• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cause Normals can't touch Specials - *~Ghost Pokemon Fan Club*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
Ghost Type Fan Club!

292Shedinja.png

Welcome to the Ghost Type Fan Club! I'm Gigabeat, the current owner of the club. Pokemon type fan clubs are aplenty, and if you stopped by out thread to have a look and consider signing up, do it if you feel like it or just have a love for ghost Pokemon! I'm going to try to make this club as special and outstanding as possible, making this a fun place for all with positive discussion and a nice environment to chill. The sign up form template is in the thread, please do consider joining us!

Rules
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Groups' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to keep active!
4. Everyone can choose one partner Pokemon from the list upon joining and a nickname it if you want.
5. No plagiarism of artwork or written work for club tournaments or contests, or any other event. Doing so gets you disqualified from the competition. Three strikes and you will be dissmissed. Hopefully it won't come to that. :)
6. Respect others opinions and don't start an argument because of different views (E.G. Chandelure is better than Gengar)

Infractions system
1. Committing any of the above offenses results in you gaining one infraction point.
2. Receiving two infraction points gets you a two day temporary ban from the club.
3. Upon receiving three infractions, you will be removes from the club.
4. An offense may warrant more than one infraction point on a case by case basis.
5. Infraction points may go away with time.

Sign-Up Form

Here is where you fill in the sign up form and make a post below with all details filled in to apply to join the club. If you're considering this, please do!
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Reason for joining:
What made you want to join:

Staff Application
Below contains how to apply for a staff position to the club, the prerequisites and much more.

1. To apply for a staff position, PM me with the following information:
Why you want to be staff:
How do you think you can contribute as a staff member:
How much time do you have on PC a day:

When enough people apply for a position, we will have a poll to vote for the staff member, or it can be decided by me or other staff.

Open Positions

--

Contribution Points

Contribution Points are something I've put in place to help promote activity. They can be used in the Ghost Market near the bottom of the thread for various items!

Comtribution Points can be earned on a case by case basis by:
-Answering to a topic (answer quality and all that is a big factor here)
-Winning contests or tournaments
-Helping to contribute to the club.
- Being a wonderful,active and contributing member.

Contribution Points will be stated beside the user's name in the Member list.

Pokemon List

Here is a reference for all the ghost type pokemon that there currently is up to X and Y. It'll be updated as new Pokwmon are officially added, but that's not in a long time. Also, alternate forms are not avaliable as partner Pokemon by default. You'll have to earn it. ;)

092.png
093.png
094.png
200.png
292.png
302.png
353.png
354.png
355.png
356.png
425.png
426.png
429.png
442.png
477.png
478.png
479.png
487.png
562.png
563.png
592.png
593.png
607.png
608.png
609.png
622.png
623.png
679.png
680.png
681.png
708.png
709.png
710.png
711.png

Members List
The members list with all the club members will be updated here.
- Gigabeat
425.png
(5 CP)

- CloysterOyster
477.png
(5 CP)

- Nymphadora
094.png
(5 CP)

- Hikamaru
609.png
(5 CP)

- Sheep
354.png
(0 CP)

User Bars
We currently don't have any user bars yet. But I'm sure that we'll be having some soon enough!

Plaza
Here is where some of the fun things happen! Read this in detail to get an understanding of the different things going on in the club!

Current Topics
Spoiler:

Current Tournaments and Contests
Spoiler:

Ghost Market
Here is where the contributions to the club come to use. Your points can be redeemed for various perks! Please check it out.

Pokeball(10 CP)-
pokeball.png
: A ball that can be used to gain an extra first stage partner Pokemon that it capable of evolving further.

Greatball (25 CP)-
greatball.png
: A ball that can be used to gain any second stage partner Pokemon that is capable of evolving further.

Ultraball (40 CP) -
ultraball.png
: A ball that can be used to gain any partner Pokemon that are official.

Cherish Ball (100 CP) -
pokeball.png
: A ball that can be displayed. It may have some future use.

Shiny Sand (80 CP) -
stardust.png
: A sand that turns one partner pokemon shiny upon use.

Genetic Code (80 CP) -
upgrade.png
: Code that when applied to a Pokemon changes it permanently to its alternate forme.

Time Spary (80 CP)-
maxrepel.png
: A spray that resets one partner Pokemon to its first stage if any.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokemon: Dusknoir
Reason for joining: I love Ghost-types
What made you want to join: I love Ghost-types and I'm good at using them in battle. Love giving an opponent a major status change and then blasting them with Hex. I do this with Dusknoir, Chandelure and a few other Ghost-types.
Current topic: Chandelure, because he is good offensively and defensively. Offensively, using a tandem of Will-O-Wisp and Confuse Ray leaves my opponent wide open, and then taking them out with Shadow Ball, Inferno or another power move. Defensively, Chandelure takes a lot of hits unless it's struck with a well-placed Ghost, Dark or Water move. Giratina has to be my most favorite though, being a legendary dragon with a unique dual typing and unfathomable power. Love bashing foes with Shadow Force.

Btw, in the topic spoiler, change it to Ghost, it says Steel :p

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokemon: Gengar.
Reason for joining: Wanted to join a new club, and since I was a fan of ghost-types, this seemed like a perfect fit!
What made you want to join: See above, haha.

Which ghost Pokemon is your favourite and why?
Most likely Gengar. It looks quite amazing design-wise, and it's pretty good of a battler as well. Plus, it's said to be the shadow of Clefable, which raises my interest in it even more. Second favorite would probably have to be Chandelure, but only due to competitive reasons. :p

Years
Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokemon: Chandelure
Reason for joining: Ghost-types are really awesome, so yeah why not?
What made you want to join: Just read what I said, because I love Ghost-types.

I have quite a good load of personal fave Ghosts, Litwick line is one, because I love how powerful Chandelure is as a special attacker plus I love the whole line's designs too. I've even had loads of fun enjoying the Honedge and Phantump lines lately, Aegislash and Trevenant surely are pretty good attackers. Duskull also gets a little mention due to being cute and my first-ever shiny in a Pokemon game.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
I'm glad that you guys stopped by and applied! You three are all approved. I've added your names to the member list and changed the topic from steel to Ghost. My bad. Thanks CloysterOyster! Let's get the discussion rolling!

Current Topic

Which ghost type is the most viable in competitive play?

Let's get postin'!

Last edited:
Years
My ghosties~!

Username: Sheep
Partner Pokemon: Banette
Reason for joining: Like others, I love ghost types. They were actually my favorite type for many years and will forever be my #2 now, right after electric. :)
What made you want to join: I was a member of the old ghost club so there was no way I'd pass this one up! Gotta show ghosts my love!

I have several favorites but Banette will always be my top, I loved it so much I trained 2 of them to lv. 100 in Sapphire. Pumpkaboo and Phantump are adorable too! Sableye and Misdreavus will also be one of my favorites forever despite being slightly underrated.

Years

I think everyone's almost gonna agree with me here, Gengar. It's got the stats that define a special sweeper, high Speed and Sp. Attack coupled with some useful coverage moves, and he only just got better this generation due to the presence of Fairy-types meaning he can now make more use of his Poison STAB. Ghost also now hitting Steel neutrally was also another benefit because he now doesn't have to resort to Focus Blast to get past some of them. And his Mega Evolution was so broken it had to be banned, not kidding.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Have to agree with Hikamaru here; offensively, Gengar is quite amazing. It could take down plenty of Pokémon on its own without any stats boost at all. Defensively, though, I think it's gotta be Dusknoir. It makes a great tank; it has enough bulk to endure hits, and enough Attack and Special Attack stats to hit back. :P

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
My ghosties~!

Username: Sheep
Partner Pokemon: Banette
Reason for joining: Like others, I love ghost types. They were actually my favorite type for many years and will forever be my #2 now, right after electric. :)
What made you want to join: I was a member of the old ghost club so there was no way I'd pass this one up! Gotta show ghosts my love!

I have several favorites but Banette will always be my top, I loved it so much I trained 2 of them to lv. 100 in Sapphire. Pumpkaboo and Phantump are adorable too! Sableye and Misdreavus will also be one of my favorites forever despite being slightly underrated.

Glad to see that you applied, Sheep! Yup, Ghosties are fun lil' Pokemon. I hope this club would be as good or even better than the last ghost club! Enjoy your stay here, you've been approved. ;)

I think everyone's almost gonna agree with me here, Gengar. It's got the stats that define a special sweeper, high Speed and Sp. Attack coupled with some useful coverage moves, and he only just got better this generation due to the presence of Fairy-types meaning he can now make more use of his Poison STAB. Ghost also now hitting Steel neutrally was also another benefit because he now doesn't have to resort to Focus Blast to get past some of them. And his Mega Evolution was so broken it had to be banned, not kidding.

Yup, kinda went through Smogon and it was kinda of a big thing. It's stats were pretty bad, though. An unboosted 0HK0 wouldn't be much of a problem. The type changes were definetly to his advantage, and his moves would get STAB too. But some people still prefer Focus Blast for the type advantage that it offers.

Have to agree with Hikamaru here; offensively, Gengar is quite amazing. It could take down plenty of Pokémon on its own without any stats boost at all. Defensively, though, I think it's gotta be Dusknoir. It makes a great tank; it has enough bulk to endure hits, and enough Attack and Special Attack stats to hit back. :P

True, but he dosen't have enough HP, that's one flaw. Secondly he actually dosen't have much STAB, but if you're using him as a tank that dosen't actually matter too much. Pain Split can be a game changer, too.

What Ghost Pokemon do you think is the most viable for competitive play?

I'd have to go with Jellicent. It can be a game changer. It's blessed with pretty cool defesive and offensive capabilities that allow it to be sticking around for a decent amount of time, and Recover is very useful. It's movepool also has WoW, which can greatly hinder a sweeper and it has wonderful STABs such as Hydro Pump and Shadow Ball. Other moves can be ice beam, energy ball etc.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Which Ghost-type is the most viable in competitive play?

I agree with Gengar being a power player, he's difficult to defend against and hard to attack at times. When an opponent changes him to his Mega form, I have a hard time taking him down with his stats being so high and using Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball to take me apart.

Giratina is a huge power player as well, a well-built tank. I normally have Giratina in its Origin Forme to avoid Ground attack hitting it, and I have to have Aura Sphere to take out those pesky Ice and Dark-types that threaten Giratina. Shadow Force and Draco Meteor are must-haves too, and Psychic I use as a "finish off" move.

Chandelure is another I like to use in battle, its stats are good and it can withstand attacks for awhile. I give mine Inferno, which most of the time burns my foe, and that helps me take them down faster. I also use Shadow Ball to attack and status moves like Will-O-Wisp and Confuse Ray to deal double damage to my opponent should they get hurt in their confusion and hurting from the burn at the same time.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've never used Giratina before competitively, as I'm not into Ubers. In-game, though, I definitely have, and it's great. Its base HP is 150, which, if you ask me, is absolutely huge. Also, it's got two forms--altered and origin. If you wish to go with altered, it could make a great wall for your team. If you use origin, it could be a sweeper to having more offensive stats. It has a ton of moves in its arsenal, too, most of which are very useful. If I plan on making an Ubers team at some point in future, I'll make sure to include Giratina somewhere along the line. :]

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
I've never used Giratina before competitively, as I'm not into Ubers. In-game, though, I definitely have, and it's great. Its base HP is 150, which, if you ask me, is absolutely huge. Also, it's got two forms--altered and origin. If you wish to go with altered, it could make a great wall for your team. If you use origin, it could be a sweeper to having more offensive stats. It has a ton of moves in its arsenal, too, most of which are very useful. If I plan on making an Ubers team at some point in future, I'll make sure to include Giratina somewhere along the line. :]

After all, it is a legendary Pokemon and most of them have pretty wonderful stats. Access to awsome moves like WoW and Shadow Force (which is a favourite of mine). It's also very hard to wall but it's off snes are somewhat lacking if you play Uber, but it's just there to wall anyway. Same Nymphdora, I don't like to do Ubers that much because every Pokemon can be used in there, and a team of 6 legendaries is pretty meh. But some people like it, and that's fine.

I'll be moving on to the next topic, I suppose. Anyone up for a little contest of sorts? I'll be probably be spriting, writing or coming up with theories of sorts, but if anyone wants to suggest something feel free to post it below. ;)

Topic is now Closed. Thanks for taking part!

All users that have participated and posted quality comments and furthered discussion will be awarded 5 CP. Use it wisely!

What ghost do you think has the best sprite design or artwork?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really like Dusknoir sprite. To me, it looks quite amazing. I also really like mega Gengar's. There's a ton of others, though, including Giratina, Haunter, Shuppet, Duskull, Chandelure, and so on--it'd be impossible to list them all.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
I really like Dusknoir sprite. To me, it looks quite amazing. I also really like mega Gengar's. There's a ton of others, though, including Giratina, Haunter, Shuppet, Duskull, Chandelure, and so on--it'd be impossible to list them all.

Yup. I particularly am fond of Giratina-A and Froslass, as well as the Dusknior pose. Anyway, we'll be having our first contest. I hope this turns out to be a success!

Contest #1

Sprite Fusion Contest!

Rules:

-Fuse a sprite of your partner Pokemon with any other Ghost Pokemon or a Pokemon that is part ghost type. All Pokemon must be official Gamefreak created Pokemon.

- No plagiarism or copying of any artowork that is not yours. The deadline for this Contest will be set for 22nd Febuary 2013. Deadline is flexible.

Prizes:

-Winner: -- (20 CP)
--
Photo%2016-2-14%203%2042%2046%20pm.png
Trophy x1

NEW TOPIC!

What do you feel are the biggest draws to using Ghost Pokemon in competitive play or just in battle to win?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What do you feel are the biggest draws to using Ghost Pokemon in competitive play or just in battle to win?
Ghost-types are very useful when battling, as they're not super-effective against anything aside from dark and ghost itself. Plus, they have two immunity; one over normal, and another over fighting. In competitive scene, both of these types are pretty common. Most ghost Pokémon have Levitate ability and float in air, which grants them immunity over ground-types as well. :)

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
Ghost-types are very useful when battling, as they're not super-effective against anything aside from dark and ghost itself. Plus, they have two immunity; one over normal, and another over fighting. In competitive scene, both of these types are pretty common. Most ghost Pokémon have Levitate ability and float in air, which grants them immunity over ground-types as well. :)

Yup, well said. In particular the immunities over Normal and Fighting are the most appealing to me. Coupled with a well timed switch it's basically a free turn for you to set up. Ghosties also have access to some very useful and / or powerful moves such as Hex, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak and the like.

Years

As Peitharchia said, the main things Ghost-types have going for it is their key immunities to Normal and Fighting moves as well as not having many weaknesses aside from Dark and Ghost. Normal and Fighting-types tend to be common in competitive play so that makes most Ghosts get an edge, and some also have immunity to Ground thanks to the Levitate ability a fair few of them possess, and also Drifblim's secondary Flying-type. Ghost Pokemon tend to be able to perform both offensive and defensive roles effectively, making them a force to be reckoned with.

Years
Username: AoTora
Partner Pokemon: Misdreavous
Reason for joining: I love ghost types! And I love how hard they can be affected.
What made you want to join: I love the club's first page's design.

Which is your favourite ghost type pokemon and why? My favourite one is Banette - I just love everything about it and I really love it's mega evolution! My second one is froslass though - I love it's typing :3

Schizii

Always tired.
Years
It'd be criminal of me not to join this club. xD;;

Username: Schizii
Partner Pokemon:
710.png

Reason for joining: I absolutely adore Ghost types. They've been my favourite typing since Gen 1, and have continued to remain at the top for me. ;D I'm also new, so this seems like a great way for me to get to know some people with common interests and maybe make some friends. ;u;
What made you want to join: All of the above reasons. Plus, this set up for this club is incredibly interesting! I like the idea of points to keep members active, and the prizes are a nice touch~ :3

Which ghost Pokemon is your favourite and why?: My favourite would have to be Banette~
I'm a big fan of Gen 3 and the design of Banette really caught my eye. Not to mention, its descriptions have brought rise to interesting stories and theories in the pokemon fandom. When it was given a ME in X&Y, I flipped. xD I liked how the design was accommodating to the style of X&Y, but it still retained the elements to make it look like a believable evolution of Banette. Some of the ME I felt didn't do that well. :X
Also, I enjoy Banettes versatile move pool. It functions pretty well for me competitively, since mine's geared towards Sp. Att. and having moves like Thunderbolt or Flamethrower at hand is a nice surprise for my opponent. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back