• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
Years
Haven't posted here for a while.

Anyway, I randomly decided to do a devamp to RB, and so far, I have recolored and reshaded it and such, and there are two questions I have before I start to do the anatomy editing...

ay0t3b4zbacje1sx6scg.png

1. Are the colours/shading done correctly to the RB style?

2. What are the dimensions for RB sprites, I have searched via google, and I have not been able to find anything about it. For this sprite, I guessed 56x56, but I'm not sure =/ (Main reason I posted here, since I want to start a sprite shop soon on a couple forums, but I need recent examples and such ~)

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
You guessed right xD

But the sprites on RB have colours. Not a lot but they do

Here is one
Spr_1b_001.png

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
Years
I love the style of the Red/Blue sprites, but hate the colors. So, I recolored a few of them. I'll make more, too! They're all in recolor-original format, btw.
dx0jo6.jpg

Weepinbell looks much better.
ogzb81.jpg

Yes, a red Voltorb is more preferrable than a yellow one.
2wq4w91.jpg

All Muk needs is deeper purples and he's perfect.
346qj3k.jpg

I still need darker colors for this one, but oh well.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Weepinbell in particular looks a bit funny due to being a straight-up recolour (Why did you turn the highlight on the leaves a solid black?), and Voltorb could do with a more noticable colour to shade the white areas, like in it's official sprites.

Anyway,

Attachments

• gc_wartortle.png
    gc_wartortle.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 13

Cobalt'Scizor

Wannabe Spriter/ROM Hacker
Years
Please tell me how you think all of these sprites are, these are some of my newest.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
Seven's Recolors Thread (Critique Needed)

Note to mods: I noticed my thread was moved. I actually thought I made it in the pixel art section, somehow I didn't sorry about that :)

Hello all! Allow me to introduce myself. I am Seven, and have a Pokemon project that I am trying to accomplish mostly by myself for the moment. That said, I tried recruiting a dedicated pixel artist to critique my work (not do it for me), that is to look and tell me what they think can be improved or worked on and I am finding that this kind of position is not an easy one to fill!

I'm not here to "recruit" anyone, but rather to expedite the critique process by having many others look at what I'm doing and freely comment on what they believe is wrong.

I am looking to recolor many, many Pokemon. Just how many? Well currently I'm not sure, but each Pokemon in my game will have at least 4 recolors, if not 10 or 12. Some recolors will be radical, but most will be subtle yet different enough to notice.

Since I have just started this portion of my project I haven't actually done very many recolors, but hopefully soon I will have many more completed.

In this thread I won't make new posts to add my recolors, but I will actually just edit this first post as it's more efficient. The problem with this method is you will not be able to my knowledge see if I've made any minor or major updates to what recolors I have finished. Since that is true, if you are interested in critiquing my work regularly than I encourage you to visit this thread or send me a PM so we can talk on a personal level.

Now on with the recolors!

For this portion of my project I am only recoloring Kanto Pokemon, with Phase II doing Johto which will be some months away likely.

I have only finished doing a few Bulbasaurs to start. But I assure you that many others will follow and if the moderators are kind they will let me continue to edit this thread and add more as I finish them.

Spoiler:

Please do not steal this work. I am a sharing person, and if you actually would like to use any of these recolors just ask me, with your reason for using it and I will probably say yes. I just would like to give permission first. I appreciate your respect :)

-Jake

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
The edits you've made to 'Radical Bulbasaur' have been done on a sprite that was already blown up to twice it's size. This results in a strange effect where you have crisper lines constrasted with the original, blocky pixels and generally doesn't look that pleasing.

(Also it looks more like he has a furrowed brow and someone's been cutting chunks out of him on the back sprite.)

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
Years
Weepinbell in particular looks a bit funny due to being a straight-up recolour (Why did you turn the highlight on the leaves a solid black?), and Voltorb could do with a more noticable colour to shade the white areas, like in it's official sprites.

Anyway,
I know. But I used the same color scale as the originals, if you didn't notice. That meant that I had to shadow Voltorb's white with a light pink.

Nice Squirtle, btw.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
The shading (or lack thereof) on Charizard still looks a little bit off. Also, I don't think his right leg should have a totally black outline, especially if it's being hit by the light.

Charmander also looks a bit funny, espeically the highlight on it's head, but that was never a great sprite when it was originally made.

Attachments

• some_cool_guys_by_the100megashock-d2xtom4.png
    some_cool_guys_by_the100megashock-d2xtom4.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 13
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
It's a...weird animation, basically.

Apart from the simplicity of it (A fade to black and back kinda stretches the boundary of an animation) it's not the smoothest fade in the world (could do with a few more frames) and some of the palette choices are a bit odd on the red/blue areas.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
MSCSeptemberentry3-1.png

-This one is Lileep and Kecleon Fused, then recoloured with a pink/puple pallette for a contest.
Shinobi-Mightycune4396975599-iaza-1.png

This is Mightyena and suicine. I like it, bar the few stray pixels in the tail area.
Poke_your_cheek-Gliszor1470660749-i.png

Gliscor and Scizor
Kingabypno.png

Hypno + Krabby + kingler
zenjin-Gliscor_Recolour_giratina776.png

Finally Gliscor Recoloured as Giratina.

C+C please?

Years
MSCSeptemberentry3-1.png

-This one is Lileep and Kecleon Fused, then recoloured with a pink/puple pallette for a contest.
Shinobi-Mightycune4396975599-iaza-1.png

This is Mightyena and suicine. I like it, bar the few stray pixels in the tail area.
Poke_your_cheek-Gliszor1470660749-i.png

Gliscor and Scizor
Kingabypno.png

Hypno + Krabby + kingler
zenjin-Gliscor_Recolour_giratina776.png

Finally Gliscor Recoloured as Giratina.

C+C please?
The Kecleon and Mightyena worked out great, but the Gliscor and Hypno no so much. The claws you added to them don't feel very well integrated, especially on the Hypno. I chalk it up to the thin arms which don't go so well with the thicker body sizes. Plus, if you're going to make a fusion why not change the color a little while you're moving parts around.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
My First Real Fusion!

So this little guy was made with the head of ninetails, ears and skin color of pichu and eyes of pikachu. What do you guys think?

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
If I were you, I would add up 4 scratches. Before a mod spots this topic. Because topics that only contain Fusions will be moved into the spriters recolour and fusion showcase.

As for critique It's not bad for a first sprite Although it has a lack of shading. And it's only a head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back