• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Villainous Team Speculation!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I actually think it'd be interesting if the villainous team could win and rule supreme for a fairly long period of time.

Maybe that's just me. I like how N managed to defeat the League but I thought you beat him far too early after that, there wasn't really any time for it to get started.

I rather enjoyed seeing the Plasma Frigate wreak destruction over Opelucid City, it's that sort of thing I think it'd be interesting to see in the new team. Using sheer force to maintain power.

Again, like I said, maybe that's just me.
Tbh I did too... same goes for when Galatic let loose that bomb which shock all of Sinnoh even all the way to Canalave city, and the whole taking the legendary lake trio and succeeding, sadly he had no use for them unlike N who actually used the legend he caught, Magma and Aqua couldn't control theirs...while Rocket ignored the legends completely, hmm interesting how there's a progression in the view and use of legends, perhaps the next group will capture the legend and rule the league as champ already by the time we arrive rather that right at the moment like with N who's rule lasted as long as Blue's in RGBY lol.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
Heh, i gotta agree with you MRAS, i really hope they bring team Galactic back, maybe even better than before, or at least Cyrus.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I'd kinda like it if there was no team, and there was just a single villain. Like Agent J.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd kinda like it if there was no team, and there was just a single villain. Like Agent J.

Just one would be awesome, I mean, for a while we figured that N could possibly take on that role if it wasn't for Team Plasma, and given N's influence on B/W, chances are it might actually be possible this generation if it's just one person you think/are fighting against!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Eh, I dunno about that.

Evil teams exist to add morals to the story. Children shouldn't necessarily be left to their whims. It's really a part of human nature to want to put a stop to a malevolent syndicate and be the good guy, and in many cases when you're fighting the evil team, you get commended and thanked for saving a small business, or the like. There are also moments when the bad guys are up to no good and you stop them without anyone around to recognize you for your hard work. One of the many morals that fighting an evil team comes with is that not every good deed goes rewarded. Another important thing is that your in-game family and friends all mention that your Pokemon are always growing closer together with you and as a team. This indicates to children that it's important to stick together and bonds between friends is an advantage against any adversary.

There's also all that bulbous about being a hero and standing up for what's good and just when even the local law enforcement seems incapable of keeping the peace, but a new mafia is definitely needed for Gen VI, imo. Without them, kids will go on playing without seeing that people need a good somaritan every once in a while to do what nobody else in town seems capable of accomplishing.

My point is, I'm not sure if just a single person would accomplish feats and provide morals of lessons that a whole team can do, but, it'd be quite interesting if it turns out that way. Unless maybe there is a single true "evil villain" and he/she have followers who do not agree with their plan, and would rather put money on the table than capture a legendary pokemon or something.

Years
Maybe instead of a vast evil team, but yet not one person they could introduce a tight group of Six or Seven powerful trainers who battle you multiple times...like what they could've done with the sages but didn't. They can be based on a super tight secretive cult looking to create a new world order...hey we had PETA, and ecoterrorists, and crazy god wannabes so why not a Illuminati version?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
^That would be cool if each of the "sages" had separate, interesting personalities. Maybe there would be no specific "leader", similar to the way the Kimono Girls thing worked, and they would all be focused on a single area? Wait, for that to work, there would have to be at least nine, one for each gym, and in this scenario I suppose the last one, the E4 one, would be a leader of some sort. Yeah, this would be interesting, but I think GF may have had enough of the "cult" thing with Galactic...but it would still be quite epic, especially if at least one or two of those "sages" were female.

Or, get this- the Interpol is the evil team! They've gone bad and stuff, except for a few of them who try to work with you to bring the agency down from the inside. Plus, this would give you the excuse to dress up in a cool costume like in HGSS with the Radio Tower. And also, we'd get to see Looker again. Wow, this is reminding me of the BW2 speculations when I saw some person speculating that Looker would form an ultimate evil team from the captured former executives of the teams he and the Interpol had brought down...it was by far both the weirdest and most epic idea ever. :P

Years
I would perfer if they had them wonder around, in the end they could gather and battle you two on two (you and rival) and if there were a seventh you rival allows you to take them on your own, or perhaps the rival distracts while you go get the legend or at least put a stop to it. When you return she or he could have been defeated forcing you to stop the big bad on your own.

Hopefully the evil team will have more ambitious admins, the sage minus two came off as extremely passive, letting themselves be captured so easily, and most of which left all together. I'll like it if the admins compete against one another to either impress the boss or consolidate power (I got this idea from my history class where we talked about how Hitler's cabinet acted amongst themselves in this fashion.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
In all the pokemon games, I kinda liked crime organizations, however the average bad guys (eg. team rocket grunt) were stupidly weak. In white 2, I took out the entire team plasma frigate with one pokemon - Excadrill. Not only that, but they just weren't that fun to battle with.
The only people I actually had fun battling were the executives or leaders of the crime organization (such as N).

I want the villainous teams to return, only if Game Freak make them tougher this gen. Of course, I also wouldn't mind having only seven or eight powerful trainers teaming up against you. Just to freshen the series a bit.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I think it'll be based on space...again...cause Team Rocket,Team Galactic,the only one that doesn't relate to space is Team Aqua/Team Magma...and I think they'll be using Dark,Poison,Ghost,or Psychic types

Years
I think it'll be based on space...again...cause Team Rocket,Team Galactic,the only one that doesn't relate to space is Team Aqua/Team Magma...and I think they'll be using Dark,Poison,Ghost,or Psychic types
Actually they all have to do with science terms (Rocket I'm guessing comes from Rocket Science), with Aqua being latin for water (which is used often in science), and Magma representing a stage in the rock cycle, Galactic refers to space science, and Plasma to the fourth stage of matter. So keeping with the science theme it could be Genetic, Spherical, etc.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If there's anything I want, I just want to have their motivation to be world domination. I felt like Unova stepped away from this initially then sort of returned to it in B2/W2, but I miss the days of Team Rocket just trying to take over whatever they could in hopes of being able to use it to control the region/world. Maybe a more involved storyline than that, but if that was the endgame of their plans I'd be a happy camper.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd actually love to see something like that as well, but I doubt that they'd make you have your Pokémon stolen. A lot of the player base probably wouldn't like it, but I definitely would. Having to make do with whatever they'd give you to fight to get your own Pokémon back would be a really good story moment.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I wholeheartedly agree. After five generations being the untouchable hero who is just a kid is getting ridiculous. For starters, you're just a kid. It can't be that hard for a group of adults to manipulate a child into doing something they want. They did it with N, but the hero? Pshh, impossible. I think I said this in another thread but I want to see consequences for our actions instead of having a perfectly linear storyline.

Of course, it's not going to happen, because why fix what isn't broken ;_;

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i think the new team may think that pokemon s are far too powerful and thus dangerous so they might actually try to kidnap and catch pokemon it would be cool i think :D

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would love to see the Evil team succeed during a part of the game. I think it would be interesting if they "stole" all of your Pokemon and locked you up in their hide-out. Somehow you would manage to break free, and you'd find find one of your Pokemon in the cell next to yours, but just one. You would free him, and you would try to flee from the hide-out. While you are escaping, you would have to battle some members of the evil organization, eventually finding all your Pokemon and breaking them free.
It would be nice to see the hero actually struggling and being in serious trouble, it would make him more "human", if you know what i mean? And it would make for a really exciting storyline!

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Going with the X and Y theme, maybe the new villainous team will capture Pokemon and try to splice their genes/DNA together like mad scientists? And as the protagonists you have to stop them from trying to work against nature/creating mutant Pokemon?
I actually hope this happens. For the past fourteen years, we've been fighting nothing but regular Pokemon throughout each game. I've always wanted the next game to allow us to fight stuff that wasn't Pokemon (PokeStar was a step in the right direction), so I would love if the next evil team battled with hybrid Pokemon, because they'd be so hard to prepare for. What types would they be? What would be their abilities? What attacks would they use?

And can we please drop the "Team" from the name? Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Snagem, Team Galactic, Team Plasma -- it's like they're all part of some global villainous organization and their team names were assigned to them. I mean, seriously, talk about lacking in creativity.

For instance, let's say the next organization does dabble in mutant Pokemon. Call 'em something like the "Genome Faction" or the "Hybrid Agency" -- something cool and original.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Oh lord I hope we never have that actually. It's so much unneeded game data when they're already making who knows how many new Pokémon as it is. If we're throwing hybrids into the mix then it's just going to be an awful mess in my opinion. But hey, that's just me =P

However, Team ____ has gotten stale, so I agree with it. I doubt they're going to change it since it's worked this long, why bother? I'd love to see something more original though.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I would love to see the Evil team succeed during a part of the game. I think it would be interesting if they "stole" all of your Pokemon and locked you up in their hide-out. Somehow you would manage to break free, and you'd find find one of your Pokemon in the cell next to yours, but just one. You would free him, and you would try to flee from the hide-out. While you are escaping, you would have to battle some members of the evil organization, eventually finding all your Pokemon and breaking them free.
It would be nice to see the hero actually struggling and being in serious trouble, it would make him more "human", if you know what i mean? And it would make for a really exciting storyline!

Now that is a freakin' crazy...enough to work idea, I LOVE it! Having to find our way out of the hide-out while regaining our Pokemon along the way.

Back