• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

blue

gucci
Years

The Kalos Travel Journal

This thread is to note down any interesting events that occur during your journey through Kalos. You might have obtained a new badge, you might have just caught a new Pokémon, or you might just want to post your team as they're progressing! Whatever it may be, feel free to record your journey through the Kalos Region here! Make some creative posts along your journey and others will enjoy reading them.

Thread Rules

- Please make sure to follow the Pokécommunity Rules when posting. - This thread is to enter your traveling stories through Kalos. No Youtube Videos. - This thread is exempt from the thread revival rule. - Do NOT discuss or distribute any ROMS in this thread. - Any questions regarding the games should be asked in the X/Y Quick Q&A. - Have fun, and remember to make some memories!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I am so excited to be playing the new game! I habe noticed how the region thus far kind of matches Kanto with the small town, then a bigger town then a forest.

It is exciting to play and there are so many Pokemon available it is unreal

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well, i got my game yesterday thanks to amazon, and so far it has been a blast! I picked Froakie as my starter and met the 4 friends/rivals you have throughout the game. They all have their own personality and goals and are quite loveable. I caught a bunch of pokes, but decided to only use Scatterbug. I trained them up and got to the first gym. The badge battle was neither too hard nor too easy, and proved to be a good challenge for a first gym. Be advised, no matter what starter you pick, you wont really have much advantage ;) and continued my journey and got to Lumiose, which is simply immense!! Gonna take quite some time to explore every bit of it. I received Charmander and a very special item from Sycamore :D after that i saved and went to sleep. Im heading home now, hoping to continue my adventure!

My team so far:
Spoiler:

Notable Things/Curiosities
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Asuna_Yuuki

your regular overlord
Years
I have the game since this morning and I haven't stopped playing, yet.
I'm in the Glittering Cave at the moment!
My team so far:
Frogadier (Reid) Lv 23
Pidgeotto (Tomo) Lv. 23
Charmeleon (Dino) Lv. 21

Those are the ones I use actively anyways. But I have some others that are in my team and get leveled up by the exp. share a bit.
Litleo (Nila) Lv 19
Zigzagoon (Ziggy) Lv. 18
Snorlax (Lady) Lv 16

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Just started off my journey and restarted a few times to get a good Froakie. I've settled with a female Modest Froakie and I couldn't ask for anything better tbh. :) Onwards!~

Now I'm spending forever looking for a Pamsage. Not fun! xD

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Got my game on Wednesday and I'm at the 4th gym city. Loving the game so far, everything is flawless!

Team:
Frogadier level 35
Charmeleon level 34
Fletchinder level 34
Lucario level 35

Still have no idea what my other two pokemon are going to be, had the other 4 since just after the 1st gym haha.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
I am simply in love with Pokemon-Amie!
It's super fun and just adorable. I'm surprised how much detail went into it - I mean they made various animations for it and that for over 700 Pokémon (I mean.. it DOES work for all, right?)

My team so far is Fennekin and Pikachu! Was happy that I ran into a jolly Pikachu at that. : )
(Somehow I knew I was gonna end up with a Pikachu though.. as usual.)

Gotten my first badge and have basically spent hours in the first town/routes. For one thing I don't want to get much further yet and then again.. Amie is entertaining enough to keep me in one spot.

I also had my first random battle? Technically it was foolish to accept it because I knew it would be a defeat for my two little ones but hey - when the battle request popped up I just couldn't resist to at least try it out. :')
(And I think I can say Fennekin and Pikachu did fairly well considering they were up against 4 of which some were evolved *shurg*)

I also noticed that the sounds Pokémon make seem less mechanical (as in of old Pokémon.. noticed it most on Zigzagoon!)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
My Charmander has JUST evolved into Charizard! I was given the Charizardite X a long time ago, so I can't wait to have my 2nd Mega Evolution Pokemon!

Was very surprised when I was given a free Lucario- I had trained one up from a Riolu; one of the first Pokemon I caught in the game. I deposited the one I was given and use the one I was caught.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
So i just had another intense 6hr session. The Game just keeps getting better and better! Sadly, the first time you visit the biggest city in Kalos, you only get to see half of it. well another time i guess. I travelled through many different routes and caught many different Pokes. I really love how gigantic the Kalos Dex is! After getting the PokeFlute i woke up and caught the Snorlax. Along the way i caught a Honedge and a Croagunk for my team.
Right now im at the Glitterstone cave, and i love the new gameplay inside it!
Thats all for now, gotta grab something to eat (:
8hr playtime and still only one badge!

My team so far
- Frogadier Lv 20
- Charmeleon Lv 20
- Croagunk Lv 20
- Vivillon Lv 21
- Honedge Lv 21 (Loving this guy!!)

Considering if i should put Helioptile on my team...

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I just started my journey. I have 1 badge so far. The first gym was very easy with my torchic.

My team so far:
Quilladin - lvl 16
Combusken- lvl 17
Squirtle - lvl 10

I've caught other pokemon but those are pokemon i don't want on my team.
Also i turned off the EXPshare. The game is very easy so far and i don't want to overlevel my pokemon.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Heading out to Route 5 now...

Main team:
Lv 19 Quilladin
Lv 19 Combusken
Lv 17 Fletchinder
Lv 16 Riolu
Lv 13 Squirtle
Lv 11 Ralts

Zanekin

Bidoof is best pokémon
Years
About to go get the game at midnight where it's being released on the east coast with the special torchic event I plan on my team to consist of
Torchic, Squirtle, Chespin!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

The spoiler below doesn't really spoil much, but If you were like me and wanted to go in blind, it's best not to read.
Spoiler:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Nathan // M // Badges: 1

I'm currently traveling through Zubat Roost and much like the title of the place implies, there's so many Zubat! My current team stands as:

pancham_sprite_by_seiku88-d64zq0u.png

Pancham (17)
- Comet Punch
- Karate Chop
- Arm Thrust
- Work Up

005.png

Charmeleon (23)
- Scary Face
- Dragon Rage
- Ember
- Smokescreen

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I got up to the 1st gym, and beat it. Braixen just evolved and its status screen has a not lof neat animations for spinning its stick about. =) Also got a Vivillon just to confirm the Australian model for it, doubt I'll stick to using it though.

I also found a shiny Pikachu! =D Well, I'm not much of a fan of Pikachu, but yay for finding a shiny within my first hour of playing. Unlike 5th gen when it took me until B2W2.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Pokemon X - I'm in Cyllage City, challenging the gym. Current party:

Chezzy(Chespin), Male, level 25
Amaura, Male, level 21
Sissel(Wartortle), Male, level 21
Combusken, Male, level 24 (The event one, so it's holding a blazikenite)
Sammy(Fletchinder), Female, level 24 (This guy is awesome!)

And yeah, I know - Chespin could've evolved - I like to keep my starters unevolved for a while

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
All the little things are so much fun - I just can't get further in the story cause I keep messing around with things. :')

I have mixed feelings about the friendlist.
For one thing it's great - love how you can battle and trade any time and it just helps playing with other people even if you don't haver any Pokémon friends! (which I do but non of them have been online yet. ;o; )
But then I think it's sad that you can't interact well. The shout-out system isn't really great and even small things like sending a little smiley like in the previous gens trade would have done a great deal already!

Oh and I got a bit of a fright when i saw my Pokémon in the super training rolled over on it's back - i thought it had collapsed or something lol 3: but apparently it was only "resting".

But yea - loving all the little things but I hope to reach the 2nd gym this evening. :') sadly I'll have to leave the house for most of the day /sigh

As for the team;

Fennekin has evolved - so has my Flabébé <3
Aaaand now having a Furfrou on the team! So that makes 4 (still got my Pikachu) - but I am still clueless on which water type to use. 3:

I got up to the 1st gym, and beat it. Braixen just evolved and its status screen has a not lof neat animations for spinning its stick about. =) Also got a Vivillon just to confirm the Australian model for it, doubt I'll stick to using it though.

I also found a shiny Pikachu! =D Well, I'm not much of a fan of Pikachu, but yay for finding a shiny within my first hour of playing. Unlike 5th gen when it took me until B2W2.

Oh my, lucky you! Grats! : )

Years
Right now I'm in route five, I have with me level 19 frogdeir(Naruto :D), level 16 Flabebe, level 11 bidoof(future HM slave) and level 12 charmander which I just keep with me till I have a full team.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Right now, I'm in Luminose City, with Quilladin Lv 19 and Fletchinder Lv 19 as well. Messed around with the PR video thing, how cool is it? Gamefreak have put a lot of effort into the little things this time around. Really impressed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Just heading on to Route 5 now.

After finally deciding, I picked Froakie as my starter. Then my next goal was to (obviously!) catch a Bunnelby. Managed to get a Jolly one with decent stats so I am pretty happy about that. Other then that I've been just taking it slow, patrolling the grass for pokemon, grinding, and petting my lovely Bunnelby in Amie.

My team currently consists of:
Frogadier lvl18
Bunnelby lvl 16
Farfetch'd lvl 13
Azurill lvl 13

I wasn't planning on using Farfetch'd but now, oddly enough, I am considering it. So far he has been a huge help! Critting like a beast with his Stick equipped. Also not sure if Azurill will last as a team member either.

Back