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
ok two things

1. When i try to open my rom it says .bak do i change to gba?

2. the spirits are still blured on the hack >.<

please help

1. That's just a backup in case your ROM gets corrupted. The .gba file will still be there.

2. The spirits?

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2007
Ok in hex editor most trainers use this structure: [Level][Pokemon](x the Amount of Pokemon that use this structure)[FF]
Gym Leaders and rivals basically use: [Level][Pokemon][Move1][Move2][Move3][Move4](x the Amount of Pokemon that use this structure)[FF]
Some Pokefans use this structure: [Level][Pokémon][Item](x the Amount of Pokemon that use this structure)[FF]

Ok , do you know any good hex editors for newbie's , and thanks for the information.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
1. That's just a backup in case your ROM gets corrupted. The .gba file will still be there.

2. The spirits?

oh i mean the pictures when using one of the programs from a guide here *forgot name* its all blured say i cant see bulb to edit his pic

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
@BlackDragonite (on windows) right click on your rom and click on properties, there should be two tabs (general and advanced) somewher near the bottom of the general tab there should be attributes, check the box labeled "read only" is not ticked. If you have a mac, it might be the same, i dunno.....

@Slog For a hex editor, check the toolbox section, especially this thread.
Or you know, google will have the answer

@Zi212 You need to explain your problem with more detail, i don't understand what you're asking

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
slog said:
Ok , do you know any good hex editors for newbie's , and thanks for the information.

Try Translhextion, Hexposure or Thingy 32.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Ok, I give up.
Is there a easier or just an other program to change pokemon names?

The easiest way to edit the names is with N-E-A. Just extract the file, keep the ini files in the same folder and open your ROM. Nothing hard.

Prof.Redwood

Researcher
Years
this is more of an I-haven't-been-keeping-up post but a while back someone was working on a program that lets you change where you start so you don't have to do the scripts concerning the truck in RSE.. Did this ever get finished? it might have been mew3 working on it but I dont remember

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2007
Hello, I am new to hacking and I have a few questions I would like some help with if its not a problem.

(1) If I changed where the location of something is, how do I go to that location? EX: If I make a house with stairs and the stairs are in a different location how do I go down there. I need to know how to connect it to the downstairs.

(2)How do I change the title screen and title screen text? I have read many tutorials but still don't get it. Could some one please make a pretty easy to understand tutorial?

(3) How do I get different sprites? Such as the GSC ones that Zel has.

Thanks for you time. I really appreciate it.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
The easiest way to edit the names is with N-E-A. Just extract the file, keep the ini files in the same folder and open your ROM. Nothing hard.

Ok, just one more time (i hope):
I copyed every ini file i have into the folder with the hack, but there is still this run time error (file missmatch).

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Ok, just one more time (i hope):
I copyed every ini file i have into the folder with the hack, but there is still this run time error (file missmatch).

No, no, you got it all wrong.
Don't move the Inis into the Folder with the hack.
Put the inis in the Folder with N-E-A.

If that still doesn't work, you can use POKEMON AMPLIFIER to edit Pokemon Names too.

Hello, I am new to hacking and I have a few questions I would like some help with if its not a problem.

(1) If I changed where the location of something is, how do I go to that location? EX: If I make a house with stairs and the stairs are in a different location how do I go down there. I need to know how to connect it to the downstairs.

(2)How do I change the title screen and title screen text? I have read many tutorials but still don't get it. Could some one please make a pretty easy to understand tutorial?

(3) How do I get different sprites? Such as the GSC ones that Zel has.

Thanks for you time. I really appreciate it.

1. You need to use eithier EliteMap or AdvanceMap and move the "warp" in "Events" view, to the new position you made the stairs. Or you can make a new warp.

2. There is no easier tutorial. The process is quite advanced and complicated and will take alot of patience and work. Just use this tutorial: http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80975

3. You need to create your own, or have someone else create them, then insert them into your ROM with various tools. For "OVERWORLDS" you can use the Overworld Editor, for Trainer Sprites and Pokemon Sprites, and lots of other ones, things like PokePic, Unlz.gba, and other tools can be used.

I'm assuming your Hacking an Advanced Game, ofcourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back