• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Oh yeah! It' been a long wait, but it's finally here.

Now to finally Brown (my first time). Enough talk, time to play!

PS: CBM, shouldn't the link in your sig lead to this thread and not the scrapbox thread?

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Yes, it's here! Finally! I'm going to play it, and play it, and PLAY IT!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Options --> Gameboy --> SGB

Then Close and then reopen the emulator.
Thanks...I already did that before but when I restarted I just loaded from save slot 1 and it didn't work.
I saved now normally and SGB colors work now :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Anyone here know if pokemon movesets were edited?

A lot of pokemon were hard to use because they had hardly any moves. Koffing, for example - Until he turned to Weezing at like 30, he wouldn't learn a single attack other than his starting Smog and Sludge right before evolving

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Charmander can learn Metal Claw, good thing it learned it cause I was almost done for in the first cave.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I'm glad you're all excited. I hope you're all having fun.

I just released the Second Gen Compatibility Patches. Download them here!. Simply patch one of these to a second Gen game and you'll be able to trade. Future versions of Prism will come with this ability standard in the future.

Some movesets have been edited. I can't remember if I did Koffing or not though.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Also

Options --> Gameboy --> SGB

Then Close and then reopen the emulator.

Been sticking with the Automatic option, and I still got the colors.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Ugh, I accidently patched a red rom that already had a save file and it has some interesting Pokedex results:

2mdfa5x.png
112czk0.png

Care to explain CBM? I thought you removed Missingno.s? Or did you just convert them into the R/S/E version?

~Red

Years
It is our old friend, missingno in a new outfit. Isn't it springlike and cheerful.

It's kinda like he put it there on purpose. I mean, there is no more glitchiness anymore! It's like a normal pokemon (the only glitchiness is it's cry and pokedex entry are the same as Blossom).

robbingdog

I wanna be the guy
Years
hmm, that's weird, every patched Red rom I've tried has this weird bunch of glitchy blocks onscreen at all times. The game's still playable, but it's really distracting... anyone know what this might be?

~Red

Years
Just to let you guys know I've figured out what the final quest is. i will not release any info nor tell you how to find out (it's glitchy as hell anyway).

If you REALLY can't wait then drop me a PM.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
hmm, that's weird, every patched Red rom I've tried has this weird bunch of glitchy blocks onscreen at all times. The game's still playable, but it's really distracting... anyone know what this might be?

Odds are you're not using a clean one, or are using the wrong version of one. Regardless, can't discuss the actual rom here, tis illegal activities

Datai

Star Trainer
Years
OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THI-oh wait.

But I assure everyone that it's more than worth the wait. I highly recommend playing a second file from the beginning, to enjoy all the additions and try out some of the added Pokemon.

And be sure you thank KBM while you're at it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
It's in the topic name >__>

Anyways. This is so awesome!
... but in every rom I tried, Squirtle and Bulbasaur have a weird pallete D:
Seriously, Bulbasaur is GREEN! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back